Part 5

We watch the remainder of the show and we return to the hotel room, Marcus and Angel respect the fact that I don't want to discuss what was said in Prince's dressing room. I don't even change out of my dress before I crawl into the bed, and I can barely hear Angel and Marcus's hushed and worried discussion about my wellbeing as I drift off to sleep.

Morning comes, but a phone call from Prince does not. So, when Angel suggests we go down for the free continental breakfast, I decline, "Could you grab me some dry toast or a bagel? I'm going to take a shower."

After I have showered and changed, I step out of the bathroom to see Angel and Marcus both looking stricken, they're staring at the television.

"Dana?" Angel's pretty face is drawn with worry. When I come around to see what's so awful, there is a report that Prince's plane had to make an emergency landing on its way back to Minnesota this morning. The report goes on to say he was treated at the hospital for dehydration and was released within hours of his arrival.

My stomach flips again, "I'll call Paisley when I get home, but I doubt he'll talk to me."

Nothing else is said and the television gets clicked off. I wrap the bagel that Angel brought me, tucking it into my purse. We gather our things and began the three hour drive home.

I try calling Paisley as soon as we walk in my door, a machine answers, so I leave a message: "Prince, it's Dana. I just saw the news and wanted to see if you were okay. Call me, please."

Marcus and Angel hesitate before leaving, but I insist I'll be fine, and that I'll call them when, and if, I hear back from Prince.

The next day I get a phone call from a Chanhassen number, my heart stops as I fumble to answer it, "Hello? Prince?"

"Hey," he sounds good.

"Hey! How are you? Are you okay?" I rush out my words.

"Sugar, I'm fine, don't listen to that garbage," he sounds like himself, so I breathe a sigh of relief.

"I was so scared when I heard that news report, but I really am glad you're okay," I confess.

He chuckles, "I'm fine, don't worry about me. Just remember that you promised me, that you'll take care of yourself."

I frown, wondering what that has to do with anything, "Yeah, I will."

"Sugar, I gotta let you go. As you can imagine it's been crazy here since that news report, but I just wanted to let you know I'm okay. Take care, Baby. Bye."

"Bye," I hang up feeling so much better now that I got to talk to him and hear his voice.

I call Angel right away to let her know all is well, she too, is relieved.