Just Friends | Ned Leeds / Peter Parker (TH)

requested by RosePerex

i really shouldn't be trying to get an imagine in because I have 60+ pages to read, a midterm to study for, and a quiz to study for in my history class that ALL need done by tomorrow but hey haha i give up on everything so who cares 

i've been thinking about how cute ned is all day and need to get paid so i can buy myself that book called every day bc even tho i don't want to read it at all i want the cover with jacob on it haha but COLLEGE DEBT ya know how it is

//

You hated that you did it, that you took time to do your hair and makeup and look really good. It wasn't like you wanted to care - but every time you thought about putting on a pair of sweatpants in the morning, you thought of Peter and how he stared at Liz every time she wore that purple sweater and had her hair curled. 

Not like Peter was that kind of guy. He was sweet and liked girls for more than physical looks, but he was also a teenage boy. Teenage boys liked pretty girls. And maybe-

Maybe he just didn't think that you were pretty. 

Someone will, you told yourself. One day, someone will think you're the prettiest girl in the world.

You walked into class, tugging on the bottom of your skirt. It was uncomfortable. It wasn't short, not even close, but it was uncomfortable and you could feel the skin of your thighs rubbing together when you walked. You winced, knowing quite well your skin would be raw by the time  you got home. 

"Hi, Peter," you said sweetly, walking by his desk to go to your seat. It was right behind his. 

He barely even looked at you. "Hey, morning," he said normally, but he wasn't looking at you even as he spoke. "How are you?"

"I'm... good," you said slowly. "Peter, are you okay?" You followed his gaze and saw the back of Liz's head at the front of the classroom. You felt disappointed. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said, coughing and turning in his chair. He looked at you for the first time all morning and smiled. "Did you do the homework?"

"Uh-huh," you said, looking down. 

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you okay?"

"Fine," you said. The seat next to you was empty. "Where's Ned?"

"I... don't know," he said. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine," you said. 

He nodded and turned around. 

The bell rang at the exact moment that Ned hurried in through the door, sweaty and out of breath. "Hey! Hey! Sorry I'm late, my bus... my bus was late," he gasped, going down the row. He stopped at his seat and tossed his books on the desk. You smiled up at him as he sat down. 

The teacher started taking attendance. As she read off the names, Ned leaned in.

"Hey," he said. 

"Hi," you whispered back. 

He smiled sweetly. "You look really nice today." He nodded and then opened his notebook like nothing happened. 

You stared at him, your heart somewhere in your throat. "Thank you," you breathed, but he didn't hear you. 

Peter was still staring at Liz, but for some reason, you didn't care as much. 

...

At lunch, you read a book from across Peter and Ned. They picked at their food and talked about homework.