Betrayed (part one) | Peter Parker (TH/AG) / Harry Osborn (JF)

peter x reader / harry osborn x reader as requested by kaisa_juulia. i'm making this a tom!peter since it wasn't specified and a james!harry because he is the only harry that matters there i said it

y'all know i'm always excited to get fan art drawn by you guys. it's SO exciting. this was done by WeirdKaylahFox and was inspired by the reader's suit in the imagine How Do You Get To Wonderland! thank you! (and if you want to use that superhero name/those powers, you can - just credit me on the story! thanks for asking :))

//

Peter knew the dangers of you dating him, and you knew them, too.

But he never actually believed that something would happen to you.

The day your parents called him in anger sparked his worry. They seemed convinced that you had stayed all night with Peter or ran away from home. Peter assured them that neither would ever happen and they finally began to grow worried for their daughter.

A few days later, they called the police and filed a missing persons report. Then posters of you popped up everywhere around Queens. You weren't the only missing person in the city, though, so your face was lost in a sea of wrinkled flyers of people that had never been found.

Peter conducted a search of his own. He was sick to his stomach thinking of someone actually hurting you. He made a list of all of his enemies and visited each one, violently interrogating them to try and get some information. But none of them had touched you. So who had taken you from your home at three o'clock in the afternoon, a time when, instead of doing your homework, you were usually napping on the couch?

There was no forced entry.

There was no struggle.

You had left voluntarily. So was it someone that you trusted?

Easily, Peter became a suspect. Even more than that, he became the suspect. Everyone speculated wildly that Peter Parker, your nerdy, quiet boyfriend, had secretly been planning to kidnap and hurt you all along. It made him sick to think about. He denied every accusation and passed every lie detector test. Still, he was blamed.

How could people think that he would hurt you? Could they not see the pictures of you and him that were posted everywhere on social media? The long, sappy posts and comments. On every selfie on your Instagram, he had commented things like: that's my gorgeous girl and wow, you're so beautiful and light of my life and yet there were news articles about how abusive he was behind the scenes. His friends could easily see that they were in love, but strangers didn't. They thought he was horrible. To them, he was the quiet, secretly insane murderer boy that you had fallen in love with.

So Peter spent most of his time as Spider-Man, trying to get to the bottom of everything.

It was mid-March. You had been missing for three weeks. He was beyond worried. He didn't remember the last time he showered or ate or slept, and he couldn't go home, because May was a mess. People hated her now, too. And he hated himself for that.

Peter went to Harry's place, knowing a talk with his friend was exactly what he needed. He knocked on the door, wearing a zipped up hoodie and a pair of sweats over his suit. Harry opened the tall door.

"Peter," he greeted. "What a surprise."

"Hey, man," Peter said, voice thick with exhaustion. "Can I come in?"

...

Peter sipped his second cup of coffee. Harry poured himself some freshly brewed tea. They both sat in front of the fireplace in silence.

"It's been three weeks," Peter said, staring into the flames.

Harry just looked at him.

"People still think I did it to her, you know," he said. His voice cracked. "They don't know... they don't know how much I love her."

Harry sighed and sipped his tea.

"Do you think I did it?" Peter mumbled, rubbing his face so he wouldn't cry.

"I don't know," Harry said. He looked at him. "No."

"You know how much I love her," Peter whispered.

"Yes," Harry said.

"I just want her to be safe."

Harry nodded thoughtfully. "I'm sure she is."

Peter scoffed, at first humored, but then disgusted. "She was taken from her home, Harry. Kidnapping victims aren't ever safe. Anything could be happening to her."

Harry stirred more sugar in his tea. "There wasn't a struggle, Peter," he said. "She left her home on her own. She wasn't held against her will. Maybe she told you she was napping but was really planning on leaving home."

"That's not like her though," Peter said. "And she never-" He paused, eyebrows furrowing. "Wait. What - how did you know she was napping?"

"I didn't."

"You just said..."

"It was in the police report," Harry said fast.

Peter shook his head. "That information wasn't publicly released." He set his cup of coffee down, feeling his spidey senses go off. He spotted the basement door that he could see a glimpse of in the hallway.

Harry's father was a psychopath.

He had kept someone in there before-

What if-

Would Harry-

Peter's best friend wouldn't-

But Peter felt it. He did.

Peter got up and ran to the door.

"Peter, don't," Harry said calmly, rising off of the chair.

But he was already kicking down the door. It fell of the hinges, barreling down the steps. Peter skipped steps at a time to get to the bottom. He ran through the lab until he saw a figure strapped to a table, unconscious.

You didn't look hurt or starved or even abused, but still, he ran to you as he would have if you were. Your hair was clean and you smelled like your normal shampoo and body wash. He undid your wrists and ankles from the table and saw that there were no burns or bruises. It was like you didn't struggle at all. It was like you had trusted Harry the entire time.

He could only assume that Harry had been feeding you lies as to where you were and why you were there. Maybe he told you that he was a prisoner, too - sticking around and acting like one when you were awake.

"___, baby," he said, leaning over the table. "Hey. Hey, I'm here. I found you. I found you." He pulled you off of the surface, your head hanging back, eyes not moving underneath your eyelids. He pulled out his cellphone and called the police. He was pretty sure Harry had fled, so Peter just stood there and cried, pressing his nose to your hair, inhaling your scent, talking through his tears, and asking for help for you.

//

there will be a part two so don't demand one