17: Falling

(Jimin POV)

The moment I kissed him, I knew it was over for me.

I was unconditionally in love with him. 

Maybe it was how kind he was being. Maybe it was his smile.  Or maybe it was the fact that he was forbidden to me.  I don't know what it was, but I just had to kiss him.

Yoongi didn't pull away, or even flinch.

It was a soft, gentle kiss. But it made my heart race.

I pulled away first, biting my lip as I looked at Yoongi. He was blushing. Other than that, it was impossible to read his emotions.

"I'm sorry..." Did I make him angry? Maybe I shouldn't have done that...

"It's..." Yoongi cleared his throat, standing up. "It's fine...?" He sounded confused, out of it, "Let's go get barbeque instead."

Our dinner was quiet, comfortable. Yoongi was tense until we got to the restaurant. There, he relaxed and began to act as if nothing ever happened..He avoided any physical contact with me. Overall, our time together was enjoyable.

"Thank you for dinner." I said. We had just pulled into the hospital's parking lot. Yoongi parked the car and then turned it off. He gave me a small smile, simply nodding before he got out.

I did as well, and we walked together into the hospital and to the elevators. Yoongi pressed the button to our floor.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He was standing there quietly. The whole ride back was filled with silence.

"Yeah. Just thinking about things..." He replied softly, his deep voice filling the quiet elevator.

"What things?" I watched him carefully.

"My choices in life, and things I have to do" He met my gaze then. "My father told me I have to be at the company tomorrow. He's meeting with big clients, and then he, along with Kirang's parents, are hosting a dinner party." Yoongi frowned deeply, shaking his head with a sigh. "...and as Kirang's boyfriend, I have to be there."

"Doesn't your dad know about your treatments? You shouldn't be out for so long.." We stepped out of the elevator and into the oncology ward.

"Oh, he knows. But he's still forcing me to be there. I'll do my treatments before I leave tomorrow morning. Don't worry about me." Yoongi smiled tiredly.

He walked me to my room, where he leaned next to the door, his arms crossed.

"I'm sad I won't get to see you tomorrow, did you have fun tonight?" He inquired quietly.

"Yeah, thank you again." I stood in front of him, offering him a smile.

"Mm. I'm glad. I'll take you out again soon.."  Yoongi's voice seemed sleepy. It was confirmed by his small yawn. He leaned forward, suddenly, pressing his forehead to mine.

"I really don't know what you're doing to me, Jimin. But, I like it." He whispered, his breath warm against my cheek. My heart began to flutter wildly. Was this actually happening? Someone pinch me. This could not be real...

It felt like an electric shock was sent through my nerves as Yoongi pressed his lips to mine.

"Goodnight." He muttered as he pulled away. I watched him walk to his own room, lazily push open the door, and then close it behind him.

I stepped into my own room, closing the door and then slumping down against it, my mind reeling. Yoongi had kissed me...

It was too good to be true... I didn't want to believe it.