I'm All Alone (part two) | Peter Parker (TH)

double update for y'all. i'm not sure if i'll get to update tomorrow because we're throwing a birthday party for my grandma. i might late tomorrow night but who knows. also i'll have more pics of the baby tomorrow - i know it's been a long time since you've seen him here!

i really hope you guys like this series. it has a lot of doctor strange in it, and i know that most people don't like him, but i am honestly obsessed with him. i'm painting him tonight actually and it's gonna hang up on my wall bc he's my love aNYWAY

//

TO: ___ ____

FROM: Dad

SUBJECT: I'm coming home

I'm coming home soon. We can't stay in the city though. I have a place for us now - it'll be a fresh start.

Things are going to be different.

You weren't sure what to think of the email. You weren't even sure if he was coming. It had been so many months without him. He had missed Christmas, not that it mattered, because you hadn't ever had one with him before. It sort of sucked not having one at all, though.

Sure enough, he came in, but he didn't come through the door.

You were reading a book on the couch when a circle of orange sparks appeared in front of you. You nearly leaped out of your seat as the air seemed to open. Inside of the circle, you saw some wooden bookshelves and tables stacked with weird objects. 

You stood up off the couch, nearly tripping over your feet as you pressed yourself against the wall. 

Out of the circle came a man with a long red cloak. It took a second to realize that it was your father. 

"What in the-"

He looked at you and smiled. "Do you have your bags packed?"

...

a year later

You closed the dusty old book. Your dad looked up at you and smiled from the chair in the corner of the room.

"Did you finish?" he asked. 

"Yes," you sighed. You rubbed your eyes.

"The books are tiresome and long, I know. But you're already so advanced. I think you get it from your dad." He winked and you laughed. He stood up and crossed the room, brushing his hand across your shoulder. "Come on. Let's get some lunch."

"Pizza?" you asked. 

"No," he said. "Not again."

"But-"

"We had it Thursday," he said, turning and frowning at you. 

"But it's Wednesday now! We haven't had pizza for six days now..."

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. Fine. Let's see if Wong wants pizza, too."

"Yes!" you hissed. 

It was so easy to forget how miserable and lonely you were a year ago. As soon as your dad had appeared in the living room, he took you with him and taught you what they taught him. You had been living with him since then, and you felt like you had a family. It was you and him, and sometimes, his friend named Wong.

Your life was right. It was comfortable. You were now a practitioner of the mystical arts like he was. You dedicated your life to protecting the Eye of Agamotto at his side. You studied to get better, wanting to feel better about yourself and wanting to make your dad proud. 

You'd never had that opportunity before. 

...

the last day

"Here's an idea," you said, following Wong and your dad, "we pretend that I don't have to study tonight. We can watch a movie."

"You really need to study," your dad said, turning and looking at you. "I know you don't like it, but-"

"We could watch The Greatest Showman," Wong said.

Your eyes lit up. "Ooh, yes!"

Your dad gave him a look. "You are not helping me here."

Wong shrugged. "I want to watch it," he said. "I know she bought the Blu-ray."

"I did!"

"No, you need to-"

A loud crash made you jump and gasp. Your dad whipped around, his arm going out to hold you back behind him as the roof caved in and broke. Something huge fell all the way through and hit the ground. It broke through that, too.

"What in the world was that?" you asked, waving dust from your face. 

He pushed you back gently. "Stay back," he ordered, voice soft. 

"What was it?" you asked, looking up at the side of his face. 

He and Wong slowly approached the now gaping hole in the middle of the floor. 

At the bottom of it was a man, skin turning from green to white. He laid in the middle of a mound of concrete, gasping panicked breaths. His wild eyes looked from Stephen to Wong. 

"Thanos is coming," he gasped. 

Your dad looked at Wong, then turned and looked at you. You weren't sure why, but you felt a little sick by the look on his face.

...

You discovered that there were things that your dad never told you. He never told you about the six infinity stones that existed in the universe, or the powerful being named Thanos.

"He's the most powerful being in existence right now," he said, staring at the ground. He held up his hands and they were shaking. He dropped them, looking aggravated. "This... this isn't going to end well. It isn't..." He sighed, pinched the bridge of his nose, and then turned towards you.

"Tell me what is going to happen," you said. 

"I don't know," he replied. 

"You can though," you said. "You can look into the future, can't you? We can see how to beat this before it gets bad."

"Maybe," he said. He stepped close to you. "Maybe we can, but... look, I didn't teach you these things so you could go to war."

You stared at him. He wasn't saying what he meant to say; but you knew. "No," you said, voice strong. "I'm not leaving. I'm following you. No matter where you go, I'll follow."

He shook his head. "Please, just listen to me."

"No," you snapped. "I'm not listening to you. I can fight. I am the youngest woman trained in the mystic arts, I can handle myself. I can't sit back and pretend that I can't help out. Think of all those people out there. They don't know what is going to happen, and when it does, they can't stop it. I have the power to help."

"I don't want to get between this or anything," Bruce, the man that fell through the ceiling and claimed he did so from space, said. He walked in between you. "I know that this is scary and shocking or whatever, but the entire universe is in jeopardy. I know who we need to find, and we need to find him now."

You looked back up at your father. "Please," you said. "Let me help." He raised his eyes and stared at you, looking torn. You sighed and stepped closer. "Please, Dad."

You knew you had him, because he never could say no when you called him dad.