18: Crushed

(Yoongi POV)

I rubbed my sore arms as I stood in my office at the company building. It had been so long since I'd been here.

It was raining today. I watched the rain fall steadily through  the large bay windows covering one side of the room. I glanced at the watch on my wrist. I had an hour before the meeting started.

With a small sigh, I took a look at my reflection in the window. My father hadn't cared about how I felt. He'd made me look 'presentable, like a CEO.' The black suit he chose for me was almost identical to his own. And of course, the suits were nothing short of expensive, and they definitely looked that way. Easily, they each cost at least a  thousand. To my father, that was nothing. After adjusting my tie, I shuffled over to my desk, sitting down on the leather chair behind it. I chewed at the inside of my cheek as I stared thoughtfully at the raindrops slipping down the windows.

Jimin was the first thing to enter my thoughts. I had to do my treatments alone this morning, they seemed much harder without Jimin there. I hadn't even gotten to say goodbye to him, he was still sleeping when I left.

I liked him, and it wasn't just as a friend anymore. I...liked him. He was beautiful, kind, and polite. His smile was sunshine to my gloomy days. Jimin made me smile, which was a hard thing to do. All my old friends and people at the company always called me 'ice-hearted Min.' Even with Kirang, I couldn't be myself. I loved her, until I didn't. I saw her in a different light since meeting Jimin. As someone I'd known  since childhood, Kirang was special. However, the way she treated someone as nice as Jimin, it made me see something I'd been blind to before. Like a blindfold being removed from my eyes, I saw the world as it was. She thought she was superior to Jimin. No, she thought she was superior to those that weren't in our social class. But, why? If anything, those with a kind heart are superior. Kirang was just like my father.

It was insane how quickly I could fall out of love with her. Maybe, I wasn't even in love with her in the first place. Our parents had created our relationship, I had just gone with it. Growing up, I had never been attracted to anyone for their pretty face or for their wealth. For me, it was always their actions. Their personality. That's why I'd never been able to apply my attraction to a certain gender.

Right now, it was Jimin. My heart was attracted to Jimin. The kiss we shared, it was meaningful. Deep, and pure. I hadn't wanted to admit it to myself, but I'd liked Jimin since I first saw him. I had tried so hard to fight against my feelings for him, but in the end, they'd won.

I caught myself smiling as I thought of him.

"I'll break up with Kirang tonight..." I sighed to myself out loud, standing up. I looked at my watch again. It was time for that stupid meeting.

Father sat on one end of the long conference table, and I sat directly to his right. My brother sat across from me, to father's left. As we waited for the meeting to commence, he smiled at brightly at me, his doe eyes sparkling with his youthful joy.

"I'm glad you're back from your trip, Yoongi. It's been really boring without you."  He spoke, the smile never leaving his face.

"What are you talking about, Jungkook? I wasn't--" I chuckled in disbelief as father interrupted me.

"I was just telling Jungkook about your successful business trip. " Father's hateful gaze met mine, his eyes burning into me, "How was it, son?"

"What the hell?" I scowled, anger beginning to make my blood boil, "He doesn't know? Why haven't you told Jungkook? You said you would!" I turned my gaze back to my little brother, "Jungkook, I wasn't on a trip. I--"

Before I could say anything else, Father stood up quickly,  Jungkook following his actions. They both greeted the group of people that had just entered, Kirang's father was among them. I stood and did the same.  The meeting began.