31: Not So Secret Now

(Yoongi POV)

The hospital doors slid open as Jungkook and I approached them. I knew the place like the back of my hand, easily navigating my way along to the ICU, where Taehyung said Jimin was.

"I need to see a patient, " I called out to the nurse at the reception area even before I approached, "his name is Park, Jimin. "

The nurse typed some things on her computer.

"Room 12." She said simply before returning to work. I turned and sprinted towards the room, Jungkook behind me. Pulling the door open, I stepped inside quickly, out of breath from how much I'd been rushing.

The room was empty. The sheets were neatly folded on the empty bed. The curtains were closed and all the moniters were off.

"He's...not here..." Jungkook whispered slowly.

"Do you...." A knot began to form in my throat, and I struggled to speak without my voice shaking, "Do you think he already...."

"No...no way. They would've said something..." Jungkook stood quietly beside me,  both of us staring at the empty bed. We were thinking the same thing. Was Jimin...dead?

"Excuse me?" A young nurse interrupted our silence,  "You were looking for Park Jimin?"

I spun around to face her, nodding urgently.

"He's been transferred back to the oncology wing, as requested by his doctors. He's in his usual room."

As if the air had been returned to my lungs, I let out a sigh of relief. He was alive...he was still here.

I quickly thanked the nurse and  darted from the room, Jungkook close behind me. In a few minutes, we arrived at the oncology wing that had become my home.

"Oh? Yoongi? You're back?"

I turned towards the hallway where the voice was coming from. Dr. Jin was walking down the hallway towards us.

"I thought you weren't coming back for a while...Is this your brother? " He said once he was in front of us, smiling as he greeted Jungkook with a gentle handshake.

"Yes, he is. And yeah, that was the plan..but I found out about what happened to Jimin, so I came straight back. Where is he? What happened?" I looked at him, anxious for his response.

"Ah..." Dr. Jin clenched his jaw, as if he were thinking.  He sighed and gestured for us to follow him. He led us down the hall and to Jimin's room.

"I'll let you see him first...and I'll explain later." Dr. Kim said as we stood outside of the room. I hesitantly stepped towards the door, taking a quick glance at the doctor. He nodded softly in encouragement. I opened the door and stepped inside, Jungkook following.

The door clicked shut. The room was so, so cold, and quiet. The only sound was coming from the beeping moniters, the oxygen machine, and the little humidifier humming on the table.

Jimin was laying on the bed, perfectly still. He looked like an angel, sleeping peacefully on a cloud of white. The sheets were pulled up to his chin. His blond hair was messily beautiful.

I stepped closer, my heart dropping as I really took in the details of his appearance. His usual lightly tanned skin was a sickening pale , as were his lips. His eyelids were translucent, I could see thin, purple veins in them. I lightly tugged down on the sheets, revealing something that made me suck in a breath.  Almost every inch of Jimin's neck was covered in big, purple bruises with hints of red.

"Oh, Jimin..." I whispered softly, pulling up a chair next to his bed, "What happened?"

I sat down quietly, taking his cold, limp hand into my own. Taehyung said he'd been attacked.. but by who? Why hadn't Kirang told me? Why? Even if I wanted to be angry right now, I just couldn't. All of that would wait, just a little longer. Right now, my baby was all that I cared for.