57: Coffee

(3rd Person POV)

Three days after the memorial, Yoongi finally emerged from the guest room. He had been staying at his family's house, and much to his surprise, they had let him mourn in peace. For two whole days, he had locked himself in that room. He looked like the walking dead, but he felt a little better. He was at the 'acceptance' stage of the grieving process.

Yoongi made himself look presentable, after a quick shower and shave. He chose to wear black, as a sign of his mourning. He didn't want to think about Jimin, but he couldn't help it.

Stepping out from the guest room, Yoongi walked towards the living room, only to find it empty. It was breakfast time, but the dining table was empty. He walked to the sliding glass doors, the ones leading to the backyard garden. And sure enough, there was his family, having breakfast on the patio. He slid the doors open, drawing the attention of the people sitting there. Mrs. Min was sitting at one end of the table, Mr. Min on her right, and Jungkook on her left.

"Yoongi!" Mrs. Min exclaimed happily, "You're finally outside. It's so good to see you. How are you feeling? Come sit, have breakfast with us."

"I'm fine." Yoongi offered a half-hearted smile before taking a seat next to Jungkook. He glanced around curiously, "Kirang isn't here?"

"No, she's with her parents. She had a doctor's appointment, you know." Mrs. Min spoke casually as she ate.

"For what? Is she sick?" Yoongi asked as he took a sip of the orange juice brought to him by one of the maids.

"No, silly." Mrs. Min chuckled, "It was to check on the baby's health."

"Oh? How did it go?" Yoongi drank his juice before asking for a refill. He hadn't realized how hungry he was.

"She said it went great. Your son is growing well, he's due in a little under three months." Mrs. Min smiled.

"That's good." Yoongi quietly dug into his breakfast, ending the conversation there. His father hadn't said a word to him, but Yoongi could feel his eyes watching carefully.

After the table was cleared, the Min family sat and chatted amongst themselves, minus Yoongi, who just listened. They were talking about current events, or something like that. Yoongi had kind of put his mind on autopilot as he zoned out.

"How is the investigation going with Jimin's murder? Have you--oh. Sorry, Yoongi.." Mrs. Min's words had caught Yoongi's attention. She stopped talking.

"No, it's okay. You can talk about it." Yoongi sighed, shifting his gaze to his father, "I didn't know you were investigating. Have you found anything?"

"Your mother convinced me to investigate. For your 'peace of mind' she said." Mr. Min narrowed his eyes, "I haven't found anything compromising. Hoseok didn't have any contact with Jimin. The security footage at the gas station was in fact Hoseok, yes. But, there was no Jimin."

"What about the supplies he was carrying? They looked compromising. And the IDs at that car accident? And Jimin's hospital band?" Yoongi sighed, standing up, "It has to be Hoseok who did it. Who else? It doesn't make sense. He should be arrested, at least for questioning. Why haven't you brought him in?"

"Hoseok is out of the country. He was in Busan, but he left for China yesterday. We'll wait until he gets back." Mr. Min shrugged.

"Bullshit. You're just as shady as he is, if not more. " Yoongi pushed his chair in and walked back inside, despite his mother's attempts to call him back.
.
.
.
2 Weeks Later

"What's most concerning me is your weight loss, Jimin." Jiwon was clicking away at his tablet, Jimin sitting on the exam table.

"Are you eating well? Is Hoseok taking care of you? Maybe it's best if you move in with me instead." Jiwon looked up to meet Jimin's gaze.

"For the last time, Jiwon." Jimin rolled his eyes with a groan, "I said no. I'm happy with Hoseok and Taehyung. I don't need to be treated like a kid, I'm 19 in case you don't know."

"I just think it'd be best to have you close, where I can moniter your health." Jiwon shrugged, turning off his tablet and sliding his pen into the chest pocket of his white coat.

"I've been on my own for a long time, Jiwon. I can take care of myself. I have to go now, I'll be late for my shift." Jimin hopped off the exam table and grabbed his sweater from the rack. He shrugged it on.

"I didn't mean to upset you, Jimin. I'm sorry." Jiwon stared sadly as Jimin glared at him, "I don't think it's a good idea to work, Jimin. Your condition is dangerous."

"I need to do something for myself. Like I said, stop treating me like a baby. I can take care of myself. " Jimin glared at his brother before opening the door and walking out.

"Take care, Sooyoung." Jiwon called out, only to be ignored.
.
.
.
" Large Americano!" Jimin placed the drink on the counter before turning around to prepare another.

He had gotten a job at a busy coffee shop not too far from home. In his white button up, black pants, and brown apron, Jimin looked handsome, and he had girls visit often just to see him. With his dark brown hair, blue eyes, and generous smile, Sooyoung was a sight to see. Of course, to everyone, he was Sooyoung, just as his nametag said. And to Jimin, the girls were just costumers. He thought they just really liked coffee, that's why they came so often.

Jimin worked quickly and efficiently, focused on the tasks at hand. He always smelled like coffee now, it was kind of his signature scent. Jimin smiled up at a few costumers who decided to sit at the counter, waiting for their drinks. Jimin could hear their conversation perfectly as they spoke.

"It's quite a drive to Seoul, so it's good we're driving out a few days before the wedding. The Min family is rich, maybe they'll rent us a luxury hotel." The man was telling his wife.

"Yeah, too bad they keep pushing back the wedding date. Hopefully this is the last time." The woman chuckled.

"It's because of...what's his name? Yoongi. Didn't you see the news? His friend or something was kidnapped and murdered. Yoongi even paid for the memorial, it was all over the news. I guess he was a mess, that's why they waited until he was okay to go on with the wedding." The man spoke was his wife listened, "I feel bad for his fiancé, she wanted to get married before her pregnancy showed, but now she's about to pop!"

The couple laughed quietly, and Jimin furrowed his brows as he listened. So, Yoongi wasn't married yet? And he'd paid for the memorial...?

Jimin was too distracted, thinking about everything he'd just heard. He picked up a container of boiling, bubbling coffee, and began to pour it into a cup, or at least he thought. He poured the liquid straight on to his hand.

"Ow! Shit!" Jimin dropped the container, holding his hand to his chest as he folded over in pain.

"Sooyoung! Sooyoung are you okay?!" Another one of the employees came running over, trying to help Jimin. His shout had drawn the attention of all the costumers, they were crowding around the counter. Some were even taking pictures.

"Call 911." The man Jimin had been listening to told his wife. He hopped over the counter and went to Jimin, "Sooyoung, right? Let me see your hand, I'm a doctor."

Jimin hesitated, but allowed the man to take a look.

"Oh my." The man frowned as he examined Jimin, "Definitely second or third degree burns, Sooyoung. Hang in there, the ambulance is on the way."

Jimin nodded as he pulled his hand back to his chest. It hurt so much that his hand felt numb now. Soon, the wail of the ambulance could be heard, and Jimin was escorted out, but not without people taking pictures of him first. They were sending them or posting on their social media, with captions like 'oh no cute coffee boy got hurt :( '
.
.
.
Hoseok saw the pictures before he got the call from the hospital. The pictures were clear as day, if Yoongi saw them, he'd know for sure it was Jimin.

Shit.