I Hope They Remember You (part six) | Peter Parker (TH)

double upload! SURPRISE

okay i am officially on break as of tomorrow (thank you Jesus for giving me the strength to push through this semester haha). while i probably won't be updating on Good Friday and definitely won't be updating on Easter Sunday, i will be trying to write as many requests as i can this week. our series will be updated as originally planned (five chapters, then a break with another imagine). 

thank you to all of those that have been patient with my updates! please remember that i don't have a lot of spare time but i do get a ton of requests a day. when you request, the wait is usually 1-2 months. i try to get them out as soon as possible but it's not always easy. messaging me and begging me for your update isn't going to make it come out any faster. please be patient.

and y'all need to stop attacking me for my religion or any spelling mistakes/stories you may not like of mine. just. stop. i am not gonna deal with it anymore lol

//

Over the next few days, your dad scheduled a lot of tests to be done on you. You hated having the inside of your arms poked and prodded at every hour on the hour, but you wanted to know what was going on just as bad as they did. Your dad hated it, too, and apologized again and again anytime you winced or hissed as a needle was plunged into your flesh. 

You were forced to stay in the lab, hooked up to several machines. Your dad said you could move back to your bedroom in just a few days; it would take a while to move all of the equipment needed in there. 

Meanwhile, Peter visited you quite frequently. 

"How are your fingers?" you asked him as he pulled containers of Chinese food out of a plastic bag. He placed your meal on your legs and then grabbed a pair of chopsticks from the bottom of the bag.

"All healed," he said, holding his hand up. He wiggled his fingers. "Record time, too."

"I'm really sorry, Pete," you said. 

"I told you it was fine," he replied. He smiled at you and pulled a chair up to the table. "You didn't know, so how could we?"

"I know, but..." 

"Just stop apologizing," he said. "If you keep it up, I'll stop accepting." 

"Pete..."

"I mean it!" he laughed. He sat down and took the lid off of his food. "I got egg rolls. You want one?"

"Um, yeah," you said. He handed you one. You took the paper off of your chopsticks and angled them between your fingers. You dunked them into your bowl to grab a dumpling, but as you pulled it out, the sticks broke in half and the piece of dough fell onto the floor. You sighed. 

"It's okay," Peter said, mouth full of noodles. "I got a couple of extras."

You smiled warmly as he handed you another pair of chopsticks. "You think of everything, Pete. Thanks." You tried again and managed to get a dumpling in your mouth. "Was Ned mad that you missed your senior trip?"

"No," he said. "He understood. He's great." He chewed and swallowed. "It doesn't matter, anyway. I just want to graduate and be done."

"And be a full time Avenger?" you teased, smiling. 

He snorted. "Yeah. If only, right?" 

"What do you mean?" you asked. "Has... has my dad not made you an Avenger yet?"

"No," he said. 

"What? It's been three years!"

"I know."