4: Like Father, Like Son?

(Yoongi POV)

I had begun to doze off in the brown leather recliner in the corner of the room. The nurse had just left a few minutes ago. She'd come in to draw blood, amongst other things. With my arms now feeling extremely sore, I wanted nothing more than to curl up and sleep, to forget I was now in my own personal hell.

The loud bang of the door slamming open and hitting the wall pulled me harshly from my nap. I stood immedietly, rubbing my tired eyes as I tried to focus on who stood at the door.

It was father. And mother stood right next to him, a large bag in her thin hands.

Father looked furious. His eyes were wide, his lips pursed into a thin line and his face red. He pushed the door closed again, stepping towards me with narrowed eyes. I clenched my jaw, my feet planted firmly on the floor.

"You..." Father said hoarsely, his words dripping with hatred, "You are a piece of shit, you know that?" He scoffed, shaking his head as he stood directly in front of me.

"How can a weak fucker like you be my son? Look at you..." He shoved my shoulder roughly, causing me to stumble backwards a few steps, "..All cozy here in this filthy place. What, did you forget you have work to do? Huh?" Another shove.

"He's sick, didn't you hear what the doctor said?" Mother spoke up from where she was standing near the door, tears running down her cheeks. How it hurt to see her cry...

"Sick? He's not sick." Father laughed darkly, his gaze burning into mine. "The heir of Min-Aco shouldn't get 'sick.' He just wanted some time off, right? Like the lazy, irresponsible burden he is." Father spoke coldly, turning away from me.

"You think I chose to be here?" I clenched my fists, speaking through gritted teeth. "You really think I chose to get cancer!?" I raised my voice then, stepping forward once more.

"Cancer my ass!" Father yelled now, his finger roughly poking my chest, "You are a lying bastard. Your brother would've never done this. If I was already consider making him the next CEO, then now it's official. Because you...you truly are a disappointment!"

"A liar huh?" I couldn't help but chuckle, shaking my head before I yelled back. "If I'm a liar, then what are you!? A psychopath!? A theif?! A scammer?!"

I closed my eyes before his hand made contact with my cheek. However, the sound echoed throughout the room. It stung, but my own anger made the pain quickly fade.

"Don't you ever disrespect me like that again." I didn't dare look, but I could hear the scowl in Father's voice. I could also hear mother's quiet sobs.

I didn't look up when I heard his footsteps heading to the door. It opened, and both he and my mother promptly left, the door clicking closed behind them. I looked up then, at the once again empty room. The bag my mother had been carrying now sat abandoned on the floor.

My knees felt weak now. I held onto the edge of the bed before they gave out on me, and I plopped down with a small huff.

A disappointment. That's what he'd said. That's all I was to him now. As much as I hated him...it bothered me. Much more than it should have. The thought of my brother running the company was a nightmare...that kid didn't need such a heavy burden...

If it's the last thing I do...I'll make sure my brother isn't bound to such a life-sucking company...I'd rather it be me stuck there than him...not for the money, or the fame, but for him. So he could live as he pleased.

Since we were kids, he'd told me all of his dreams. And none of them included being tied down for the rest of his life.

I don't know when the tears started, but I saw when they slid from my cheek and onto the tile floor. I didn't have the strength to move, much less get up. In fact, the world seemed to be going a little dark, my mind becoming quite foggy, and dizzy. I slumped over, my head hitting the tiles in a not so soft way. Damn this disease. Damn my father...damn it all...

The last thing I saw before I lost consciousness were the smiling faces of my mother, little brother and Kirang.

A/N: Book Trailer now located in "Author's Note"!