52: Sooyoung

(3rd Person POV)

"...What?" Hoseok stood dumbfounded, staring blanky at Doctor Jiwon, "That can't be right, he has no fam--I mean, he isn't Jimin."

The young doctor removed his glasses, sighing softly as he shook his head, "Please, stop lying...I don't know what happened, or why you feel the need to lie...but I know that boy I'm treating is Jimin."

"Why do you sound so sure? Who exactly are you?" Hoseok stared at the doctor suspiciously, his hand on his gun in a ready stance.

"I already told you, I looked up medical records..." Dr. Jiwon met Hoseok's gaze. His eyes were clear, sincere. Like Jimin's...

"When Jimin was nine, maybe ten, our father took him far, far away. And we never saw him again. I've been looking endlessly, even if dad told me he was dead, I didn't believe him. And now..." Dr. Jiwon's eyes seemed to glisten as tears began to form, a small smile upon his lips, "I know he's alive, and he happened to come here, straight to me...look, I have pictures of us!"

The doctor quickly moved behind his desk, shuffling through his drawer before pulling out a photo. He held it out to Hoseok, who took it slowly. Sure enough, it was an old photo of two boys, one younger than the other. The younger one had a bright smile that made his eyes disappear, chubby cheeks, and a round face. It was Jimin. There was a girl in the photo as well, but Hoseok ignored her.

"Why...are you insisting on calling him Sooyoung? How sick is Jimin...?" Dr. Jiwon asked curiously. Hoseok tilted his head, unsure of how to explain or answer his question.

"It's...a long story. But you said you had his record, no? Don't you know?" Hoseok removed his hand from the gun.

"I'm not his official doctor...I don't have access to the full records..." Jiwon shrugged. The more Hoseok observed, the more similarities he found between the doctor and Jimin. They were both rather small, and timid.

"Shouldn't you have taken Jimin to his normal hospital, Seoul Central? Why did you bring him here? I have so many questions..." Jiwon slipped his hands into the pockets of his white coat.

"He can't go back there...and no one can know he's here. Don't use his real name, he's Sooyoung now." Hoseok watched as Jiwon tilted his head in confusion.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand. Why...?"

"Jimin...Sooyoung, got involved with very bad people. I brought him to Busan for safety. But like I said, no one, and I mean no one, can know we're here. I'll explain later, but right now, I need to see him. There's a lot to talk about." Hoseok's tone was serious.

Jiwon led the way down a hallway. They stopped at a room near the end.

"He won't remember you." Hoseok said suddenly, taking the doctor by surprise, "He...he doesn't remember his childhood. If you don't mind, I think it's best for me to talk to him first, alone."

"Yeah, sure whatever you need...I'll wait. " Jiwon nodded, he waited until Hoseok was inside the room before leaving.

The hospital room was quiet, and dark except for a fluorescent light above the bed in the middle of the room. Hoseok walked as quietly as he could as not to wake the boy sleeping in the bed.

Jimin had a bandage wrapped around his head, his arm was in a sling. He wasn't fully laying down, his bed was inclined just slightly.

He was sleeping so peacefully, Hoseok didn't want to wake him. Poor kid had been through so much.

"I'm sorry, Jimin..." Hoseok's voice was soft as laid his hand lightly on Jimin's head, "We'll start fresh here in Busan..."

Since Jimin was sleeping, Hoseok decided now would be the best time to talk with Jiwon. He didn't bother to knock as he entered the office, the doctor didn't even seem bothered. He was sitting at his desk, staring intently at a photo.