I Hope They Remember You (part twenty-nine) | Peter Parker (TH)

final part will be out tomorrow! then there will be no more updates until Friday night. hope y'all liked this series! can't wait to read your feedback from the previous 3 chapters on Friday!

2.5 DAYS UNTIL I CAN SEE INFINITY WAR!

5 DAYS UNTIL I CAN SEE INFINITY WAR!

//

Heading back home, Peter never left your side. At times he worried about becoming overbearing, but then he would worry that if he was too far away for too long, you would resent him.

But how could you resent the boy that you had prayed for, waited for, and then fought for? How could you resent the one person that risked his life to save yours? That turned back time to bring you back to him?

You couldn't. You couldn't even stand the thought.

He must have said I love you fifty times on the plane home. Over and over again, as his hand held yours or he kissed your head or leaned against you, he said it, reminding you again and again what you meant to him. Every time, you would say it back, because chances like this were precious. You didn't know how long you had with somebody.

The entire way home, Rhodey would glance at you both and smile warmly.

You were eager for the plane to touch down. You wanted to see Happy and Pepper. You needed to see them.

Peter called them and videochatted with them to tell them the news. He didn't want them to find out when only you got off the plane. That would be more than you could handle.

When the plane landed and you got off, Peter pulling your luggage for you, you looked for Pepper. You searched for her head of bright orange hair, eager to see her, to hug her, to cry with her.

"___," you heard her call, and turning around you saw her, tissue balled up in her hand, eyes red, but lips curled upward into a smile.

You grinned through your tears and ran to her, throwing your arms around her and burying your face in her neck. She wasn't your mom, but she was the closest you had to a parent.

"I am so sorry, sweetie," she said.

"I'm sorry, too," you said, thinking of the wedding they had planned for next summer.

She shook her head. "I love you. I love you and I loved him so much. You know that, don't you?"

"Yes," you said. "Yes, I know."

She kissed your cheek and held you out at arm's length. "I am so glad you're home," she said. "I felt like I had lost you for a while there. I can't explain it."

Peter walked over slowly, lips pressed into a tight smile as he rolled the luggage over.

"Happy has a car waiting-" Pepper started.

"Kid! ___!" Happy ran forward, race red. He stopped when he got to you and embraced you tightly, opening his arms to pull Peter in, too. "I couldn't wait at the car. I had to see you." He looked at you and his eyes were red like Pepper's. "You okay, kiddo?"

"I'm fine," you said.

"She's a trooper," Rhodey said, still walking with a slight limp. "Strong like her dad."

You smiled warmly.

Without speaking another word, Pepper, Peter, Happy, Rhodey, and you all embraced one another, trying to fill the space that would forever remain empty. No one could replace your dad, but your family was enough to get you through the process of accepting it.

...

Going back home was hard. Realizing the entirety of Stark Industries was yours now was hard. Knowing the Avengers were yours now was hard.

Being without your dad was the hardest.

You were never alone. You had Natasha, Stephen, Wanda, Bruce, Rhodey, Pepper, Sam, and Happy with you and the Guardians not so far away. Bucky stayed in Wakanda with Shuri and T'Challa, but he promised he wasn't far if you needed someone.

Most of all, you had Peter. Peter, who had saved you and went through everything to get you back. Along with your dad, he was the bravest guy you knew. And now you had a life to spend with him.

The company was signed over to you. The head of it went from Tony Stark to ___ Stark. The head of the Avengers went to ___ Stark, who wasn't even an Avenger, but so loved by her family that she was asked to do it anyway.

You gladly took the position. You took it for your dad, who always tried to convince you that you had potential, that you were beyond extraordinary. You never listened before, but you did now.

...

"Guess neither of us are in the not-Avengers club," Peter said, sitting with you on the couch.

You laughed. "Yeah, guess not."

"You okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine," you said. "Tired."

"Yeah," he said. He stroked his thumb across the back of your hand. "Your first week of all of this. It's exhausting, I know, but you can do it."

"Because of you," you said. "So long as you're here, I can do it."

He shook his head. "You can do anything. Without me."

"Without you, I wouldn't be alive," you reminded him, smiling. "Peter, you saved my life. You're the only person that would have been brave enough to do that."

"Your dad tried to," he said. "And Steve would've."

"Yeah," you agreed, looking away, "but you did it, Pete. I can't thank you enough for the life you're giving me."

He kissed you. "Now we figure out how to heal you."

"Oh, yeah," you said, sitting back. You blinked. You had gotten so used to your strength and the sudden feelings of being weak that you'd forgotten about the venom at all. "I guess that is a priority." 

"It's the top priority," he said. "Uh, actually... Bruce and I are working together. We got some information from Gamora and... and we are working it out."

"Yeah?" 

"Yeah," he said. He smiled lovingly at you. "I'm going to save you, ___."

You just leaned into him, pushing your head under his chin. 

...

four weeks later

"You're going to feel the slightest sting," Bruce said. A needle was pushed into your neck. You hissed loudly, reaching out and grabbing Peter's hand tight. He squeezed back. 

"A little?" you asked, wincing. 

"Sorry," Bruce said, smiling. "I guess I underestimated the pain." He pulled the needle out and pressed a square of an antibacterial wipe against your skin. Peter kissed the top of your head. "So you'll get tired for a bit, and in about twenty-four hours, you should wake up and feel pretty drained. You're not weaker than we are, though; you're getting your human strength back."

"You're sure this is it?" you asked. "I'll be fine after this?"

"Peter and I worked weeks on this," he said. "It'll work. The kid made sure it would."

You looked up at him and smiled. You leaned in and kissed him, so beyond grateful for him. 

He had changed your life in a matter of days. 

And wow, were you grateful.