59: Not Dead

(3rd Person POV)

"Busan Health Center, how can I help you?"  A female answered the phone.

"Hello, my name is Doctor Namjoon Kim, I work at Seoul Central Hospital. I need to request patient records." Namjoon said, glancing over at Seokjin, who was listening intensly.

After Namjoon gave his information to the woman, she confirmed he was, in fact, a doctor. And therefore, she was allowed to release information.

"What's the patient's name?"

"Park, Sooyoung. I need everything you have on him. Also, I need to know if he went by a different name." Namjoon said in a calm tone.

"Alright, I have all the information here. It looks like Sooyoung Park was here a couple of weeks ago after being in a car wreck, and then again just a day ago after receiving burns on his hand. Records show he might also go by--oh!"

"Hello? Hello, miss?" Namjoon furrowed his brows as the line was put on hold. He looked over at Jin, who also looked confused. Suddenly, a male voice came over the phone.

"Hello, Dr. Kim? You were requesting hospital records for Sooyoung Park?"  The male said in a friendly tone.

"Um...yeah." Namjoon bit his lip anxiously.

"I'm sorry,  but we can't give out more information than we already did. Have a good--"

"Wait!" Jin stepped forward, taking a deep breath before speaking, "I'm Doctor Seokjin Kim, I also work at Seoul Central. I need information on this patient because I suspect he may be Jimin Park, the boy that was kidnapped from my hospital. Please...I need to make sure--"

"That boy was already found, was he not?"

"No." Namjoon frowned, "I'm not satisfied with the findings, I think he is still alive, and I think he is Sooyoung."

The man on the other end of the call was quiet for a while before he spoke.

"Do you think you can meet me here at Busan Health Center?"

"Huh? Why?" Namjoon looked at Seokjin, who shrugged.

"Just answer. Yes or no? Tomorrow morning. My name is Doctor Jiwon Park. "

"Yeah...I think we can manage."

"Excellent. See you then."

The call ended, Namjoon and Seokjin agreed on how weird it was.
.
.
.
Jiwon stood quietly in his office after ending the call. He sighed as he thought deeply. So, those two doctors must have been Jimin's caretakers back in Seoul. And they must have seen the pictures, that would explain their sudden suspicions. On one hand, Jiwon knew he should insist Jimin is dead, that Sooyoung was a totally different person. But on the other hand, Jiwon knew how painful it was to lose someone, and to live without really knowing if they were dead or alive.

"I have to tell them." Jiwon closed his eyes with a sigh, pacing around his office as he thought of the words he'd use.
.
.
.
"The pictures are gone for the most part." Hoseok said proudly. He was with Jimin and Taehyung at a grocery store down the street from their apartment. Being grown men, they went through food like crazy.  But it wasn't a problem; Taehyung and Hoseok both worked nights at a convenience store. Money was steady, especially with Jiwon helping with the apartment.

"It was hard, but we did it."Taehyung smiled brightly as he held the shopping basket.

"So, there's no danger of people knowing...?" Jimin asked quietly. He felt awful that everyone was doing so much for him,  but he could barely do anything himself. He hated it. Jimin would often skip meals so Hoseok and Taehyung could split his meal. That would be the cause of his sudden weight loss. But of course, he didn't tell anybody, he didn't want to be more of a burden than he already was.