49: Just Hang On

(Jimin POV)

My head was killing me, aching and pounding painfully. There was ringing in my ears, making me groan and shift around.

"Jimin? You're awake?" Taehyung's voice came from somewhere next to me. That's why I was feeling so hot...I was leaning against him. I opened my eyes, blinking tiredly.  It was too dark to see much,  but I could make out that we were in a car, moving.

"He's awake?" Another surprised voice came from the  driver's seat. The person glanced back briefly, and I could make out his face. It was Hoseok.

The last thing I remember was Hoseok doing something to me...

I sat up quickly, causing my head to ache even more. I groaned again as I used my hands to grip it.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked, his hand touching my forehead.

"No..no I'm not okay. What's going on? Where am I?!" I looked around. The truck's headlights illuminated the road in front of it,  but other than that, I couldn't make anything out. It was dark, and scary.

"Calm down, please..." Taehyung pulled me towards him, laying my head on his lap. I curled up on the seat, my body uncontrollably shaking. I was scared.

"Hoseok turn on the A/C." Taehyung muttered, his hands combing through my hair, "He's burning up. He doesn't look good at all..."

"I'm...cold." I tried to tell him, but my voice was small. Taehyung heard me though.

"How can you be cold, Jiminie? You're like...a thousand degrees..." Taehyung's voice was deep and soothing. I closed my eyes, feeling completely drained. I didn't feel well at all...

"Hoseok, I think we need to get him to a doctor..." Taehyung spoke quietly, maybe he assumed I was asleep.

"We're only 20 minutes from Daegu..." Hoseok spoke softly as well, "Is he really that bad...? Do you think he can hang on?"

"I don't know." Taehyung's hands were on my forehead again, "He's running a really high fever..."

"Hold on to him, then. We'll be there soon." I could hear the truck hum loudly as Hoseok stepped on the accelerator. I was too weak, but I wanted to yell, to cry and ask what was going on. As scared as I was, I couldn't bring myself to do anything.

"Hey, Taehyung..."  Hoseok's voice interrupted my thoughts, "Be on the look out...there's someone following us."

"Are you sure it isn't just some car?" Taehyung asked quietly, again, probably thinking I was asleep.

"No, its not. I think--"

Hoseok's voice was cut off by a loud, ear splitting pop. My eyes flew open, and I curled into myself as I saw the window behind us shatter.  Hoseok cursed loudly, the tires screeching against the road. Taehyung also cursed, leaning over me. I knew his back was hit with the glass.

"They're shooting at us!" Hoseok called out, "Get down, Taehyung!"

More loud pops ensued. Hoseok was driving wildly, the wind filling the car through the broken window. Suddenly, Taehyung cried out, letting go of me. I sat up quickly, just in time to see as he clutched his shoulder. Blood was seeping through his fingers.

"I'm hit...! Hoseok...!" Taehyung cried out in pain, and Hoseok cursed again. I was so confused, the blood on Taehyung was making me nauseous, along with Hoseok's driving.

"Jimin, get down!" I met Hoseok's gaze in the rearview mirror. He looked pissed off. I didn't have a chance to act before there was another series of gunfire.