I Hope They Remember You (part four) | Peter Parker (TH)

do you ever just cry because you're a broke college student and this

exists :(

//

The pain was blinding.

You fell to your knees, screaming against the white hot pain up your neck and down your arm. You were too scared to look. The rocks underneath you dug into the soft flesh of your palms as you tried so hard to flatten yourself into an unreachable place on the ground.

It pulled up and let out an inhuman scream. You were lifted off of the ground. The fluttering of wings was followed by the harsh bite of something against your neck. You screeched, fighting harder than ever before. Whatever was latched onto you released a red hot venom into your skin.

You were burning everywhere.

Somehow, you managed to get free of its talons and fell on your face. It roared, flapping after you. You managed to get up and run. Turning your head, you saw its horrific form nearing you.

You tried to run faster, to get to your dad, but the pain-

Just as it let out another wailing noise and came close to you, its claws scraping your back, you were picked up off of the ground. You scrambled, trying so hard to get it to drop you- 

But there wasn't any pain.

You were suddenly in the air, soaring far above the chaos below. Your arm that wasn't bleeding clutched the neck of who had saved you.

Peter.

He was wearing a brand new suit that felt similar to your father's. He held you close to him, the cold iron on your hurt arm. You started to cry.

"Holy crap, you're bleeding so bad," he said. His voice cracked. "Don't die on me, okay? Don't die."

"I can't promise anything," you tried to say, but you were crying.

You looked back down at the road. Seeing the creature come back around towards you made you clutch Peter a little tighter. You started to cry.

"Peter, Peter - it's coming!" you cried.

He turned his head and cursed. The thing was fast and mad. It had claimed you and didn't want you to get away. And Peter was trying to take you right from it-

Peter swung around, looping around the thing fast. Your head spun with the fast movement.

The web he had in his hand snapped and he shot out another, hitting the side of a taller building. He kept taking different paths, zig-zagging his way to confuse it.

But the thing wasn't an animal. Whatever it was, it was smart. It roared and screeched and turned so fast it hit you and Peter, its claws meeting his armor, not piercing his flesh, but throwing Peter off track and off balance.

He dropped you and you both hit the sidewalk hard, rolling several feet away from each other. Peter flipped over on his stomach, palms pressing against the ground. He lifted himself up as he saw that creature land flat on you, digging into your shoulder again.

Your cheek pressed against the ground and you let out a blood-curdling scream, eyes squeezed shut.

Peter didn't hesitate to launch himself off of the ground. He dangerously threw himself forward, tackling the thing. You were left alone on the ground, breathing heavily, weakly turning your head to see one of the talons pierce through Peter's suit. He cursed loudly.

"Peter!" you choked, and he looked up at you.

"Hang on," he called. "I-I'm not used to this stupid-awesome suit!"

You tried to get up. With shaky limbs, you pulled up onto your hands and knees - and felt someone's arms wrap around you.

"I got you now," Peter gasped. "You're okay. You're okay. Jeez... the blood. I'm getting you to your dad now, okay?"

You faded out of consciousness as he picked you up and took you into the air. You opened your eyes as you heard the soft thud of his feet against the pavement.

Across the street were your dad and two men you had never seen before. One had his hand held up and shapes coming out of his palms, directed to something behind you.

Your dad flew past him, hand out, attacking whatever it was. Peter hit the ground and held you close, his chest heaving and his throat making noises that was a mix of pain and fear.

"Kid, kid-"

"Mr. Stark," Peter croaked, "I'm sorry. He got her, she's hurt, I'm sorry-"

"Let me see her, kid," your dad said, calm as ever. Peter opened his arms and you felt the warm, white sun meet your face. Your dad pulled you into his hard chest and you opened your eyes a little, seeing his face, so pale with concern. "Hey, kiddo. Talk to me, sweetheart."

"I-I tried to run," you said. You started to cry again, feeling so grateful to be alive, so sorry for hurting Peter and scaring your dad and all of those people dying in front of you, in front of their kids, parents, spouses...

"I tried to. I wanted to help."

"I know," he murmured. "Okay. Hang tight. I'm going to get you help."

You winced and groaned as he stood and jostled you. "Wait - Dad... where is Peter-" You gripped his bicep. "Peter," you tried to call out.

"Uh, Underoos?" your dad called over his shoulder. "She's asking for you, kid..."

"Hey, uh, I-I'm here," he said. When he spoke again, he was near your head. You were too tired to open your eyes and look at him now, but you tried until he stopped you. "Hey. I'm... I'm right here, ___." You felt his hand touch your hand. Weakly, you flipped your palm upward and gripped his fingers.

"Don't leave me, 'kay, Pete?" you asked.

"Okay," he said. "I-I won't. I'll be right next to you."

"Okay," you breathed out in relief. His hand left yours, but you knew he was right there. "Okay."

If your dad took off, you weren't aware. It only took seconds before you stopped feeling anything at all.