Part 51

The next morning I wake feeling more uncomfortable and with even more pain in my back.  According to the pregnancy reading I had done, I'm pretty sure this is how I'm supposed to be feeling, so I try not to be worried.  I roll over and glance at my digital clock, it's just past eight o'clock, and the date below the time on the display taunts me, but deep down, I know the sigma that I have in my mind about the number thirteen is illogical.  Rolling back over, I close my eyes, since I deem it too early for me to get up.  When I find I can't manage to find a comfortable position, I give up, throwing the covers back in frustration, as I struggle to get to the edge of the bed and into a sitting position.  Once I'm able to stand and start around the end of the bed, I catch the clocks reflection in the mirror of my dresser, this causes me to stop in my tracks and stare. Oh, my, God, you've got to be kidding?!  I think. It's backwards, but there it is, plain as day:  31-21. 

A stomach cramp causes me to rush to the bathroom, I make it to the toilet just in the nick of time to have a very loose bowel movement

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

A stomach cramp causes me to rush to the bathroom, I make it to the toilet just in the nick of time to have a very loose bowel movement. "Great," I mutter, "anything else to make me more miserable?" As soon as the words are out of my mouth, I regret them as another wave hits. I hang out in the bathroom for a little bit, waiting to see if this little bout of whatever has ran its course before pulling on my robe and heading down the hallway.  When I step into the kitchen, Tyka smiles up at me from the newspaper she's reading, "Good morning."

I let out a soft chuckle, "Well, it's morning,"  I say as I pour myself a cup of coffee.  "I hope you slept better than I did."

"Like a rock," she grins, her face radiant with excitement. 

I examine her expression as I sit down across from her at the table, "Am I safe to assume you had another dream?"  She nods excitedly, causing me to laugh under my breath.  Tyka respects that I wake slowly and allows me to drink my first coffee quietly, but when I stand up to get my second cup, she offers to take me out for breakfast.  I grimace when look at her, "That might not be such a good idea," and I go on to explain that I had a little 'potty issue' shortly after I woke up.  Instead we throw together a decent breakfast with the groceries I had bought in anticipation to her visit. 

As anticipated, eating causes more bathroom trips and slowly my degree of back pain rises. Pretty soon no position I try to get into is comfortable. First, I try to lay down on the sofa, then sit in my favorite chair, but no matter how many ways I arrange the pillows, the achiness increases.  "Have you tried to check yourself?" Tyka asks as I bend at the waist while holding onto the back of a chair. 

I nod, as I breathe through the ache that's starting to radiate around my middle.  "Yeah," I say, I'm still not confident in my ability to check, "it feels..." I struggle for a word, "softer, I guess."  My face scrunched as I try to think of a better description, "Maybe more yielding, I can spread my fingers a little bit more than I could before."

Tyka is calm as she slowly gets up, she moves to stand beside me and starts massaging my low back. "I think we may need to call your doctor, and then Angel," she says soothing voice. 

I go ahead and call the doctor's office, leaving a message with the nurse.  Not ten minutes later, she returns the call.  "I think it's safe to say it sounds like you're starting active labor, but we don't want you there too early," she warns. 

"Would it be okay if we head that way, just in case?" I ask, feeling the need to be closer to the hospital than I am now.  "It's not exactly like I'm doing anything but pacing right now, anyhow," I say softly into the phone. 

"That would be fine," the nurse remains calm, "I'll have her call you back after her next appointment to see how things are progressing."

Tyka, who's been standing next to me listening, looks ready to roll.  "I have to call Angel," I tell her when she picks up her purse.

"I think you might want to call from the car.  Come on," she urges, "I'm driving."

A flashback of Prince taking control enters my mind as I look at the determined expression on her face, I nod in resignation.  I had already slipped on some yoga pants and an oversized sweatshirt earlier, so I go get my tennis shoes on, grabbing my purse and overnight bag on the way.   Tyka is already standing in the doorway that leads to the garage when I come back into the kitchen. 

I stop in the mid closing of the kitchen door when she heads for her rental car.  "Tyka, the infant carrier is in my car."

"Trust me," she says calmly with a smile before settling into the driver's seat.   I quickly grab the garage door remote from my car, put my bag in the backseat then climb in as the door raises. Once I've directed her through a couple side streets, and we're well on our way, Tyka says, "Call Angel," in a controlled voice.

When I call Angel, she goes into full panic mode, "Oh, my, God.  Oh, my, God.  Okay.  Okay," there's a pause as she sucks in air.  "I got to call my mom, Derik's at school," she thinks aloud, "Marcus is at work, so I have to call him, too."

"Angel, we're headed that way, I'm not going straight to the hospital, yet," I croak out as pain radiates around my middle.  Tyka glances my way with a look counters my words.   "Don't rush, and calm down, you're pregnant, too, remember.  Just head that way safely, please."

"Okay," she breathes.  "I'll call you when I get close."

Thirty minutes later as we are nearing the area of the hospital, I finally admit to the fact that I'm having actual contractions.  My need to pace is overwhelming as is sit trapped in the moving vehicle. After another call from the doctor, and her listening to my detailed accounts, she tells me she's cleared the rest of her appointments for the day and she is on her way.  Tyka, still calm, is no longer needing my direction as she now follows the blue hospital signs. 

I text Angel:  just head to the hospital.

My LOVE is Forever (Book 4-1st Alternate Ending)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें