Epilogue: Plus and Minus

(A/N) Alright guys, here is the epilogue! I will still be going back and changing the names of chapters, editing, but I have decided that yes, there will be a sequel to Best of Me! It is going to be much shorter, but just as juicy as this one! I will post a message once a have a set title, release date, book trailer, or anything else. Once again, thank you for all your support, it's what keeps me writing! Happy Holidays!

Five Years Later

The early afternoon sun was pleasantly warm on this late winter day. Not a single cloud covered the brilliant blue sky.

In the heart of Seoul, people were bustling, the laughter of children and conversations of adults filling the air. There was a festival going on, in celebration of the grand opening of a new medical facility. People didn't know much about it, just that the founders had decided to throw a carnival and invite the town. Food stands, games for children, entertainment, it was all there.

The modern looking building was huge, and surrounded by a beautiful garden. In front of the main entrance, there were rows upon rows of plastic folding chairs, all slowly starting to fill in with people. There was a podium with a microphone facing the chairs, and a red ribbon over the building's entrance. Young women and men in nursing scrubs were standing around, excitedly chatting amongst themselves.

"Come on, Haru, keep up with me." Jimin held the young boy's hand as they walked, politely squeezing and excusing his way through the crowds.

"Is Kenji okay, dad? There's a lot of people." Haru tugged on Jimin's hand, wide eyes staring up at him. Jimin offered his son a smile, nodding.

"Kenji is doing just fine, kiddo. Look, do you see what I see?" Jimin smiled. They had just reached the area with all the chairs, and the crowd had thinned out.

"Uncle Jungkook?!" Haru beamed as he exclaimed excitedly. Sure enough, Jungkook was standing in the very first row of chairs. As soon as he heard his name, he turned around and grinned, kneeling down with open arms into which Haru ran. Jimin smiled as he approached them a few seconds later.

"You've grown a lot Haru!" Jungkook smiled as he picked up his nephew, spinning him around happily before setting him down again. Jungkook had been studying abroad in Japan for over a year, and had returned just in time for this event.

"Hi Jimin! It's been a while, huh?"Jungkook smiled as he turned his attention to Jimin,embracing him in a tender hug. Jungkook's eyes fell to Jimin's chest, where a baby carrier was strapped on. In it, was a cute five month old baby.

"Oh my goodness, is this the baby?" Jungkook cooed instantly, "Can I hold him?"

"Of course." Jimin smiled, removing the infant from the carrier before handing him to Jungkook, who immediatly craddled the cute boy in his arms. Jimin removed the carrier from his body and set it down on one of the chairs, smiling down at Haru who was clinging to his leg.

"Kenji, right?" Jungkook asked, earning a nod from Jimin.

"Yeah, this is our little Kenji." Jimin smiled.

"When Yoongi told me about him, I couldn't believe it. I'm glad you guys took him in, he's precious." Jungkook smiled down at the infant.

"Was there any other choice?" Jimin chuckled, "I fell in love the moment I met him." Jimin sighed softly, remembering that occurrence months ago.

Kenji's mom was Japanese, that was all Jimin really knew about Kenji. The baby being in Jimin and Yoongi's care was only a temporary thing, they were simply fostering the little one until they found someone to adopt him. However, it had already been five months, and no one offered to adopt Kenji. According to Seokjin, it was because he was Japanese, and foreign babies always had a harder time getting adopted. If it were up to Jimin, he'd make Kenji his own son.