I Hope They Remember You (part five) | Peter Parker (TH)

i know i keep talking about merch but i am a really big collector and i am so MAD that a large majority of iron spider merch is online exclusive! like i don't have a credit card to order things bc i don't have enough money to need one. i saved up money from my lunches at my university for iron spider merch and there isn't any in store!!! I AM STARVING FOR NOTHING

//

Waking up was painful.

You were crying the minute you were pushing yourself into consciousness. It only took a moment until a hand was in yours, fingers pressing against the inside of your wrist.

"Hey, ___," a soft voice murmured, "It's Bruce. You're okay, you're home."

You squeezed your eyes shut. "It hurts." You shook your head. "It hurts so bad."

"I have given you all the pain medications I can right now," he said, patting down your hair. "You just have to endure it."

You felt like a little kid when you started to cry as he spoke. He hushed you, smoothing your hair down.

"Hey, Stark," he called out.

A second later you felt a new pair of hands on your face and in your hair. "Hey, kiddo," your dad said gently, using his thumbs to swipe away the tears streaking down your face. "It's okay. You're home."

"No," you said. "It hurts."

"Can't you give her something?" he asked.

"She is on a lot of heavy medication, Stark," Bruce replied. "I don't get it. She should be numb on her entire side-"

"It hurts!" you cried out, arching your back off of table. "It's burning me!"

"What is?" your dad asked. "She's passing out. Banner, so help me-"

"I can't understand what it is," he said, slightly panicked. "I can't figure it out-"

"Well figure it out now!" Your dad clutched one of your hands tight in both of his. "Baby, baby... hold still, okay? Tell me where-"

"It just hurts everywhere!" you cried out. You were sobbing.

"M-Mr. Stark?" Peter's voice appeared. Your eyes peeked open and you saw him slowly shuffling into the room. "Is she okay?"

"Peter!" you screamed. "Help me!" Why wasn't your dad just helping you?

"Whoa - what's wrong with her?" he asked, voice filling with concern. "Mr. Stark?"

Bruce sounded grave when he spoke again. "There is something in her blood."

"What?"

"Whatever it was that grabbed her pierced her skin and injected something," he said. "I-I don't know what it is. I can't figure-"

"Is she going to be okay?" Peter asked.

"Her vitals are dropping-"

"No," your dad said, dread filling his voice. You felt the grip on your hand loosen, opened your eyes, and saw him staring at you like you were already dead.

Peter, on the other hand, practically threw himself to the table. He put a hand on your arm and gripped it tight. "No, no, no, no - ____, you gotta fight this, okay?"

You shook your head. "I don't think I can-"

"You gotta," he said. "You already survived it attacking you. Don't let it win now!"

"Peter," you cried, "I am so tired. I'm just a person. I don't have powers-"

"You don't need them," he said, trying to smile, "you can do this. Please. Do it for me. Fight this."

Your father looked at him with a solemn expression, tears in his dark eyes.

"I'm scared," you whispered.

"Me, too," Peter breathed back, rubbing your arm, "but you're the strongest person I know. Just fight it and hang on, okay?"

You nodded. Peter looked at Bruce. "There's gotta be something you can do," he pleaded.

"There isn't," Bruce replied. "Either she breathes through it, or it kills her."

"Oh," your dad said, falling against the table. You saw Pepper run up to him, grab his arms, and hold him. His fingers fumbled to get a good grip on your hand. "Kiddo, don't give up. Please. I can't - just... just listen to Underroos."

You looked at him and Peter found your other hand. He gave you a small smile and just held on.

Hours of agony followed. There where moments where you nearly gave up, where your heart skipped and beat and almost stopped completely, where your fingers turned purple, and where you faded out of consciousness. You came back with Peter and Tony screaming, faces so close to yours, Pepper tearfully staring at you.

You never had a stronger desire to fight for your life. In front of you were three people that cared about you enough to scream and beg for your eyes to open for minutes at a time. You couldn't die. You just couldn't.

So you fought harder than ever before. Each minute was an exhausting battle altogether, but it somehow got easier. At first, you thought it was something inside of you, some sort of strength, but then you felt it physically.

You didn't think anything of it until Peter winced when you squeezed his hand. You weren't aware you had held him tight at all.

"Ow," he said. "___-" A sickening cracking noise came out of his hand. His face went white as a sheet and he jerked his hand from yours. "Ow! Holy crap, did you just break my fingers?"

You were suddenly very aware of how strong you were. None of it made sense; you were just writhing in pain and now you had enough strength to break Peter's fingers-

But he didn't look mad. Everyone looked to Bruce for an explanation, who was staring at you. He shook his head and parted his lips.

"I don't believe it," he said, and you could sit up now. The pain was ebbing away fast.

Your fingers curled around the side of the table. It barely took a press of your fingers to bend and alter the metal underneath you.

Fear surged through your veins.

You held your hands in front of your face and then looked at Peter. "Peter?"

He looked back at you, brown eyes wide. He reached for you with his hand that wasn't bruised. He brushed the back of his fingers against your skin gently, slowly. "What happened to her?"

"That thing," Bruce said, eyebrows furrowed. "Whatever venom it injected inside of her, it gave her its powers and abilities."