65: Terminal

(3rd Person POV)

Earlier

"So, Park Jimin isn't dead after all, huh?" Dr.   Soo said to himself as he examined Jimin's charts. The boy had arrived to the hospital with cardiac arrest, but was stable now, though he was still unconscious. Although Dr. Seokjin was orginally Jimin's doctor, he was removed from patient care due to emotional instability. Therefore, Dr. Soo had been assigned as Jimin's primary doctor.

Overall, Jimin looked okay. His blood sugar levels were dangerously low, which most likely caused his severe reaction earlier, but that could be fixed. His blood cell counts were good. However, he was susceptible to illness, and it seemed he had caught what to most people would be a mild cold. But for Jimin, it was a big deal. But again, it could be treated.

Dr. Soo put the chart down and moved closer to Jimin, where he was laying in the bed. He was hooked up to various machines, his arm had tape all over it, holding IV and medicine needles in place.

"You'll be okay, kid." Dr. Soo sighed. He was about to exit the room when the phone in his pocket began to ring.

"Yes, hello? Ah, Mr. Min! Haven't heard from you in a while...I'm sorry, who?...yes, he's in this hospital, I'm his doctor." Dr. Soo spoke into the phone.

"Good, good." Mr. Min said from the other end of the line, "Now listen carefully. There is something very important I need you to do..."

"Yes, I'm listening." Dr. Soo listened intently, his eyes on Jimin the whole time. Dr. Soo had been Mr. Min's 'eyes' at this hospital for a long time, communicating anything that seemed relevant. A former hitman with the Min Company, Dr. Soo had pursued a medical career with the money he earned, but occasionally still worked with Mr. Min. They were good friends.

"I need you to kill Park Jimin. Slowly, and as painfully as you can. But don't let it be discovered, give him a deadly medicine or something. I just need him dead."

"What...? Really? You want me to kill Jimin?" Dr. Soo frowned, "But why? He's doing well..."

"I don't care if he is or isn't. Why I want him dead doesn't matter. Just do it. I'll pay you a million dollars, plus I'll send you out of the country if you want. Just do it. And make it painful."

"I trust your judgement, Min..." Dr. Soo sighed, nodding, "Alright. I'll see what I can do."

He ended the call, tucking the phone back into his pocket and left Jimin's room, walking down the hall to the pharmaceutical section. With no one there, Dr. Soo walked in and quickly scanned the fully stocked shelves before grabbing a handful of pills and vials before hurriedly heading back to Jimin's room. He shut and locked the door before moving to Jimin's side.

"I'm really sorry, kid." Dr. Soo opened one of the vials, using a needle to draw up medicine before injecting it straight into the vein in the crook of Jimin's elbow. Then, he placed a pill under Jimin's tongue.

These two together would take effect almost immediately, and inevitable death should occur in about two weeks, if no antidote was administered. It would be painful, like Mr. Min wanted.

Dr. Soo walked out of the room. He knew this Jimin kid's friends were waiting outside in the lobby.
.
.
.
Now

"What the hell do you mean he relapsed?!" Jiwon stepped toward the doctor, Dr. Soo as his name badge read.

"I don't know how else to say it..." Dr. Soo frowned, "Jimin isn't doing well. It looks like this cancer may be terminal now."

"Terminal...?" Yoongi stared at the doctor, shaking his head, "No way. It can't be terminal. Jimin can't be dying...he can't. I just got him back..." Yoongi's voice cracked at the end, the overwhelming urge to cry was suffocating.