89: Euphoria

(3rd Person POV)

The Reception

"Congratulations, you guys!" Jin smiled, standing as the newlyweds reached their table. They were going around to each table, greeting their guests.

"Thank you." Yoongi smiled as he shook Jin's hand, Jimin going in for a hug. Jin placed a kiss on Jimin's head before he pulled away with a smile.

"You guys really do deserve to be happy." Namjoon smiled, revealing his dimples as he shook both the groom's hands.

"Thank you." Jimin smiled, "Not only for your well wishes, but for saving us. If it weren't for you guys, we'd both be dead."

"Don't say that." Namjoon chuckled, "It was your will to fight that helped me help you. I hope you guys will support Seokjin and I through our next endeavor."

"It's gonna happen then? Really?" Jimin beamed, both Namjoon and Seokjin smiled.

"Yeah. We just finalized the plans for the cancer research facility. It's going to take a while, but it's going to happen." Jin smiled proudly.

"Wow. So cool." Jimin smiled in awe.

"Come on." Yoongi quietly nudged his husband, "We have more guests to see."

They excused themselves from their friends and moved along the tables. The pianist and the cello player were playing softly as the waiters began to serve wine and light food.

Eventually, Yoongi and Jimin made their way to Jungkook, Hoseok and Taehyung's table. Haru, who was in Hoseok's arms, immedietly stretched his hands out towards Yoongi, who didn't hesitate to take the infant into his arms.

"Jungkook, are you ready?" Yoongi asked his brother, who nodded and stood with a bright smile. Hoseok and Taehyung couldn't help but smile sheepishly as the saw Jimin's curious expression.

"Ready for what?" Jimin turned to Yoongi, raising an eyebrow.

"You'll see." Yoongi balanced Haru on his hip and used his free hand to take Jimin's, tugging him closer to the little stage. Jungkook was already there, a microphone in his hand. He was talking to the musicians.

Yoongi led Jimin to a pair of seats, adorned with ribbons and roses, that were especially reserved for them.

"Sit." Yoongi instructed. Jimin obeyed, sitting down in one of the seats. Yoongi sat next to him, Haru in his lap.

"Jungkook's going to sing?" Jimin stared at Jungkook, eyes full of curiosity.

"Yes." Yoongi leaned over, placing a kiss on Jimin's cheek, "A song I wrote for you, and he composed it."

Jimin jaw dropped, his gaze darting from Yoongi to Jungkook. And before he could say anything else, Jungkook's voice came from the speakers on stage.

"Good evening everyone. A big round of applause for our happy couple!" Jungkook gestured towards where Yoongi and Jimin were sitting, "And now, I'd like to sing a little song that my brother dedicates to his new husband."

Jimin didn't take his eyes off the stage as the musicians began to play. The cello was replaced by an acoustic guitar, and joined the piano in a melodious tone. Jungkook's voice, light and sweet, began to sing.

"You’re the sun that rose again in my life
A reincarnation of my childhood dreams
I don’t know what these emotions are
Am I still dreaming?

This dream is a blue mirage in the desert
A priori deep inside of me
I’m so happy, I can’t breathe
My surroundings are getting more and more transparent

I hear the far-away ocean
Across the dream, over the horizon
I’m going to the place that’s getting clearer
Take my hands now
You are the cause of my euphoria

Euphoria
Take my hands now
You are the cause of my euphoria
Euphoria
Close the door now
When I’m with you I’m in utopia

Were you wandering around
Looking for an erased dream too?
It’s different from the typical definition of destiny
Your pained eyes are looking at the same place as me
Won't you please stay in dreams..."

Jimin listened attentively until the song was over. Jungkook's beautiful voice brought Jimin to tears, his cheeks wet. He didn't even know he'd been crying until Yoongi reached out to wipe a tear. The crowd erupted into cheers, giving Jungkook a standing ovation. Jimin stood too, clapping enthusiastically. Jungkook bowed and thanked everyone before he stepped  off the stage and walked towards his brother.

"Jungkook, I didn't know you could sing! That song was so, so beautiful. Thank you." Jimin exclaimed as he wiped his tears, Yoongi chuckling beside him.

"Yeah, I don't show that side often." Jungkook smiled, "You should thank Yoongi. He wrote the song, I just sang it."

"Both of you." Jimin smiled and leaned over to press a kiss into Yoongi's cheek, and giving Jungkook a light hug, "Really, thank you."

"You're welcome." Jungkook shrugged, grinning, "Now...you guys should go ahead and have your first dance. The guests are waiting."

Jungkook took Haru from Yoongi, who then led Jimin to the dance floor. More musicians appeared on stage, along with a variety of instruments. They began to play a classical waltz (a/n:  im thinking dmitri shostakovich waltz no.2)

Thousands of twinkling fairy lights hung on strings above the tile dance floor, where the newlyweds now stood. Yoongi placed one hand on Jimin's hip, Jimin placed his hand on Yoongi's shoulder, and then they intertwined the fingers of their free hands.

The music was not slow and romantic as Jimin had expected, rather a song with a clear rhythm. Yoongi led the steps, swaying and moving elegantly to the music. Jimin followed, a smile slowly growing on his face.

"You know how to waltz?" Jimin giggled, just before Yoongi twirled him around.

"I didn't." Yoongi smirked, his steps perfectly on point with the music, "But I secretly took dancing lessons so I wouldn't embarrass us both up here. Unlike you, I'm not that graceful."

Jimin laughed, revealing that disappearing-eye smile that Yoongi fell in love with. With the rhythm of the music, Yoongi raised their hands above their heads, and twirled Jimin gracefully before pulling him back into his arms. The couple laughed happily, lost in their own world. When the song came to an end, Yoongi dipped Jimin backwards and planted a sweet kiss on his plump lips. The guests cheered and applauded as the couple walked off stage. The dance floor was now open, and couples began to make their way up to it as the orchestra on stage played.

Jimin and Yoongi walked hand in hand to the edge of the garden, away from the wedding commotion for just a minute. Here, there were no lights, they were hidden from the spotlight.

Jimin pulled Yoongi into a hug, resting his head on his shoulder. Yoongi wrapped his own arms around his husband, holding him tightly. 

"It still feels like a dream. Having you as mine seems too good to be true. When will you be torn away from me again?" Yoongi murmered softly. He closed his eyes, allowing himself to melt into Jimin's embrace.

"That is never going to happen." Jimin's breath tickled Yoongi's neck, "I am here to stay by your side forever and ever."

"Promise?" Yoongi opened his eyes, pulling out of their embrace. Jimin cupped his cheeks before placing a loving kiss on his lips. 

"I promise." Jimin's words instantly soothed Yoongi, who smiled brilliantly. Hand in hand, the couple walked back to their wedding party, where their happiness outweighed their exahustion. With friends and family, the atmosphere was full of love and hope.