12: Worry

(Yoongi POV)

The morning sun was bright through the sheer curtains that hung over the window. I grumbled and rolled over in bed, snuggling close to the sleeping body next to me. I buried my face in their neck, taking a deep breath.

I expected to smell hospital disinfectant and the oatmeal lotion they gave out..but instead I was greeted with the scent of expensive champagne and roses.

I scrunched my nose and pulled away, my eyes finally focusing on my surroundings. I was in Kirang's bedroom, and she was laying right next to me. I wasn't at the hospital, I wasn't with Jimin...

I quickly picked up my phone from the nightstand, powering on the screen to check for messages. Nothing. Just a bank statement about the money I spent yesterday.

Sighing, I slowly got out of bed and retreived my clothes from where I had discarded them on the floor. I felt awful, and was in desperate need of a shower, but right now, all I could think about was returning to the hospital.

I kissed Kirang's head before grabbing my keys and heading outside. Once I was in the safety of my car, I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I found Jimin's number, which he had (thankfully) put in while I was sleeping a few days ago.

I called Jimin.

It went straight to voicemail.

I docked the phone for hands-free mode, deciding it was best to just wait and have him call me. Or see him in person. I liked the second option better.

The early morning sun was annoying as I drove back to Seoul, the morning traffic heavy. My fingers impatiently tapped on the steering wheel as I grumbled angrily.

Suddenly, the phone rang.

I clicked a button on the smart screen before answering.

"Hello?"

"Yoongi? Where are you?" Dr. Kim's voice said through the speakers, "You didn't come back last night. How's Jimin feeling? Good, right? I mean, why else would he go on an all- night adventure."

"Jimin's not at the hospital?" My hands gripped the wheel, my blood running cold.

"What? No, why would he be? He was with you." Dr. Kim's light tone turned serious.

"No...he grabbed a taxi back to the hospital...right? That's what he did...he should be there." I spoke softly, more to myself than to Dr. Kim. Deep down, I knew that was a lie. Jimin didn't grab a taxi. He didn't know his way around the town we visited. If he wasn't at the hospital, where was he?

"If Jimin isn't here, and he isn't with you, then where is he?!" Dr. Kim sounded angry now, "He didn't have any money for a taxi, Yoongi. He doesn't carry a lot of money unless he takes his bag. And right now, I'm staring at that bag, right here in his room!"

"I don't...I don't know!" I began to panic. "I'm... I'm sorry..." I shouldn't have trusted Kirang's words alone, because she never left my side, how could she have even known where he went? I should've gone to check with the waiter myself. I should've been paying attention... I was angry now, angry at her for lying so carelessly, and angry at myself for leaving Jimin alone. Dr. Kim was right...the money on the table had to belong to Jimin, and it was only a few dollars...I was a fool. I was such a fool!

We ended our call.

Dr. Kim and I agreed to meet up at the restaurant where I'd last seen Jimin. I told him eveything that had happened over the course of the day. He scolded me harshly, yelled at me, called me irresponsible. And I took it all. I deserved every word he said. I shouldn't have left Jimin...

We set out searching, Dr. Kim had brought a friend of his, Namjoon. Together, we asked around if anyone had seen him. We looked through shops, cafe's, and I even called local hospitals and police stations.

My heart squeezed painfully as Namjoon finally found a promising clue. A street vendor had seen a blond boy wandering through the park at the end of the street.

That wasn't far from where we were right now.

Before he could even finish, I sprinted off in that direction, my lungs burning with every breath I took. But I didn't care.

Jimin...I'm sorry...please be okay...