Part 37

Part 37

After my breakfast, I spend a great deal of the morning just wandering the garden, appreciating its beauty, and remembering the solace we had found here. I also reflect back on the memories that were made in this house, the good and the bad.  I know every relationship has their highs and lows, and Prince was difficult to say the least, but as I look back on our time together, I decide wouldn't have had it any other way. 

By mid morning I'm stifling yawns and feeling melancholy, so I head back upstairs to take a thirty minute nap.  I rationalize the nap by telling myself that I need this day of rest, I have to keep in mind that I could still jeopardize the health of our baby by pushing myself too hard.  

After the nap, I wake feeling restless, knowing that I want to leave early tomorrow, I pull on some blue jeans and a T-shirt, I've got work to do, there are things packed in the totes out in the garage that could now be left here, like Prince's computer.  On my way to the garage I cringe, I haven't called Angel in a couple days, and I know she's got to be worried.  I figure I'll multitask as I go through the totes, so I pop in the phone's earbuds and dial her number, slipping the phone into my back pocket so I'll be hands free.

Angel doesn't answer with a hello, "It's about damn time!  Where are you?!"

I grimace, I'm sure she thinks I'm driving, "Minnesota," I say gently as I lift the lid off the first tote.  The line is silent, I pull my phone out of my pocket to see if the call was dropped, the call timer ticks away, "Angel?"

"Minnesota?"  she makes it sound dirty. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I should've called you yesterday," I lay my torso over the tote, not touching it's contents until I know if I've been forgiven.  

I hear her sigh, "Okay, so what's going on?" she breathes exasperatedly.  

I fill her in about the houses, the furniture shopping, the day of preparing the other house and the whole mini move that happened these past two days, ending with, "I needed today to rest a bit."

"I'd say, I'm exhausted just hearing about it.  How are you feeling?" I can tell from her tone of voice that I have been forgiven for not calling sooner. 

I contemplate telling her about the spell I had this morning, but knowing she'll worry, I just say, "Tired," which is true.  "I'm just taking a few more things over to the other house today," I tell her as I'm opening the fourth tote.  My eyes light up, this tote is filled with things I wanted to keep from the Tennessee house, nick-knacks, trinkets, and wall hangings I had taken to give Angel the ability to have her own style at the house while she was there.  These items will make that other house feel more like home, and I won't have to bring all this stuff back to Tennessee with me after all.

"Okay, well you just take it easy, okay?" Angel's voice asks me in my ear.

"I will, Angel," I say, knowing the look she would be giving me if she were here to see what I was contemplating doing next.   "I'll call you around lunchtime tomorrow to tell you where I'm at."

"You'd better," she does her best to sound intimidating, but she punctuates her threat with a laugh.   I disconnect the call and load the totes with my personal items into the back of the car, along with the things I had pulled out of the other totes already.  I am grateful for this last minute discovery, this will lighten my load home. I go upstairs to gather my purse and keys so I can drop this stuff and get back to get some more rest.  

With travel time, setting up Prince's computer, and hauling the totes into the new place, I'm back to our house in just over two hours.  After grabbing a late lunch, I load the remaining totes that mostly contain Prince's things, and the stash of money, into the cargo area.  I make one more pass through the house before I head back out to the garden to enjoy the remainder of the day.