I'm Just Glad You're Alive | Peter Parker (TH)

an update on my aunt:

sibling!peter x reader as requested by AgentNutella

next update might be the next part of I Hope They Remember You because infinity war is in two weeks! i'm not sure how many parts are left in the story... i have a lot planned still but we'll see. hopefully i can finish it before i take my break from wattpad to keep from spoilers.

//

"Hey, I'm going to take a break," Peter said, poking his head in your bedroom. "Wanna take a walk?"

You smiled at your twin brother and stood up, grabbing your jacket off the back of your office chair. "Sure, that sounds great."

...

"So how's school going?" Peter asked, kicking at a pebble. 

"Fine," you replied, "I mean, college plus high school is a little rough, but-"

"But not for a genius," Peter said, elbowing you.

"Yeah, genius," you mocked, rolling your eyes. "You're the guy in the science school!"

"But I'm failing my classes." 

"Because you're trying to split one day into two full days for two different people," you said. You looked up at him and frowned. "Spider-Man can't keep doing this to Peter, Peter."

"People need Spider-Man," he said. "They don't need Peter Parker."

"I need him," you said. "___ Parker needs Peter Parker."

He looked at you and snorted. "You're such a weirdo."

You smiled."Yeah, well, so are you. Seriously, though, Pete... take a break from Spider-Man."

"What do you think I'm doing?" He pulled his sleeves up and showed his bare wrists. "Look. No webs on me today. What do you think I meant when I said I was going to take a break?"

"What- I thought you were studying!"

He snorted. "You know I wouldn't be studying on a Friday night. I was stopping an ATM robbery on Fourth Street-"

"Oh my- Peter... no wonder you're failing! Aunt May is going to kill you."

"Uh, so don't tell her!" he said, grabbing your arm. "I swear I'll bring them up before the semester ends. Just don't tell on me."

You sighed. "Fine," you said. You jabbed a finger into his chest. "But you'd better bring them up!"

"I will!" he assured you. "I-" He stopped, grabbing your wrist quickly.

"What is- ow!" He gripped you too hard. You pulled your hand away. "Pete-"

"Shut up for a second," he mumbled. He looked around. You took note of how the hair on his arms were all standing straight up. "What the-"

Not even a quarter of a second after, the squeal of tires made your ears ring. A large black car without the headlights on swerved in, missing you and Peter by inches. You screamed and he wrapped an arm around you, yanking you out of the way. 

The back of the car opened and out spilled four men with large muscles and dark clothes. They stomped over to you and Peter and grabbed you. You screamed out as they twisted your arm.

"Hey, drop her!" Peter shouted. "Stop, stop-" He threw his fist out and caught on in the jaw. One of them threw himself on top of Peter, taking him to the ground. 

They were breaking your arm. You screamed and cried, hurting too bad to fight. Peter reached for you but two of the guys hooked their arms under his and threw him into the car. He scrambled up, hearing your scream break off suddenly. He saw them hit you in the back of the head. You fell on the sidewalk. 

"No! ___! ___!" 

He felt something poke his neck. Half a second later, his strength faded and he fell limp on the floor of the car, not able to get to you.

...

You woke up with a pounding headache. A gasp of pain burst out of your lips. You were afraid of how hard they had hit you...

You managed to get up. "Peter?" you croaked out, looking around. He was gone. "Peter!" Your breath picked up as you started to panic. 

Where had they taken him?

What were they doing to him?

You started to sob as you got to your feet. Your cellphone was gone. You had no choice but to walk to the only person you knew could help.

...

It took hours to get there. You were practically running, despite the several breaks you had to take when your head was spinning too much. You made it to the front doors and rang the doorbell. You pounded on it, crying, and Happy Hogan answered it. 

"___ Parker?" he asked. "Holy- you're bleeding."

"Someone attacked us in the park and they took Peter, they took him, I don't know where he is, he's gone-" Your vision went black and you fell forward, caught in his arms. Everything faded away - the voice of Tony shouting your name being the last thing you heard. 

...

Waking up, the first thing you saw was Pepper's vibrant red hair. She hushed your whimpers and pulled a blanket higher up on you.

"Calm down," she said gently, "calm down. You're okay. You're safe, and so is Peter."

"He is?" you whispered. 

"Yes," she said. She smiled. "Tony found him."

"What were they? What did they do to him?"

"They wanted to experiment on him," she said. "They wanted to make a team of strong people with the same powers he has so they could kill him and Tony. But they lost, ___, and Peter is safe-"

You squeezed your eyes shut. "Please... I need to see him."

"Sure, sweetie," she said. "But I'll have to wheel you there, okay?"

Pepper put you in a wheelchair and wheeled you down the halls. Your head was pounding and spinning; you were having the worst headache of your life. You moved to rub your temple, but Pepper's hand stopped you.

"Watch it, you've got a few stitches," she said.

Your stomach turned. You just needed to see your brother.

Peter was in a chair in Tony's lab. Tony was dabbing at his face with a wet towel. When he saw Pepper, he lit up, dropping the cloth to cross the room and kiss her. He looked at you, started to say hello, but was silenced as Peter scrambled out of his own chair to throw himself towards you.

"___!" he sobbed.

"Careful, Pete-" Pepper warned as he nearly knocked you out of the wheelchair. "She has a few stitches."

Peter put his hands on either side of your face. "You're okay, you're okay - I am so sorry, they came for me, and they got you because you were there..."

"It's okay," you breathed, shaking your head slightly. "I'm just glad you're alive." You had lost so many of your family members already, you couldn't stand losing your twin brother.

He hugged you tightly. "Me, too."