Letters (part two) | Ned Leeds

part two as requested by y'all

more comic book references

//

Ned,

You were right. I was crying and blushing and smiling all at once while reading it. I knew you were romantic, but I didn't know you had it in you to write me a love letter.

I am so eager to marry you today. I can't wait to see you and be with you every day for forever.

I have forgiven you already, babe, so nothing needs to be apologized for. Nothing needs to be kept silent and dark because it's over and we are fine now. I'm not sad because of our past. I am hopeful for our future.

We both have made mistakes. You're not alone, even though you make me out to be perfect in comparison to you. You are my kind of perfect and I am yours. Whatever you're afraid of people thinking (because I KNOW you're afraid of what people will think when I marry you), it doesn't matter. All that matters is you and I.

Berlin is in the past. Kingsley is in the past. Everything that happened before is in the past and all that matters is how we are restarting today.

Tomorrow we still start our day as husband and wife. It'll be you and me forever and ever now, babe. Until death do us part (which is not scary. Sure, I wish I could have you forever, but not being able to just makes every moment more precious).

In a few hours we will be married and then have years of Star Wars marathons, Lego sets to build (it's the cutest thing in the world that that is still your hobby), and babies to raise. I can only imagine the Star Wars names our kids will have. Luke and Han if we ever have boys. Maybe Ben, if you let me (Not Obi Wan Kenobi Ben, but Kylo Ren Ben. I know, I know... it'll mean our kid will throw tantrums).

But imagine all our baby girls and their names. Leia, Padme, Jyn, Rey, Ahsoka... and imagine how cute they'll be!!!

Anyway, May wants to fix my lipstick and mascara. I cried all of my makeup off when reading your letter. It was just too much.

This is much shorter than I wanted it to be but May is practically prying my fingers off of the pen. I'll be handing this piece of paper to Peter now and have him deliver it.

I love you, babe. So so so much.

Forever yours, your future wife,

(an even nearer future)

___

Ned lowered the paper and folded it. He creased is carefully. Peter stood off to his side, fixing his hair.

"I don't know what I'm doing," Peter admitted, tugging on Ned's hair a little too hard. "Oops. Sorry."

"It's fine," he said, waving his hand. "Just leave it, man. How much longer have we got?"

"About an hour," he said. He slapped Ned's shoulder gently. "You ready man?"

"So ready," he breathed. "I love her so much, dude. She's... she's just more than I ever thought I would need."

"I know," he said. "I'm so happy for you guys. My best friends are getting married. That's awesome." He grinned.

There was a knock against the open door. In stepped May, dressed in a light purple gown. Her hair was twisted up at the side, a few locks hanging loose down her neck.

"Hey, boys, almost time," she said. "We'll be seating all of the guests in about ten minutes and then all the groomsmen need to be getting in here." She looked around the room. "Where's Flash?"

"He was finishing up his hair," Peter said, jerking his thumb towards the bathroom. He'll be out soon. "Harry is in there, too."

"Well, they need to hurry it up." She walked over to Ned and started to fix his hair. "How are you feeling, Ned, sweetie?"

"Excited," he said. "Impatient. How is she?"

"She's great," she said, smiling wide. "She's almost ready. And she looks so pretty, Ned. She is gorgeous."

"She always is," he said.

May put her hand on her heart and sighed. "Oh. It is so sweet, the things you say about her. You two are going to be very happy."

"I know we are," he said. "I can't wait. Is she nervous?"

"I'm sure she is," she said. "But she's too excited to complain." She finished his hair and stepped back. "There. So handsome! Okay. I'll go seat the guests, you two finish up. Flash Thompson and Harry Osborn, you two better hurry it up!"

The bathroom door opened. With a puff of hair spray coming out of the doorway, Harry rolled Flash out in his wheelchair. Flash smirked and Peter rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, Parker, Leeds," he said. "I had to make sure I looked good."

"It's not your wedding day," Peter replied, shaking his head.

"Nah, but what if ___ has a hot cousin? Or what if she knows Black Widow? Think these things through, man."

Peter rolled his eyes again.

May smacked her hands together. "Okay, okay, enough, you two. It's time to get ready!"

...

Ned stood at the front of the room. The preacher was behind him and Peter to his left. All around him were fragrant flowers and gold ribbons. Family smiled at him and snapped pictures.

And then the music started.

In came the bridesmaids and the maid of honor, Michelle. Liz, Betty, and Cindy all followed. The flower girls came in, one being Ned's cousin and the other being yours. They decorated the floor with rose gold petals.

And then the music changed, and you appeared.

Ned couldn't believe that he was really standing there seeing you walk towards him. Right away, his eyes filled with tears. All of his friends were grinning at the sight of their two friends and the love they very clearly shared.

Ned was holding out his hand long before you got up to the front. People laughed and Ned blushed.

You took his hand and stepped in front of him.

"Hi," he whispered.

"Hi."

"You look so pretty, baby," he said, voice strained.

You smiled and squeezed his hand. "Are you ready?"

"For this? For you?" He grinned. "Always."

//

double upload later maybe if y'all want it