5: Cold

(Jimin POV)

A good 10 minutes after I walked into my room, I could hear Seokjin's laughter through the walls, as he was walking past my room. Surely, he was going to check on the room with the new occupant. If I was right...Yoongi's room. I bit my lip as I strode over to the door, opening it just a crack so I could poke my head out.

Seokjin was indeed standing in front of that room, a nurse next to him. They were chatting easily as he gave a knock on the door. To his, and my, surprise, there was no answer. Their chatting stopped, and he knocked again. Still, no response. Seokjin pushed the door open slowly, I could see his eyes widen as he suddenly darted into the room quickly, the nurse following him just as fast.

Curious now, I stepped out of my room and crept towards them, just barely peeking inside of the room. Seokjin was kneeling in front of someone, who appeared to be unconscious on the floor. Swiftly, he picked the person up and promptly laid them in the bed, his hands busy taking his pulse as the nurse took his blood pressure. I had a clear view of the patient now. A young man, definitely in his 20s. He had light, blond hair, and pale skin. His lips were thin, his lashes dark against his cheeks. As I was taking in his handsome features, I noticed the drying tears on his face, along with a pink, painful looking mark on his cheek. So...this had been the slap I heard..he'd been crying before he passed out.

My heart filled with sadness as I thought of a million possible things he'd been through...

Seokjin caught sight of me then, and I quickly darted behind the wall. Moments later, he stepped out of the room and stood next to me, sighing. I spoke up first.

"What happened to him? Is that the patient you were talking about?"

Seokjin nodded, running a hand through his dark hair before answering quietly.

"Yes. That's Min Yoongi. I'm not sure what happened. He was definitely out of it...I gave him a simple sleeping aid just now. "

I bit my lip, my hand reaching up to scartch the back of my neck as I spoke hesitantly.

"I was walking by earlier...I heard arguing from inside and it sounded like someone got hit..." Seokjin narrowed his eyes, and I gulped before continuing. "I didn't know what to do, so I ran back to my room... I'm sorry. I should've told you."

Seokjin's gentle hand ruffled my hair, his calming voice reassuring me. "It's not your fault, Jimin. Not at all. His situation is...complicated. I know I asked you to visit him, but we'll leave him alone for now, come back later tonight. I'll come too." He began to walk away, but I grabbed his coat sleeve quickly.

"Before you go," I looked up at him hopefully, "Can you finally tell me about the mysterious man in the garden?"

Seokjin's usually gentle gaze was clouded over momentarily by something dark, scary almost. He looked at me for a moment before turning and walking away, calling out to me as he did so.

"Later. I'm busy right now."

I was left there, dumbfounded as I watched him disappear down the hall. With a sigh, I combed my fingers through my hair and grumbled my way to my room, to distract myself until night fell.

The hospital was always so calm at night. I smiled to myself as I drew the blinds on the window shut, signaling the end of yet another day. I ran a hand through my still wet hair, little droplets flying about as I shook it out. Nothing was better than a shower and fresh pajamas, even if they had the hospitals logo printed all over them. Without my sweater, I could clearly see the hospital bracelet the hugged my wrist. It was a permanent part of me now, much like a wedding ring or even a tattoo.

After I took my nightly pills, I settled down on the bed, sliding my glasses on as I opened a comic that had been sitting on my nightstand. I read exactly one word when the door opened, and in popped Seokjin.

"Jimin, you're already ready for bed?!" He gasped in an exaggerated manner, grasping at his heart. "Did you forget about our appointment?!"

I raised an eyebrow, tilting my head in confusion. I was about to call him crazy when I remembered. The smallest 'oh' slid from between my lips

We were supposed to visit Yoongi tonight.

"Looks like I did forget." I smiled innocently, earning a small chuckle from Seokjin. I hopped out of bed and slid my feet into my slippers, walking out the door that Seokjin was holding open. We strode together to Yoongi's room. This time, Seokjin didn't bother knocking and went ahead to open the door, stepping inside. I stayed at the door.

The room was dark, except for the moonlight that illuminated the window. Seokjin flicked the lights on, which caused the man in the bed to groan and sit up, tiredly rubbing his eyes with a small pout on his lips. He looked unexplainably cute as he complained to Seokjin about the lights.

"I'm just here to check up on you." Doctor Seokjin smiled at Yoongi, who sat with his arms crossed.

"I'm fine...I just wanna sleep. You can leave now." Yoongi spoke through a pout and flopped back into bed, pulling the crisp white sheets over his head.

"Well, actually..." Seokjin spoke quietly."I know how hard this all is on you...if You'll allow it, Jimin wants to meet you, and help you get adjusted to the feel of things--"

"No." Yoongi spoke firmly. "I already said I want to be alone. I don't need or want help from this damn 'Jimin.' Now leave, please. I'd like to sleep."

A frown crept up on my lips as I heard him speak. I had already been warned by Seokjin that Yoongi would be this way, but somehow it hurt more being directly rejected from someone as handsome as him...However, I wasn't giving up just yet. He needed help, I could see it. His eyes were red from crying.

Seokjin said his goodnight and switched off the lights, closing the door as he stepped back out. He pursed his lips together as he looked at me before speaking.

"Looks like we'll try again tomorrow, huh?" He took another glance at Yoongi's closed door with a small sigh before looking back at me. "Rest well tonight Jimin. And remember, I'm only a phone call away."

Seokjin walked me back to my room before leaving to finish his rounds. I turned off the lights and slid into the cold sheets of the bed. When I closed my eyes, all I could see was Yoongi's tear streaked face.

"You'll get through this... I'll help you the whole way...Don't worry..." I whispered into the empty room as I drifted off to sleep.