She's Got You | Ned Leeds/Peter Parker (TH)

i've got an angsty peter parker imagine coming your way later so stay tuned

requested by imagine-drakons

//

Your mouth filled with the metallic taste of blood as their fist collided with your cheek for the second time in thirty seconds. You gasped, feeling the warm liquid dribble out of the corner of your lips. You looked at the man and he smacked you across the face. Anger filled you and you yanked at the ropes wound around your wrist. 

"Leave her alone!" Peter shouted. He was tied to the chair behind you. His chair squeaked as he tried to turn and stop the villain from hitting you again.

"You know what we need," the villain said. 

"No, we don't!" Peter exclaimed. "Leave her alone, man!"

The guy hit you again. You called out in pain. Ducking your head, your mouth filled with blood. You looked up at the man and spit at him. He slapped you across the face and then walked away, leaving you and Peter alone in the garage.

"If you happen to have a way out of here, can you please tell me," you whispered, breathing heavily. 

"Dude, are you okay?" he asked. 

"I'm great," you said sarcastically. "Peter, please tell me that you can get us out of this!"

"Yeah, yeah, just hang on." He looked around. "I'll get you out of this, I swear. Okay... time to think, Peter. Time to think."

"We don't have time." You shook your head, eyes tearing up. Your entire face was swelling. You knew a couple of your teeth were broken. You felt so hopeless. "I should have told him," you whispered. "I should have told him..."

Peter stopped. He turned and looked at you. "What did you say?"

"I should have told him," you said.

"Told who what?" he asked. 

"I love him," you sobbed. 

Peter furrowed his eyebrows. He tried to look at you. "You love who?"

You cried out, shaking your head, "Peter-"

"Me?" he asked in disbelief. "Whoa, ___, I think you're great and all but... I'm dating Liz."

"No," you squeaked, "not you, Peter. Ned. I was telling you that I love Ned."

"Ned? You like Ned?"

"I love him," you said. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked. He grinned. "That's great! That's so great! I mean, I don't want to give up any of his deepest darkest secrets, but he likes you too! Holy crap, I'm so excited for you both."

"It doesn't matter," you said.

"Uh, yes it does! This is awesome!" 

"Peter, it doesn't matter because that man is going to come back and he's going to kill me," you said. "You don't have the information he wants. He's going to kill me, realize that, and then kill you, too."

"No, there's no way," he said, shaking his head. "I'm not letting you die. Not before you and Ned can even date." He tugged at the ropes on his wrist. "Oh jeez, what did they coat these in? I can't break them." He kept pulling. "Oh hang on, Ned is calling."

"Tell him to call the police! We need help," you said. 

"Hey Ned!" he said, a small screen popping up in the eyes of his mask. He saw Ned sitting in front of a computer screen.

"Hey, Pete... what's going on? You haven't got back yet-"

"Yeah, uh, we need your help, actually. We got kidnapped and we are currently tied up. I need you to get here fast, buddy. I - they already tortured ___-"

"They what?"

"You need to get here now-"

"What did they do to her? Is she okay? Peter-"

"She's okay, just hurt," he said. "We need you to get hel-"

"I have a tracker on you now and I'm already on my way," Ned blurted, and the connection ended. 

"Wait, Ned-" He sighed. "Okay, Ned's on his way."

"With the cops?" you asked. 

"No," he said. "I don't... I don't think so. I'm not sure though. I guess we'll find out."

...

Not even an hour later, Mr. Stark showed up. He dealt with the guys that tortured you and Ned hurried in after him. 

"Oh crap!" he exclaimed. "Pete, you okay?" He got the ropes off of him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said. He flexed his fingers. "Thanks for saving us, buddy."

"That's what the guy in the chair is for," he said. 

Peter jerked his head to where you were. "Get __ out of here. She's hurt."

"Oh yeah. Oh crap!" He hurried over to you and knelt down in front of you. You were leaning forward in your chair, trying to focus on your breathing rather than the pain in your jaw. He untied your wrists and you slumped forward. He half caught you, pulling you to the end of the chair. "Hey ___, it's okay. It's alright, I got you." 

"Hey Ned," you breathed, eyes barely opened. 

"Hey, you," he said. He looked at your face. "Oh jeez, you're hurt and you're turning purple. Are you okay? Have you lost too much blood?"

"I just wanna go home," you said, voice weak. "Can you take me home?"

"Yeah, I can take you home. Just a second." He rubbed your back. "Hey Pete? I think she's gonna need carried. She isn't looking too good."

"Take her home, Ned," Peter said. He pointed to the direction where Mr. Stark was fighting. "I think, uh, Mr. Stark needs me," he lied. "So I'll, uh... I'll leave you to helping her."

"No, wait - she needs you," he said, panicked. 

"Why does she need me? She's got you," Peter said. He webbed himself to the ceiling and crawled away. 

Ned looked down at you, leaning against him. She needs me, he thought. She needs me.

He swallowed and touched your hair. "I, uh, am gonna carry you. Is that okay?"

You nodded.

"Okay. Can you help me out here?"

You put your arms around his neck and he put on of his arms under you knees. You held onto him as he lifted you up. His heart skipped a beat when you laid your head on his chest. Softly, you whispered to him, "Thank you."

He looked down at you and smiled. You felt so right in his arms, like you belonged there. He held you close and walked you out of the garage. 

For some reason, he felt like today was a good day to tell you that he was in love with you.