25: Coma

(3rd Person POV)

The door to the restrooms opened, a surprised man gasped when he saw the scene.

"Hey what are you doing?! Security! Help!" He began yelling.

The man in black immedietly dropped the lifeless blond boy to the floor, shoving his way past the man calling for help. He darted out the door, running away as fast as he could. A small Security team had just arrived, and while two took off after the suspect, another ran to get a doctor.

One of the female guards knelt beside Jimin, her fingers on his neck to find a pulse. She sighed in relief as she found one, although it was faint.

"Hang in there, kid.." She told him quietly, the sound of running footsteps echoing as they neared the restroom. She stood quickly as they entered the area.

"Jimin!" Jin dropped to his knees beside the boy, immediatly pulling out his penlight . He checked Jimin's vital signs, finding almost nothing to indicate his boy was still there. Jin held back his tears, "Help me." He instructed a nurse that had come with him. Together, the placed Jimin on Jin's back.

Jin sprinted to the ICU, the nearest unit. He ran into one of the empty rooms, placing Jimin down on the bed. He switched on moniters, moving around the room as fast as a butterfly. He was connecting the oxygen, his trembling hands making it harder.

"Help me! I need help!" Jin cried out, fumbling with the various cords. His vision was blurry with tears now, "Help..."

"Dr. Kim, you need to leave." The ICU's head doctor stepped into the room, gripping Jin's arm and pulling him towards the door. The nurses that came in with the doctor rushed to Jimin's side.

"Leave? I'm not leaving. He's my patient.." Jin tried to move towards Jimin again, only to be held back.

"You're not in the right mind to treat him...Go. I'll take it. " The doctor gestured to one of the nurses, and she came over, lightly escorting Jin out the door. Once he was outside, the door clicked shut behind him, and he was left with his own thoughts. Who.... who would attack Jimin this way? Jin's hands balled into fists, and he stormed off towards the security quarters. He would review the security footage, and take revenge on whoever hurt Jimin, who was like a son to him.
.
.
.

"Doctor," One of the nurses said as she checked Jimin's vitals one more time, "The patient is stable...however..."

"He's not waking up." The doctor finished the sentence for her, "He's comatose."

They both stood at the edge of the hospital bed. Jimin laid there, moniters and machines hooked up to him. And oxygen mask was covering his mouth and nose, the rhythmic beeping of the moniters accompanied the quiet hiss of the oxygen. The bruises on Jimin's neck were starting to show clearly; angry purple splotches against his pale skin.

The nurse was reading Jimin's chart, humming to herself before stopping.

"He's a cancer patient?" She looked up at the doctor, who nodded.

"That's what makes this situation that much more complicated...with his condition, anything could be too much for his body to handle. He may never wake up." The doctor was quiet after that, his lips pursed into a thin line.
.
.
.

Jin sat in the security office, his gaze intent on the screens. The guard was busy typing things into the computer, to pull up the footage Jin requested.

"Here it is." The guard pointed to the figures on the screen, "Here's Jimin walking to the restroom, and that guy in the black is following him."

The guard typed a few more things and then pointed something else out.

"They both came in from the garden."

"The garden...?" Jin's eyes widened, and he stood. He remembered Jimin asking about the guy in the garden, and Jin never wanted to tell him the truth... Now, he knew exactly who the person was that attacked Jimin...

His father. Jimin's father had attacked his own son...but why? Why? It wasn't supposed to be this way...

"Is it...my fault?"