38: Mission

(3rd Person POV)

Hoseok walked through the Min's office building, glancing around in an almost nervous manner. Nothing about his current job felt right, but he was obligated to do it. As soon as he arrived at Mr. Min's private office, he knocked on the wooden door.

A security guard opened the door and led Hoseok into the office, quickly shutting the door behind them. Hoseok walked over the center of the room, where Mr. Min was sitting at his desk. He bowed respectfully to his boss.

"Ah, Hoseok. You have something for me? Please, have a seat." Mr. Min said. He was intimidating, his eyes holding nothing but cold hatred for the world.

Hoseok nodded as he sat hesitantly, uncomfortable. He fidgeted with his hands as he began to speak.

"I've been keeping an eye on Jimin, like you said. He almost never leaves Yoongi's side. Today, they left the hospital. I followed them, they went shopping." Hoseok paused to glance up at Mr. Min before licking his lips nervously and continuing, "They were...holding hands almost the whole time."

Mr. Min's eyes froze over, anger practically spilling from them.

"Go on." He barked.

"They...just...well, " Hoseok gulped, "It was clear they were on a date. After shopping, they went to Yoongi's apartment, sir. That's where they are now."

"So, that punk isn't gonna listen, huh?" Mr. Min pounded his fist on the desk, "That damn bastard...Jimin. He's digging himself deeper and deeper into Yoongi's life. I won't allow it."

Hoseok looked down, speaking quietly, "I...I actually brought someone that you may be interested in. He's outside."

"Oh?" Mr. Min gestured to the security guard to open the door. In came a man dressed from head to toe in black. He looked rather young, late thirties or early forties.

"And you are?" Mr. Min asked as the man stood next to Hoseok.

"My name is Junsoo Park." The man stated, "I...I came to request help in eliminating someone, but as it turns out, that someone  is the same person Mr. Jung is spying on. His name is Jimin Park."

"Ha!" Mr. Min laughed, "What a coincidence! Why, if I may ask, are you interested in doing so?"

"I have my reasons." Junsoo shrugged, "I would like to put in a request to eliminate Jimin Park."

"There's no need. I was just about to put that order in myself..." Mr. Min turned to Hoseok, "Jung, Hoseok. This is an official order. That Park boy is no good for my son or my plans. Do whatever it takes, get rid of him. Eliminate him. You have two weeks to complete your task. You're dismissed. "

Hoseok felt like a thousand pounds of bricks fell on his shoulders. How could he possibly kill his own friend!? He stood on shaky legs, turning to walk through the doors. Behind him, he could hear as Mr. Min and Junsoo began to talk and laugh, like old friends. Hoseok suddenly felt like he should've never brought Junsoo. Why did he even think it was a good idea?
.
.
.
.
"Wow, the food was really, really good Yoongi!" Jimin smiled as he sat back in the chair, his stomach feeling like it would burst. Yoongi had cooked an extravagant dinner with many courses.

"I'm glad you liked it. I'm happy I can finally share my cooking with someone." Yoongi grinned as he watched his boyfriend.

"You've never cooked for anyone else before?" Jimin questioned as he leaned his elbows on the table.

Yoongi shook his head sadly, "No. Kirang tried it only once and hated it. My parents only eat food cooked by professionals, and Jungkook just...is Jungkook." Yoongi shrugged.

"Well I for one really enjoyed it." Jimin stood, making his way around the table to wrap his arms around Yoongi's shoulders from behind, his chin resting on the crook of Yoongi's neck. They stayed that way for a while before Yoongi lightly patted Jimin's cheek, "Let's clean? I'll wash you dry."

"Deal." Jimin kissed Yoongi's cheek, the pair gathered the dishes quickly, washing and drying them in record timing. As soon as they were done, Yoongi grasped Jimin's wrist and led him to the lounge area.

The rings were burning a hole in Yoongi's pocket. As soon as he and Jimin were seated on the leather sofa, he pulled the ring box out. Carefully opening it, Yoongi pulled one of the rings out. He wasn't good with words.

"This is a promise ring." Yoongi took Jimin's hand, sliding it onto his ring left ring finger. The little diamond sparkled gently. Jimin's eyes were wide, his lips formed a surprised "o" shape. Yoongi took a deep breath before continuing, "I love you very much, Jimin. And if anything ever happens, I want you to know that I promise I'll always love you. Even if we're seperated, it'll always be you." Yoongi took out the other ring, sliding it on his own left ring finger before holding it up to show Jimin.

"I...I don't know what to say..." Jimin looked up from the ring, to Yoongi, then back to the ring. It was beautiful, it must've cost a fortune, "Why...why would we be seperated?"

"Life works in wierd ways, baby. Who knows what'll happen.." Yoongi sighed, pulling Jimin into his arms. With no hesitation, Jimin laid his head on Yoongi's chest. Yoongi knew very well why they'd be seperated. If he couldn't find a way out,  in a few weeks, he'd be married. And in a few months, he'd have a child.  This ring was his promise to Jimin, his loyalty. Niether of them wanted to lose each other. They needed one another.

"I love you, Yoongi. " Jimin whispered through a smile. He was beyond happy. To him, this symbolized their eternal love. Yoongi was right, life worked in wierd ways. Who knew he'd end up falling in love with Yoongi, and Yoongi with him?

The pair fell asleep on the couch, their hands intertwined. In their world,  everything was perfect.
.
.
.
.
Namjoon yawned as he glanced at the clock. It was 2am, and Yoongi's results had come in. He took a sip of coffee as Seokjin read through the lab reports.

"He's cleared..." Seokjin looked up, his eyes blinking rapidly, "Yoongi is cancer free!"

"That's right." Namjoon smiled brightly, setting his mug down, "It's finally official."

Seokjin set the papers down, sighing happily, "A few signatures from him and he can be discharged..."

"Yup. And I'm hopeful for Jimin, too." Namjoon drank more coffee, "His results are better everyday. At this rate, his illness may become dormant."

"I pray that's how it goes, Namjoon." Seokjin sighed softly, "Poor kid has been through so much. It seems like everyday we add a new medication to his ongoing stuff."

"And  it's working." Namjoon's dimpled smile appeared, "Things are looking really, really good."

"Back to work then. Let's save more lives." Seokjin stretched and yawned. The pair of doctors got back to their usual work, each busy with their  own thoughts.
.
.
.
.
Two  days later

Jimin sat sadly on his bed. After they came back to the hospital, Yoongi had been offered to be discharged. He was healthy again, totally okay. But before he could even answer, he'd been summoned to his family's house. With a quick goodbye, Jimin was left alone.

Yoongi had only been gone for a day and a half, but it felt like forever. Jimin hugged his pillow, his gaze on the ring he wore on his finger. Even if Yoongi wasn't next to him, he could feel his love.

New Message

From: Jungkook
To: Jimin

Jimin, I really need to talk to you. It's about Yoongi.