19: Confession

(Jimin POV)

The day was boring without Yoongi.

Taehyung came over to visit his uncle, Seokjin. which was good. I was able to talk to someone about my confused feelings.

"Go for it." Taehyung mumbled through a mouth full of rice. We were eating in the garden. It had stopped raining, and the sun was shining.

"You think so? But...he has a girlfriend.." I frowned as I stared down at my chicken. I poked it with my chopsticks, sighing softly.

"Chim, he freakin kissed you.I think he has feelings for you, too. The only way to find out is by confessing." Taehyung smiled, a few grains of rice on his face. I threw a napkin at him and laughed softly. He was such a kid sometimes...but he was smarter than me.

"You're right...I guess I'll do it then." I popped a piece of chicken into my mouth,  snickering again as Taehyung squealed excitedly. 

"I'm so happy for you Jimin! You've seemed so much happier lately, this boy seems to be very good for you!" Taehyung threw his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

Tae left late at night, after whining and complaining to Seokjin that he wanted to stay longer. I had walked him to the main doors, where Tae had hugged me again and wished me well.

After my nightly routine, I climbed into bed with a small sigh, pulling the sheets up to my chin. Yoongi still wasn't back. I felt bad for him...he was sick and still, he had to be at work and family functions. One of the things I had learned since meeting him was that he didn't like limiting himself. He would constantly push those limits...it worried me. Was he okay? Did he eat well? Did he take his medication?

I closed my eyes, my heavy lids couldn't take it anymore. I drifted off to sleep with Yoongi on my mind, and my pending confession.
.
.
.

"Jimin?" Someone whispered from somewhere close to me.

"Hm?" I groaned, still half asleep.

"Jimin..." They whispered again, their fingers running gently through my hair, "Please wake up? I need to talk to you..."

"I'm sleepy..." I whined, pouting as I sat up slowly, eyes still closed. I yawned, rubbing my eyes with my hands.

"I know, baby. I'm sorry...but It's important. I can't wait any more." I opened my eyes to find Yoongi sitting at the edge of my bed. Immediatly, I was wide awake.

His hair was combed to perfection, his ears adorned with dangling earrings. He was wearing a neat black suit with a matching tie. He looked so handsome...

And yet, I couldn't help but notice how sad he looked. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy. His nose was pink, and he was frowning. Was he crying?

"Yoongi?" I sat up completly, reaching out to grab his hand. "Are you okay? Were you crying?"

"I..." Yoongi clenched his jaw, his eyes glistening as they filled with fresh tears. He sniffled. I had never seen him so sad.

"I think I love you, Jimin." He held my hand, squeezing it lightly after he laced our fingers together. My breath caught in my throat as his words reached my ears.

"I think I've loved you for a while now." Yoongi spoke softly, staring into my eyes. His tears were falling from his eyes and slipping from his cheeks, "I didn't want to accept these feelings...I wanted to push you away. I didn't want to accept that I was falling in love with you so quickly. It didn't seem right ...I tried so hard to change it, I tried...but I can't anymore. These feelings, they are consuming me. That's why I can't hide it anymore. You. ..you are my serendipity. Jimin, I love you."

I stared at him,  shocked. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  Was I still dreaming? 

"Please say something." Yoongi watched me, sadly. His eyes were full of concern, and question, "If you don't feel the same way,
I understand."

"I..." I bit my lower lip, squeezing his hand gently as I used my other hand to softly wipe away his tears, "I was actually going to tell you how I really felt tomorrow...but you beat me to it."

The corner of Yoongi's lips curled into a tiny smile, he closed his eyes as he lightly nuzzled against my hand.

"I love you too, Yoongi.." I whispered quietly, "I've never been in love before, I've never even had a crush before...when you came around, I expieranced everything all at once, for the first time."

Yoongi tugged at my hand, pulling me closer to him. And then, I was in his arms. He held me tightly, his face hidden in the crook of my neck. He was crying again, I could feel as his shoulders shook and his tears soaked my shirt.

"Why are you crying?" I ran my fingers through his blond hair, "Shouldn't...we be happy? We...now know how we really feel..."

"Of course I'm happy about that." Yoongi squeezed me lightly, his soft sigh filled with a sort of sadness.

"Then?" I frowned, pulling away from him just so I could look at his face. He wouldn't meet my gaze.

"Is it...is it because of Kirang?" I had been so happy until I had remembered she existed. She was still Yoongi's girlfriend, even if we were in love...she was still his girl.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now..." Yoongi's lips turned into a small pout as he began to cry silently again, "Can I...can I sleep next to you tonight..?"

"Of course..." I slid to the right side of the bed, even more confused than before. What had happened  to Yoongi while he was out? Whatever it was...it must've been very bad to make someone as strong as Yoongi cry like this...

Yoongi removed his shoes and then laid on the left side of the bed, his back facing me. I pulled the sheets over the both of us, making sure to cover him well. I peeked over his still shaking shoulders. Although his eyes were closed, he was still crying queitly.

I laid down, moving as close as possible to him as I could. I slid my arms under his and hugged him tightly from behind, resting my forehead against his back.

I stayed this way, and eventually, his quiet sobs stopped and were replaced by deep breaths. He was asleep.

"What happened,  Yoongi?" I whispered quietly, more to myself than to him,  "Are you okay? Did something happen with your family?"

I closed my eyes, sighing softly. This was all so sudden...

"Or...is loving me causing you pain? Are you ashamed...do you regret it?"