14: Don't Leave Me

(Yoongi POV)

The drive back to the hospital was nothing short of torture.

Dr. Kim had wanted me to drive myself back, but I refused to leave Jimin. I felt I owed it to him.

Namjoon agreed to take my car, and Dr. Kim drove the car they had brought, a  large SUV. I sat in the back seat with Jimin,his head on my lap. He looked so pale...

The glass figurine I had given him had fallen out of his pocket as I was carrying him.  Unfortunately, it had shattered.  So now, I owed him that,  too.

I allowed my fingers to lightly trace his cheek, sighing deeply.  He had been there for me since my life went to hell. Unlike my parents, my brother, or even Kirang, Jimin had never left my side. Granted, we hadn't known each other for long, but even a little time meant a lot for someone who was dying...

Why had I been so blind? Why did I always try to push people away? I was angry, mostly at myself, for being so foolish. I was also angry at Kirang. Why had she decided to show up, just when I had wanted to spend time with my...friend? My only friend. Why had she lied to me...? The next time I saw her, I would have to confront her about that.

"I'm sorry, Jimin..." I whispered softly. Dr. Kim couldn't hear me, he was on the phone with the hospital. "I'm really sorry..." I slid my hand into his, squeezing it gently.

We arrived at the hospital twenty minutes later. Dr. Kim drove up into the ambulance bay, where a small team of nurses was waiting next to a bed. In no time, they had the SUV door open and Jimin ripped from my side.

Dr. Kim ordered the nurses around urgently as I climbed out of the car. They already had Jimin on the bed and were wheeling him inside, and oxygen mask over his nose and mouth. I followed behind them. I didn't care if they tried to kick me out. I wasn't leaving.

Jimin was wheeled into a secluded room with glass doors at the end of a hall. Dr. Kim paused at the door, his gaze moving to me.

"You have to stay behind these doors for now. You can watch from out here." He said before stepping inside the room with the rest of the nurses and another doctor.

I watched anxiously as the nurses fluttered about, setting up an IV drip and attaching moniters to Jimin. I looked away as they began to remove his shirt. A few moments later, I looked again and he was dressed in a  two piece gown, similar to pajamas. Dr. Kim was drawing blood from his arm, and the other doctor was injecting something into the IV drip.

The nurses were the first to leave the room, Jimin's blood samples securely in their hands.  A few minutes later, the other doctor left. And finally,  Dr. Kim.

He stepped out quietly, standing next to me. We both watched Jimin through the glass window. He was still unconcious.

"How is he?" I questioned, frowning.

"We don't know yet. He has a fever, and he's not waking up... Until the results come back, we won't know if he's okay..with his leukemia and the treatments, we don't really know how his body will handle events like these."

He looked at me through narrow eyes. I could feel his disappointment. I had  told Dr. Kim I would take care of Jimin, and I had failed.

"Can I go in with him?" I asked quietly.

"No." Dr. Kim said almost immediatly. "Until the results come back, we have to keep him isolated."

I nodded, shoving my hands into my pockets. Dr. Kim walked away. I listened as his footsteps faded away before I sighed deeply.

If anything happened to him,  it would be my fault.  I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of hurting someone as innocent as Jimin...

I placed a hand against the cold glass of the window, keeping my gaze on Jimin. My bones were starting to ache terribly, and I was so exhausted...

If it was for someone I cared about, I would stand for hours on end, no matter how much pain I was in. Jimin just happened to become that someone. I'd never had a friend like this. I had never cared so deeply for someone I barely knew. This was all new to a cold-hearted, rich kid like me. And yet, I was willing to accept all of it.

"Just like you didn't leave me when I needed you,  I'm not gonna leave you...not anymore."