72: Looking Up

(3rd Person POV)

Yoongi could hear his own raspy breathing, his heartbeat loud in his ears. He was curled up on the floor, his body tingling with pain. He wasn't sure how hurt he was, and he didn't have any strength left to get up and check. Yoongi let his eyes fall closed, trying to conserve what little energy he had left.

Mr. Min stood over the frail-looking boy, his eyes narrowed in disgust, "Can't even fight back, huh? Pathetic."

Mr. Min walked over to the door of his office. He opened it and called a pair of the body guards over, leading them into the office.

"Take the garbage out." Mr. Min pointed to Yoongi, scowling as he noticed the shocked and confused expressions on the guards faces.

"Do as you're told! Make sure his mother doesn't see. Also, I never want to see him around here again." Mr. Min raised his voice, scoffing as he walked over to his desk to take a seat. The guards hoisted Yoongi up, each of them holding him by an arm. Yoongi winced, but didn't struggle against them. They half carried, half dragged him out and away from the office, down the hall, and out the front doors. Once outside, they threw him into the gravel, where Yoongi landed with a thud. He hissed in pain as the sharp rocks scraped his palms, knees, and cheek. The doors to the house slammed shut, and Yoongi was left by himself.

Yoongi refused to give up so easily. He wasn't weak, especially when it came to defending someone he loved. Had he solved anything? Maybe not. But now he could use his condition for his benefit. Yoongi decided he'd go file a police report, to compile yet more evidence against his father.

He stood, clenching his teeth in pain as he finally felt the effects of the beating. It hurt, but he could manage. Yoongi limped over to his car, using it for support as he walked to the driver's side and got in. Once the door was closed and the car was on, he sighed softly in relief. Yoongi pulled out his phone, frowning as he saw the screen was shattered. Usable, but shattered. He had 23 missed calls, varying from Kirang, Seokjin, and Jiwon.

"That's weird..." Yoongi muttered to himself, "Why would they call so much? I wonder what happened..."

Yoongi returned Kirang's call. She answered almost instantly.

"Yoongi! Why haven't you answered? Are you okay? Where are you?" She spoke quickly.

"I'm fine. What's wrong? Why all the calls? Is Jimin okay?" Yoongi stared out the window as he held the phone to his ear.

"That's the thing, that's what the calls are about. It's about Jimin, but it's better to explain it in person...he's okay, please don't worry. "

"I'm on my way right now. Are you sure he's okay? Don't lie to me, Kirang..." Yoongi frowned. He used one hand to hold the phone while he drove with the other.

"Jimin is fine, better than fine actually. We switched areas, so come to the ICU. Drive safetly!"

"ICU? What? Kirang!" Yoongi sighed in annoyance as the call was ended. He shoved the phone back into his pocket, his fingers tapping impatiently on the steering wheel. Even though Kirang had told him not to worry, he was worried.

After what seemed like an eternity, Yoongi finally arrived at the hospital. While still in the car, he changed out of his bloodied clothes and cleaned his face as best he could. But of course, there was no hiding the bruises and the big cut on his cheek bone, that one would definitely need stitches.

Yoongi walked into the ICU, his eyes wandering around for any sign of Jimin. Although he didn't find Jimin, he found Kirang. Standing just outside a room at the end of the hall, she waved Yoongi over, her expression changing from one of happiness to one of horror as he walked closer to her.