41: Love is a Piece Of Cake, No?

(3rd Person POV)

Jungkook stared at Yoongi, wide doe eyes on the smaller, visibly angry man. Jungkook was holding a fork up to Jimin, a small plate of vanilla cake in his free hand.

Jimin also stared at Yoongi, a bite of cake in his mouth. He swallowed quickly, watching as Yoongi's gaze alternated between the two of them.

Jimin, who had been sitting in bed, stood up, followed by Jungkook who set the cake and fork down.

"Jungkook, what are you doing here?" Yoongi glared at his younger brother. He was relieved they weren't doing what he'd imagined, but he was still livid that he was with Jimin.

"Jimin needs someone to be here with him. Someone who won't hurt him." Jungkook answered, almost smugly.

"Bullshit. Get out, I need to talk to Jimin." Yoongi spat, his gaze softening as he looked at Jimin.

"What do you want, Yoongi?" Jimin broke his silence. He stared at Yoongi, an emotionless expression on his face.

"What do you mean what do I want Jimin I'm here to explain...you know now, don't you?" Yoongi stepped closer cautiously, and Jimin stepped backwards.

"Yes, I know. And I don't need or want an explanation." Jimin's voice cracked as his tough facade began to break.

"Jungkook, could you leave? I said I need to talk to him in private." Yoongi looked threateningly at Jungkook.

"He's not gonna leave." Jimin spoke up, finally meeting Yoongi's gaze. The look in Jimin's eyes made Yoongi's heart sink. He looked absolutely broken, lost.

"Please, baby. Just..hear me out.." Yoongi reached a hand out towards Jimin, who now had tears glistening in his eyes.

"Don't call me that ever again..." Jimin said through clenched teeth, angry tears now spilling from his eyes.

"Jimin...don't be like this." Yoongi took another step forward.

"I said NO!" Jimin yelled through his small sobs, "You're a liar! Why did you make me fall in love with you?! Why did you lie to me?! I gave you everything I had...! You used me...I was nothing but entertainment to you...! "

"What...?" Yoongi quickly shook his head, each word Jimin said was chipping away at his heart, "Don't say those things, Jimin..I--"

"No, Yoongi...just stop." Jimin covered his face with his hands, overwhelmed by the situation.

"No, I'm not gonna stop! Jimin please give me a chance. Let me explain." Yoongi reached forward to grab Jimin, but Jungkook quickly got in the way, blocking his path.

"Move, Jungkook!" Yoongi practically growled, shoving his brother away.

"Yoongi..." Jimin stepped out from behind Jungkook. He had composed himself, his sobs gone. Now, his tears were running silently.

Yoongi shifted his full attention to Jimin.

Jimin looked down at his hand, at the ring he wore. Slowly, he removed it and stretched his hand out, handing it Yoongi.
"Take it. I don't want it anymore."

Yoongi held his hand out, and Jimin dropped the ring into it.

"You...don't want it...?" Yoongi felt his world slowly fall apart as Jimin shook his head.

"We're done." Jimin declared.

Yoongi felt the warmth of his tears as they slipped from his cheeks. The words Jimin said couldn't be real...

"I...I--brought this for you..." Yoongi held out the piece of cake he had still been holding.

Jimin took it, opening the box.

"Thank you..but.." Jimin picked up the slice, flinging it across the room at Yoongi.

Yoongi jumped as the cake landed right in his face, smearing his skin and his clothes. He felt humilated, stupid. His lower lip trembled as he stepped back, too shocked to speak with chocolate all over him.

"You're nothing to me any more, Yoongi. Get out. Go with your fiancé." Jimin sat back down on his bed, Jungkook crossing his arms as he smirked at his brother.

"You heard him." Jungkook said, staring at Yoongi who was still stunned to move, "Get. Out. "

"I'm...sorry." Yoongi whispered, his voice so quiet he wasn't sure anyone heard him. He took one last, sad glance at Jimin before he turned and walked out the door.

Once he heard the door clicked closed, Jimin looked up at Jungkook.

"Did I do good?" He asked quietly.

Jungkook nodded, smiling sympatheticly.

Jimin looked down at his now empty hands, a mix of emotions flooding his heart.

Yoongi walked down the hospital hallway, his shoulders slumped. He didn't bother cleaning himself up, his feet dragging along the floor. People stared as he walked by, but he didn't care.

Jimin had broken up with him...

What happened? What went wrong? Who told Jimin? Everything Yoongi had planned, it all failed. Jimin...his Jimin. The boy who had given him hope and strength...just like that, he was gone. And it was all Yoongi's fault.

Once he approached the reception desk, Yoongi pulled out the discharge paper from his pocket. He hadn't planned on signing it, but what was the point of staying here any longer?

The nurses were talking to him, asking what happened. Yoongi ignored them. He signed the paper, shoving it towards the nurses before he shoved his hands in his pockets, turning to walk out of the hospital.

Yoongi felt like his heart had been torn from his chest and then smashed to bits. He felt empty, guilty.

It was raining when Yoongi stepped outside. It was cold, too. He walked to where he parked his car, and got inside. Once there, he let it all out.

He slapped the steering wheel repeatedly, crying out as angry tears fell from his eyes. He grasped and pulled at his hair, crying out Jimin's name over and over again.
.
.
.
"Jimin." Jungkook watched the small boy carefully. He was sitting on the window ledge, his head against the glass as he stared at the rain outside.

"What is it?" Jimin answered softly.

"This is for the best. Forget about Yoongi..." Jungkook replied.

"I know. I'll try my best. I'll be okay." Jimin smiled. But behind his smile, there was pain.

Can you die from a broken heart?