39: Ruined

(3rd Person POV)

Earlier
"I saw Yoongi while I was out." Kirang announced as she sat in the lounge of the Min's house, "He's definitely not sick."

"Oh? Did you talk to him?" Mr. Min, who had been standing, took a seat.

"Yes, I made him feel guilty for abandoning his poor, pregnant fiancé." Kirang grinned, shrugging, "I just made some crap up about how hard it is to be pregnant."

Mr. Min laughed, "Very good. We should call him over, to really mess with him. Maybe he'll accept an earlier wedding date, especially if we threaten his little brother a little more. The company isn't gonna build itself, you know. "

Jungkook was hiding around a corner, listening to their conversation. His big, innocent eyes were wide, taking in every word.

Yoongi arrived not long afterwards, his brown hair messy as if he'd just woken up. He'd recieved his father's call while he was still at the apartment. He ignored it. Eventually, he recieved another call from Kirang while he was back at the hospital, talking to Jin. Whatever Jin had been saying, Yoongi captured none of it. He had given Jimin a quick kiss and then left.

Yoongi walked into the house now, his ring hidden on a chain around his neck and tucked inside his shirt. His arms were full of bags, Kirang had instructed him to buy foods she was craving. And he did. Not so much for her, but for his son.

The house was empty, quiet. Yoongi set the bags down in the kitchen before walking out into the lounge.

"I'm here." He called out. No response. He narrrowed his eyes, sighing heavily as he muttered under his breath, "if no one was gonna be here then why the fuck did they call me? I have better things to do."

Finally, he heard faint laughter coming from upstairs. Yoongi followed the sound, stopping at a room with the door open. He peeked inside. Kirang was there, along with his parents and Jungkook. Jungkook was reading an instruction manuel out loud, his father on the floor assembling something. Kirang and his mother were standing over a box, pulling out various pieces of light blue baby clothes. They were building a baby's nursery. His baby's nursery.

The scene in front of him made Yoongi feel, almost sad. This was his baby, and yet he was excluded from the planning, the building. He walked into the room quietly, all eyes turning to him.

"I'm here." Yoongi said softly, his eyes darting around the room.

"Oh, Yoongi. I'm so glad you're here. We were just fixing up the nursery. " His mother smiled and walked over to him, hugging him gently.

"Yeah, I see that. Looks like I missed a lot." Yoongi frowned as he looked around.

"Oh!" Kirang suddenly exclaimed, making everyone in the room look towards her. Her hands were on the small bump on her abdomen, "He's kicking!"

Yoongi's mother was at her side immediatly, her hands pressed to Kirang's belly. They smiled and laughed in awe.. Yoongi just stared blankly. He felt lost, disoriented. Like this wasn't his life.

"Yoongi." Kirang said from across the room. Yoongi looked at her.

"Would you like to feel your son?" She asked softly, holding her hand out for him.

Yoongi moved towards her without thinking, his own hand stretched out. When their hands met, Kirang placed his hand on her belly. Yoongi's eyes widened as he felt the soft movement beneath his hand. He didn't usually smile around Kirang anymore, but right now, he was smiling brightly.

Jungkook watched the couple, smiling and laughing as they felt their child move. Yoongi looked happy, both his hands on Kirang's bump.

"Jimin doesn't deserve this" Jungkook thought to himself as he watched them, "Yoongi, why would you hurt Jimin this way? I have to tell him. He has to know."

.
.
.
.
Now

After recieving Jungkook's message, Jungkook and Jimin set up a meeting time in the hospital's garden

Jimin was walking there now, whistling cheerfully. He greeted everyone he encountered, his bright smile contagious. What could Jungkook want to talk to him about?

Jimin entered the garden, the scent of wet earth filling his nose. It had been raining lately, which meant a lot of the plants in the garden were very green. Jimin spotted Jungkook sitting at Jimin's usual spot under the tree.

"Hi." Jimin smiled as he sat across from Jungkook, who looked tired. In the past few days, Jungkook and Jimin had become good friends, Jimin had even told Jungkook about his relationship with Yoongi. Jungkook had pretended not to know.

"Hey." Jungkook smiled tiredly as he saw Jimin's smile. His smile always made Jungkook's heart flutter.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Jimin asked, watching as Jungkook bit his lip, "Is something wrong with Yoongi?"

"No...yes?" Jungkook didn't know where to begin. His palms were sweaty, so he wiped them on his pants. His words left Jimin confused.

"I mean, technically, he's fine. Yoongi is fine." Jungkook inhaled, and then exhaled sharply, "It's just...do you love him, Jimin?"

The sudden question caught Jimin off guard.

"Yes, " Jimin answered with no hesitation, "I love him a lot."

"Like...really, truly love him?" Jungkook asked, his gaze watching Jimin carefully.

"Yes, I do. I love him. He's been my strength. If it weren't for him, I would've given up hope a long time ago." Jimin answered truthfully.

"I...don't want to hurt you, Jimin." Jungkook said quietly.

"What do you mean?" Jimin was clearly confused, "Why would you hurt me?"

"It's best that you know. I don't want my brother to lure you in to a fantasy world with false promises." Jungkook stared down at the table.

"What are you talking about, Jungkook?" Jimin sat up a little straighter, his heart racing with anticipation. He wad worried. What was going on?

"Jimin..." Jungkook grabbed Jimin's hand, the one with the ring on it. Jungkook stared down at it hatefully before he met Jimin's gaze, "Yoongi doesn't love you."

"What?" Jimin shook his head, "Yes he does."

"No, he doesn't. Jimin, Yoongi is engaged. He's marrying Kirang."

"I...huh? What...?" Jimin's entire face reflected the sadness that suddenly filled him. As if his heart were made of glass, Jungkook's words shattered it into a million pieces. His blood ran cold, a lump threatening to choke him as he held back tears.

"Yoongi has never loved you." Jungkook squeezed Jimin's hand, "He's been engaged for a while. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner...I just didn't know about your relationship."

Jimin's lower lip began to tremble, the tears in his eyes made his vision blurry.

"No...that...that can't be. Please tell me you're lying.." Jimin choked out.

"I wish I were lying. It's true." Jungkook stood and walked around to Jimin. He knelt down, pulling Jimin into his arms. As he did so, Jimin leaned into him and began sobbing. Absolutely, and totally heart broken sobs shook Jimin's small frame.

"I'm sorry, Jimin. I'm here. Cry all you want. You'll always have me." Jungkook whispered to Jimin as he rubbed his back lightly.

Of course, he wouldn't tell Jimin about the pregnancy. This was enough...

For now, at least.