I'm All Alone (part five) | Peter Parker (TH)

ya girl is getting ready for disney world today. i went to the disney store and bought a couple of things for the star lord meet and greet

 i went to the disney store and bought a couple of things for the star lord meet and greet

(hopefully he won't be taken out right before i get there lol)

anyway, happy mother's day!

//

"Dad," you breathed, feet finally planted on the solid ground. You fixed your hair and went rushing over to him. He opened an arm for you and you stepped in his hold, closing your eyes and leaning your head against his chest. You just took a moment to enjoy the peace and comfort of his presence. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," he answered. He looked down at you and cupped your chin before placing a hand on your shoulder. "That was incredibly stupid of you, though. Please don't do that again."

"Do what? Save your butt?" You elbowed him playfully, wanting to make a joke out of everything. You didn't want to remember almost dying or him almost dying or have him remember either.

He smiled, but he wasn't kidding around with you, and you could tell. He had never yelled at you before (he didn't think he had a right to since he wasn't involved in most of your life) but he sometimes got mad at you.

And you had never risked your life before, so you weren't sure how he would react to that.

"You can't scare me like that, kid. I realized I was getting old when I started thinking I was about to have a heart attack seeing you there. The whole point of you training in the mystic arts is to create smarter plans."

"Oh, it wasn't my plan," you said, smiling. He furrowed his eyebrows. You pointed behind you. "It was Peter's."

Peter looked up at your dad at the mention of his name and gave a nervous smile. He stepped forward and held out a hand. "Uh, hi, sir. I'm sorry. I wasn't going to kill your daughter. I had it all under control." He stopped in front of you. Your dad stared at him. "I-I'm Peter, by the way."

"Doctor Strange," he greeted.

"Oh, we're using our made up names. Then I am Spider-Man." You gave him a confused look and your dad walked away, sighing softly. "Oh, wait! That's... that's your real name. 'Cause your name-" He pointed to you. "- is also Strange. Not, like, it's strange, but it's Strange. You get me?"

"No," you said, shaking your head. "No, I don't get you. What's wrong with you?"

"I'm sorry," he said. He scratched his head. "I-I get nervous talking to girl's dads... not that I meet a lot of girls! I've only actually had one girlfriend. Anyway, I'll just..." He walked away.

"Okay," Tony said, shutting his eyes and gesturing to Peter, "I don't... I don't know what to say about what just happened there."

"Is he your son?" you asked him.

"No," he said. "He's my... he's my problem, pretty much."

Peter gave him a dirty look and turned away, sitting down on the ground. He dropped his head. He seemed disappointed. Maybe it was because he was called a problem, or maybe because he wanted to be Tony's son.

You watched after him for a long minute, feeling more than a little bad for him.

While your dad talked to Tony about plans, you walked over to him and sat down. He looked over at you and drew his knees close to his chest.

"I really liked your plan," you told him. "And Alien is a great movie."

"Yeah, thanks," he said. "I watch Alien all the time with my best friend. His name is Ned." He sighed. "I really wish I had stayed on the bus."

"Were you going to school when the..."

"Yeah," he said. "Well, I had a field trip. And then I came to help, but... Mr. Stark says it's a one way trip and I didn't really say goodbye to my aunt this morning."

"Oh," you said. You looked away from him. "I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Yeah," he breathed. "Maybe."

You turned your head and overheard Tony and your dad's plans. You looked back at Peter and frowned a little. "Looks like we're coming to Thanos."

"I guess it's better than waiting around for him to come for us," he said, but he didn't sound very certain. "Are you scared of what we might have to fight?"

"No," you said. "I almost lost my dad die today. I almost died today. I think those two things are the most terrifying things that could ever happen to me. I had a third, but it happened."

"What was it?" he asked. You shook your head slightly. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I didn't want to pry."

"No, it's okay," you said, waving your hand. "It's fine."

"I lost people too," he told you.

You looked up and started at his face. His eyes met yours and he smiled warmly. The colors of the galaxy got reflected in the whites of his eyes and you felt yourself staring for too long.

Peter looked away first. You felt embarrassed. You scratched your arm and watched the side of his head.

"You know, you saved my life today. I would be dead right now if you didn't put your mask on me and carry me in here, or if you didn't catch me before I got sucked into space," you said to him. That made you widen your eyes a little. "Oh, wow. You saved my life twice, actually," you added with realization. "That is something you can't repay somebody for. But in trade for you saving my life, I'll get you home."

He looked at you and smiled. "You will? I mean, you don't gotta try and do that. I can... I can handle space. I'll be fine. Mr. Stark says it's a one way trip, but I'm sure we can find a way back somehow."

"I'll still put in my best effort to get you home," you told him.

He grinned widely and held up a fist to you. "Thanks," he said.

You touched your knuckles to his. "You're welcome."