58: Familiar Faces

(3rd Person POV)

In the little hospital room, Hoseok, and Taehyung were crowding around Jimin. He was sitting on the exam table, his injured hand treated and wrapped up nicely. They were waiting for the discharge papers.

"Damn." Hoseok muttered under his breath as he sighed deeply. He was scrolling through his phone, the images of Jimin, or Sooyoung, were spreading like wildfire. Taehyung was sitting next to Jimin, and they both looked up at the frustrated Hoseok.

"Is it that bad?" Jimin asked quietly.

"Yeah..." Hoseok shook his head, "We were laying low...but it looks like people have taken a liking to you. If Yoongi, or Jin or Namjoon see these, they'll know you're not dead. A few people are already saying 'Sooyoung looks like that dead boy they found a while ago.'"

Jimin bit his lower lip, thankful when Jiwon came into the room with papers in hand. Hoseok signed them while Jiwon spoke with Jimin.

"You're lucky that injury wasn't severe." Jiwon said sternly. Jimin rolled his eyes as his brother scolded him, "I told you a job wasn't a good idea, now look at you. How did you even drop coffee on yourself?!"

"I was distracted, listening to some people's conversation." Jimin frowned.

"What could possibly be that interesting for you to forget you were holding boiling coffee? " Jiwon frowned as Jimin looked at the floor. He shook his head with a small sigh.

"They were taking about heading to Seoul for a wedding. That caught my attention so I eavesdropped. They were going to Yoongi's wedding. Apparently, he's not married yet. " Jimin said quietly. Hoseok and Taehyung exchanged a glance.  Jimin continued, "They were saying Yoongi was in a bad state since my...Jimin's memorial. So they moved the wedding until he was okay. Do you think that's true? Why would he be a mess if he's the one that wanted me dead?"

Jimin looked up at the people around him with lost puppy eyes. It made Hoseok's heart squeeze painfully.

"Maybe you heard wrong." Hoseok shrugged, "Anyways, our biggest concern right now is taking these photos down before anyone sees them and recognises you."

After Jimin was discharged, Jiwon sat quietly in his office. Kirang wasn't married yet...maybe, just maybe...there was a chance to get her back. Jiwon smiled at the thought. 

Meanwhile, back in the comfort of their apartment, Taehyung and Hoseok worked carefully to try and take down the photos. Jimin was asleep on the couch next to them. 

"Do you think anyone saw them yet?" Hoseok whispered, clicking away at the laptop. The pictures were on multiple sites, uploaded by many people.

"Technically, yes. The whole world has seen them." Taehyung earned a narrow eyed glance from Hoseok. His boxy smile made an appearance as he went back to work on his own laptop, "But if you mean our old acquaintances, then I don't know. Hopefully not."

Hoseok sighed heavily, biting at the inside of his cheek. The pair continued to work quietly.
.
.
.
Jungkook listened to his parent's bicker about the wedding as he sat lazily on the couch. It was scheduled for the day after tomorrow, but the weather was looking miserable. Clouds and heavy rain were in the forecast. None of this was interesting to  Jungkook. He pulled out his phone, scrolling absentmindedly through his news feed until he paused at one that made him sit up a bit straighter. 

With his eyes glued to the screen, Jungkook read and obsereved carefully. The caption read 'cute cafe employee burned his hand   :(  wonder  if the coffee was as hot as him? ;) '  The pictures showed a cafe employee dressed in black pants, white button up shirt, and a brown apron with a silver nametag, stating his name was Sooyoung. His hair was dark brown, styled messily and his eyes were blue. His round face contrasted with his sharp jawline and plump lips. Even if he was holding his hand in pain, the boy offered a smile to the camera.

Jungkook pinched the screen to zoom in on the photo, his eyes squinting and then widening.

He had seen this boy before. The day they found out Jimin was dead, he was there. In the street. He had saved Yoongi from getting hit. Jungkook was sure he'd seen those blue eyes...

Jimin...? The boy, Sooyoung, looked just like Jimin...
.
.
.
"They say there are seven identical faces in the world, right?" Jin asked quietly as he stared at his laptop. He was in his office, finally able to get back to work after all the things that had happened. Namjoon was sitting across from him, his own eyes glued to the screen of his laptop. He chuckled as Jin spoke, removing his glasses before glancing up at Jin.

"Yes, that's what they say. Why? Did you find one of yours?" Namjoon watched Jin curiously. Jin turned the laptop towards Namjoon, his eyes filling with tears. On the screen were the pictures of Sooyoung.

"He looks like Jimin..." Jin choked up, "He looks exactly like Jimin..."

Namjoon pulled the laptop closer, his mouth falling open as he stared at the pictures carefully. 

It did look like Jimin. No, it had  to be Jimin.

"Where is this kid from?" Namjoon immediatly began researching. Within seconds, he found the exact location of the coffee shop, "Busan...he's in Busan. The same place Hoseok was last seen...!"

"It can't be, Namjoon..." Jin shook his head, "We found Jimin already, he's gone...you even confirmed it with the DNA tests..."

"They were inconclusive, Jin. Don't you remember? Yes the blood on the sweater was his, and the DNA in the ashes was his as well, but there were no traces of bone or teeth...there's a chance, Jin." Namjoon's dimples were showing as he smiled, his eyes bright and hopeful. Jin, on the other hand, was shaking his head. He was hopeless.

"Let me do more research on this Sooyoung boy. Maybe, just maybe, he's Jimin. Or at least a relative of Jimin. We can't abandon all hope just yet. Don't you remember what you told Jimin a long time ago? Never lose hope." Namjoon reached out to place his hand over Jin's. He have it a light squeeze and a reassuring smile.
.
.
.
Yoongi sat under a tree in the backyard garden of his family's home. The sky was gray, a chilly wind blowing by and rustling the leaves of the trees, making them whisper softly. Yoongi stared up the the sky, squinting as a sudden ray of sunlight escaped through the clouds. Yoongi stood slowly, his gaze on the light. He stepped closer until he was engulfed in its momentary warmth. He closed his eyes, smiling softly as he let the sun caress his cheeks, warming his entire body.

Suddenly, it was gone and the air was cold again. The sun on Yoongi's cheeks was replaced by the first raindrops of the incoming storm. He was once again engulfed in nothing but cold rain and loneliness. Yoongi looked at the ground, his   hair dripping from the rain. He was coming to terms with his life, with the fact that Jimin was gone, but it was hard. Everyday, he missed Jimin more and more. The world was dark without him the light the way.

Three things cannot be hidden for long; the sun, the moon, and the truth.