69: Blood

(3rd Person POV)

"How can he just say that?!" Yoongi scowled as he exclaimed angrily. He watched the doctor walk away and disappear down the corrider. Yoongi was about to take off after him, but a gentle tug from Kirang held him back.

"Don't." Kirang warned lightly. She knew Yoongi had wanted to just about punch the doctor, because she felt that way too. It was unfair to say something like that so easily.

"Why don't we go in to see him?" Kirang said quietly, looking around for signs of any one. But thankfully, the hallways were empty, "The worst they can do it kick us out. Let's go?"

Yoongi was hesitant, but yet again, Kirang took the lead. She pushed open the door to Jimin's room and swiftly pushed Yoongi inside before she herself stepped in.  Then, she closed and even locked the door.

Yoongi stared nervously at Jimin's sleeping figure in the bed. He wasn't connected to as many wires anymore, but he was still pale. His lips weren't the pretty shade of pink as before; they were dull and almost blue. It made Yoongi's heart clench painfully as he stepped closer, quietly taking a seat on the edge of Jimin's bed. 

"I'm sorry for leaving, baby..." Yoongi whispered, his deep voice smooth. He lightly caressed Jimin's sleeping face, gently moving hair away from his face. Yoongi knew Kirang was in the room, but it didn't feel weird to express himself freely anymore. Yoongi felt comfortable now, showing his love and affection for Jimin was something he didn't have to hide now.

However, he still felt guilty for leaving Jimin alone...

Yoongi stared at Jimin for a while before he noticed the uneaten breakfast on Jimin's bedside table. It was completly untouched.

"Fasting...Jimin has to be fasting..."  Jin's words echoed around Yoongi's mind. Now would be the perfect time to take that blood sample Jin wanted....

Kirang stood back near the door, watching curiously as Yoongi interacted with Jimin. There was a tender look in his eyes, a look she'd never seen before. There was no doubt he really was in love.

"Hey, Kirang? Can you come here for a second?" Yoongi called out softly over his shoulder. He stood, pulling the things Jin had given him out of his pocket.

"Sure...what is it?" Kirang strode over to stand beside Yoongi, her head tilting as she caught sight of the materials in Yoongi's hands, "What are you doing with that?"

"Jin asked me to collect a few samples of Jimin's blood." Yoongi whispered, careful not to wake Jimin.

"What? Why can't he do it himself? And...why does he need more samples?" Kirang watched as Yoongi chewed at his lower lip, it was clear he was nervous.

"Jin isn't Jimin's doctor, he isn't allowed near him." Yoongi sighed softly, "He wasn't specific as to why he wanted them, just said it was urgent because Dr. Soo might be hiding something...or something like that."

"That's...weird. What could he be hiding?" Kirang stared down at Jimin, tilting her head.

"I don't know. Jin explained how to do it, I just need you here in case I need help." Yoongi frowned, shaking his head. He grabbed a pair of blue gloves from a box on the table beside Jimin and slid them on. Then, he pulled over a little silver tray on wheels and began to set up the blood collection tubes and needles.

"Aren't you going to wake him up?" Kirang asked as she watched Yoongi set his things up. If she hadn't known better, she would've thought Yoongi was a professional.

"No." Yoongi shook his head, "I...I think it's better if he's sleeping. He's a heavy sleeper." Yoongi muttered as he carefully stretched Jimin's arm out, using an alcohol pad to clean the crease of his elbow.