22: Revelations

(3rd Person POV)

"You never did tell me about your parents, you know." Yoongi said, taking a sip of the coffee in front of him. He was sitting across the table from Jimin, the pair eating at a small cafe in the heart of the city.

Jimin tilted his head cutely, speaking through a pout, "What am I supposed to tell you about them if I don't remember them?" The blond boy sighed, resting his elbow on the the table so he could prop his chin up on his hand, "I lost all my memories from childhood, probably due to a high fever. My earliest memory is from when I first arrived. I was dying, and Seokjin was rushing me through the hospital."

Yoongi ran a hand through his minty green hair, leaning back in his seat with his arms crossed.

"So...who brought you to Dr. Kim?" Yoongi was genuinely curious. Jimin had been reluctant to answer personal questions, but now, he seemed more open. It made Yoongi happy that Jimin trusted him.

"My father, I guess." Jimin frowned, staring out the window they were sitting near. He seemed lost in thought, "I...remember a man carrying me, there was a lot of yelling, and crying...and then Seokjin took me. I was running a fever...I guess I was too sick, and my parents didn't know what to do.."

Jimin's eyes seemed to fill with tears, the corners of his mouth pulling downards as his lower lip began to tremble,"They...never came back for me. Seokjin practically became my dad..."

Yoongi's heart clenched painfully as he saw a wave of sudden sadness wash over his Jimin. However, he let him continue to talk.

"He works endlessly, you know, treating me and making sure I'm okay. He even helped develop my current treatment. You know Namjoon, right? He's a medical scientist, a researcher . According to them, my disease won't be the death of me." Jimin gave a gloomy smile as he looked down at the table.

Yoongi chewed at the inside of his cheek. Namjoon and Seokjin had to have the solution to Jimin's illness by now.

"So, then what's the cure?" Yoongi inquired, his gaze focused on Jimin.

"There is no cure." Jimin shrugged, his own gaze meeting Yoongi's, "Only medication to keep me stable."

"Do they work? The meds?"

"Yes. But as of recently, there's only one that works best." Jimin smiled, almost a bit sheepishly.

"What is it?" Yoongi leaned forward, placing his arms folded on the table.

"Min Yoongi."

Yoongi chuckled quietly, in surprise. He reached out to ruffle Jimin's hair, earning a tiny giggle.

"Glad I can help, baby" Yoongi pulled Jimin's hand into his own, using his thumb to rub small circles on his soft skin.

"You know..." Jimin spoke softly, "You're not gonna die, Yoongi. You keep saying you will, but I know Seokjin is working hard to help you."

Jimin's optimism made Yoongi smile. This kid...he only seemed to see the up sides in life. And although he didn't agree with Jimin, he nodded.

"Yoongi?"

A familar voice made Yoongi sit bolt upright, instantly releasing Jimin's hand. He looked around quickly for the source of the voice.

Jungkook was standing a few feet from their table, his doe eyes focused straight on him. Next to him, a boy with a sharp stare stood quietly, both of them holding drink carriers filled with drinks.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?" Yoongi stood, watching as Jungkook and the other boy walked to the table.

"I should be asking that." Jungkook set the drinks on the table, "Dad said you were in the U.S. right now."

Yoongi scoffed, shaking his head. He turned to Jimin, who was busy chatting with the other boy. They were whispering, the boy giggling and sneaking glances at Yoongi. His sharp stare was gone, and was replaced by a friendly look and a boxy smile. He had taken the liberty to sit next to Jimin.

"You know each other?" Jungkook asked, the same question that had popped into Yoongi's head. He had also taken notice of Taehyung's friendliness with the blond boy.

"Yes." Taehyung smiled his square smile, leaning his head against Jimin's shoulder, "This is Jimin, my best friend. He's my uncle's patient."

"Ah, nice to meet you, Jimin." Jungkook reached across the table to shake Jimin's hand, who smiled politely in return, "I'm Jungkook, Taehyung's co-worker....and Yoongi's brother. "

"You're Yoongi's brother? And Tae's friend? Wow what a coincidence. " Jimin half asked, half exclaimed. They didn't really look alike. Jungkook looked more innocent and playful, while his brother looked cold and mean.

Jungkook took a seat next to Yoongi, who still looked as if he were processing information.

"Yup. How do you know my brother? He's always so mean, I didn't think he'd have friends. " Jungkook playfully nudged Yoongi, who only glared.

"Oh, we met at the hospital when Yoongi was admitted. " Jimin responded, glancing over at Yoongi, who's eyes were now wide.

"Hospital? What hospital? Admission?" Jungkook smiled softly, narrowing his eyes in confusion as he glanced between Yoongi and Jimin.

Both Taehyung and Jimin snickered.

"Jungkook's a funny guy. " Taehyung grinned as he looked at Jimin, "He acts clueless a lot."

"I'm... not acting his time." Jungkook looked at Taehyung, and at Jimin, and then at his brother, "What are they talking about, Yoongi? When were you in the hospital?"

Yoongi just sat there, staring straight at Jimin. He didn't know how to react... he hadn't had the chance to tell Jungkook what was going on, and now, he didn't have a choice. He had to tell him... but what if Jungkook slipped and mentioned his engagment? What if Jimin slipped and mentioned their relationship? Yoongi could feel his heart racing, and suddenly, he didn't feel very well.

"Yoongi? He doesn't know?" Jimin questioned, bringing Yoongi out of his thoughts.

"Know what?" Jungkook was growing frustrated. Obviously, Yoongi was hiding something. Which was odd, as Yoongi also always told Jungkook the truth about almost eveything.

"My cancer." Yoongi spoke quietly from beside Jungkook, whose doe eyes were even wider. "I have cancer, Jungkook."

To Yoongi, it felt like he was hurting his little brother more than he deserved. He had never wanted Jungkook involved in this mess...

Little did they know the first raindrops of a big storm had just begun to fall