Your Secret Is Safe With Me | Peter Parker (TH)

requested by spidermanscontrol

//

Stepping into the room, you gave a small, kind smile to no one in particular. No one paid any attention to you as you sat at one of the lab tables. You read the chalkboard:

GROUP PROJECTS TODAY - FIND GROUPS OF FOUR!

Your heart sank and you felt anxiety creep in. You bit your lip and looked around the classroom as it gradually filled with students you didn't know well enough to approach.

It shouldn't be that hard. Just talk to someone - just say hello.

Your stomach twisted with anxiety. No, you can't just talk to someone.

The bell rang and the teacher read the board aloud. She pursed her pale lips and put her hands together, waiting patiently as everyone went to their friends and settled down.

You didn't move.

Your eyes couldn't help but shift to Peter Parker, the really cute junior that you had been crushing on since the start of your freshman year last month. But he had a group of four already, and he had never even glanced at you before.

You felt your anxiety hit an all time high until a girl at the table in front of you turned her perfectly blonde head and smiled. You recognized her and her group of two as popular juniors.

"Hey, we need another person," she said, "wanna join?"

"Yes," you said, standing up off the stool. Relief flooded you. You walked to their table and sat at the end of it. "Um, thank you."

"No problem," the blonde one said. "I'm Alice. This-" She gestured to the girl in front of her, beautiful with caramel skin and voluminous black, curly hair. "This is Jamie. And her name is Violet." Violet was just as pretty as the other two, with dark red hair. "What's yours?"

"___," you said.

"You're a freshman, right?" Jaime asked. You nodded. "Thought so. I, like, have never even seen you before."

"Well, you're one of us now," Violet said. She smiled at Alice, who nodded.

After class, Alice planned a trip to the diner to start working on the project assigned. You found yourself hanging out with people after school. You were sitting in a booth in a diner with people from school.

"Here are your drinks," the waiter said.

"Thank you," Alice said, opening her straw and putting it in her Sprite. She took a sip and pushed the menus towards the waiter. "And we will all have the cheeseburger, please. No pickle on mine."

The waiter left and Alice smiled. "So, Violet... how's it going with Harry?"

"Harry?" you asked.

"Osborn, duh! Only the cutest guy in Midtown," Violet said. "Oh, we are still flirting. He totally likes me though."

"He is so hot," Alice said. "Don't you think so, ___?"

"Um." You shrugged. "I... don't think so..."

"Oh?"

"What?"

"Then you like someone else! You have to," Alice said. She leaned forward and grinned. "Tell us! Come on, ___. We're friends now. Tell us!"

"Um..."

"Come on!" she urged.

You smiled. "I don't know-"

Violet touched your arm. "Babe. We're friends. Your secret is safe with us."

Friends.

You grinned and leaned back. "Um, okay. I, uh, I like a junior. Peter Parker? In our science class-"

"Oh, Peter! My gosh, he's a nerd. A cute one though." Alice nodded. "You two would be cute."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," she said. "Hm. Should we order milkshakes to go?"

...

Over the week, you were hanging out with those juniors every day. You finally felt like you were a part of Midtown; you had friends.

And you turned in your project and got an A. As you walked into the class the next day, ready to head to your seat by Alice, you saw that Jaime was sitting by her. You paused, getting ready to sit by Violet, but saw Harry Osborn there.

You felt a little confused but sat in your normal seat. You heard Violet laugh and looked up to see her, Jaime, and Violet all staring at you and giggling.

Violet plucked a piece of paper from her desk and held it up to you. It said:

TO: Peter Parker ♡

FROM: ___ ____

And below, a love letter.

A letter that you didn't write.

You gasped and stood up. She balled up the paper and sent it flying towards Peter. It bounced off the back of his head and he turned around. He picked the paper up off the floor and unfolded it.

You were filled with horror as a boy you never talked to looked from the paper to you.

And your friends laughed.

You stood up and gathered all of your things. You fled the room, holding your folders to your chest, red faced and on the verge of tears.

They laughed louder.

...

Fifteen minutes later, you walked out of the women's bathroom, dropping a tear stained paper towel in the trashcan on your way out. If you moved quick, you'd have your backpack and be out of the building before the bell rang.

But you stepped outside and looked up to see Peter Parker standing against the wall, hands on his pockets. He saw you and stepped out before you, keeping a couple feet of distance.

"Hi," he said.

"I didn't write that," you blurted, face red again. "My friends did. Well. I-I thought they were my friends, but they're not. They were just using me for the project and now- they suck."

He laughed. "Yeah," he said. "I figured it was them. I mean, they were laughing a lot. But I didn't follow you to confront you or anything. I just wanted to make sure you were okay, and that if this note is true, if you do like me, I won't tell anyone."

Your eyebrows raised and your face softened. The boy smiled politely and took one hand out of his pocket. In it was the note, crumpled. He dropped it in the trashcan.

"Your secret is safe with me," he said. "And just so you know, I'm pretty good at keeping secrets." He grinned.

"Thanks, Peter."

"No problem. Your name is ___, right?"

You nodded.

"Wanna hang out after school? I don't know if you've ever had it, but there's this place called Delmar's, and he has the greatest sandwiches. They're really good with pickles, smushed down all flat..."

You smiled, losing yourself in the kindness of Peter Parker, the boy that had already proved to be a better friend in two minutes than Violet had in a whole week.

You let him walk you to your next class, actually grateful for Violet and her mean heart.