73: Conference

(3rd Person POV)

Later That Night

Jimin stared peeked around the wall, his curious eyes taking everything in. The hospital lobby was almost totally filled with reporters and cameras, a small podium set up in front of the water fountain in the middle of the lobby.

After only two doses of Namjoon's medication, Jimin felt almost normal again. He was still weak, but he was determined to stand next to Yoongi and support him. Jimin had been offered the chance to speak his mind, but he refused over and over again. Not only was he scared, but Jimin felt nervous. What if he said something wrong? What if he got his friends in more trouble than what they were already in?

Jimin sighed softly, leaning back against the wall. He brushed imaginary lint off the white button up shirt he was wearing before he readjusted the belt around his waist. The perfectly ironed black pants completed his elegant look. Jimin rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, the pair of hospital wristbands hanging around his wrists. Jimin leaned his head back against the wall, closing his eyes.

Everyone else was in the conference room, having a run through of what they were going to say. Kirang helped Yoongi adjust his clothes, which were almost identical to Jimin's except for a thin black tie around his neck. Kirang herself dressed in an elegant black maternity dress. Jin and Namjoon were dressed in their regular doctor's coats. Jungkook, who had arrived just a few minutes ago, was wearing a casual suit. And Jiwon was no where to be found, he had stepped out a while ago.

"You know...since Jimin's not here.." Yoongi muttered to the room as he adjusted his sleeves, "I would like an opinion on something..."

"What is it?" Seokjin crossed his arms, staring curiously at Yoongi.

"I...want to ask him to marry me. Now that we know he's not sick and we have all the time in the world, I don't want to waste another second." Yoongi's voice was low. He spoke cautiously, unsure of what the reaction would be. Yoongi's nervousness only grew as the silence dragged on for a few minutes.

"I say go for it." Jungkook spoke up. He stepped forward, shrugging his shoulders, "You've both suffered enough. But ideally, you should wait until after all this is over, and maybe until after my nephew is born." Jungkook pointed over to Kirang's stomach.

Yoongi nodded softly in acknowledgment. Seokjin glanced over at Namjoon, who seemed just as conflicted as he was.

"We can make it a surprise engagment!" Kirang's face lit up. Yoongi couldn't help but chuckle once at her antics.

Suddenly, the door to the conference room opened, and in  came Jiwon. Except, he wasn't alone. Dr. Soo was behind him, his shoulders slumped and head hanging low. Instantly, everyone in the room seemed to tense up, and Yoongi's hands curled into fists.

"He came up to me while I was on my way back." Jiwon stated, "And he has something very interesting to say."

"Whatever it is, I don't want to hear it." Yoongi stepped forward, speaking through clenched teeth, "Get him out of here right now. Where's Jimin? Don't leave him out there alone."

"Jimin is fine, he's out getting fresh air. Yoongi, listen to him." Jiwon said reassuringly, "Trust me, this is something you all need to hear."

"I said I don't--!" Yoongi was silenced as Kirang grabbed a hold of his arm. Yoongi glared at her, but sighed loudly in defeat. He then turned and glared at Dr. Soo instead, waiting for him to speak.

"Jimin came into this hospital in almost perfect health." Dr. Soo looked down as he spoke, his voice trembling slightly, "His leukemia was almost untraceable. However...I was instructed to kill him, to poison him as slowly and as painfully as I could. Before I became a doctor...
I was a hitman working under Mr. Min."