8: He's Okay I Guess

(Yoongi POV)

"So then, he can come?"

I asked Doctor Kim, who had come in moments after Jimin left. I couldn't wait that long for Jimin to ask him, so I went ahead and did it myself.

Doctor Kim sighed, removing the cold stethoscope from against my bare back. He then placed it on my bare chest, instructing me to inhale and exhale. I complied, although impatiently.

"You can put your shirt on now." Doctor Kim removed the stethoscope from his ears and placed it around his neck. I shrugged back into my sweater, glad to be clothed once again. Hospital rooms were always so damn cold.

"Well..?" I looked up at Doctor Kim from where I sat in bed. He was standing in front of me, his hands in the pockets of his white coat.

"Last time Jimin went out..." He hesitated a bit, his broad shoulders rising and then falling with a sigh, "He became very ill. His body couldn't handle it. I don't think it's a good idea."

So what Jimin had told me was true. For some reason, I had thought maybe he was just scared to go out.

"However.." Doctor Kim continued, "I think maybe this could be good for him."

Huh?

I raised a brow in confusion. Hadn't he just...said it was a bad idea?

The tall doctor walked over to the window and leaned against the ledge, his arms crossed over his chest.

"We started him on a new experimental treatment." Doctor Kim explained, "Really, I don't know how beneficial it is or isn't unless we test it in more than one setting..." Now it sounded like he was just talking to himself. "If Jimin comes back and experiences no negative symptoms, it means the treatment could be working...if he becomes ill..." Doctor Kim paused, pressing his lips together before continuing. "Anyway, I'd like for him to have some fun outside of the hospital once in a while. So if he's okay with going, I'm okay with him going."

Doctor Kim's serious expression had changed to one of happiness. "You know, Jimin is like a son to me. I really love that kid." He laughed and then placed a hand on me head. "I love all my patients!"

With a few more awkward remarks, the doctor led himself out. He said he would talk to Jimin soon, to see what he decided to do. I got up from the bed and walked over to the window, sitting down on the ledge with my arms crossed. The little cactus on the window sill caught my attention. It made me think about that guy.

Jimin didn't look that  sick to me. His brown eyes reminded me of chocolate. His smile was bright and happy, and when he smiled really big, his eyes became a cute crescent shape. His face was round and his cheeks always held a hint of pink. His lips were always rosy as well...

I caught myself smiling as I thought about him. I quickly cleared my throat and stood up again, my face feeling flushed. I shook away my thoughts and strode over into the bathroom to splash cold water on my face. Why was I thinking that? Admiring him that way...it made me feel guilty. Like I was cheating on Kirang. Surely, I was only having such thoughts because it was my first encounter with someone that could relate to me on a level other than wealth...maybe.

I lounged around my room for what seemed like ages, bored out of my mind. I had gotten so used to Jimin being around that it seemed so empty without him.

"Why are you thinking about him again...?!" I scolded myself, shaking my head and grumbling as I stepped out of the bathroom. As if my thoughts had lured him in,  the door to my room opened and in came a smiling Jimin. I tried to keep the smile off my face. But I most certainly failed.

Dr. Kim had talked to Jimin, and he was completly okay with going with me. We left an hour after he came into my room.  It was interesting, to say the least. Jimin had never ridden on the public bus, so I taught him.  Though it tested my patience, I was rewarded with Jimin's cute, crescent eye smile. And that was priceless.

We arrived at my apartment building after about an hour and a half. Jimin was in awe of how big and luxurious it looked. I didn't have the guts to tell him who or what I was yet...so I just said I saved up for a place like this. The elevator ride up to the fifth floor was nice, Jimin had been looking himself in the mirrored walls,  quietly singing to himself as he adjusted his hat and glasses. Somehow, his cute look today made me blush,  and I quickly looked away, praying the elevator would hurry up.

As soon as I heard the ding, I breathed a sigh of relief and immediatly stepped out as the doors opened, Jimin in tow.

"I still can't believe you live here..." He said, in awe as his eyes wandered through the halls. I only chuckled silently, retrieving my keys from my pocket. I stopped in front of my door and unlocked it, a wave of comfort   washing over me as I pushed the door open and was greeted by the familiar scents of home.

"Come in." I said over my shoulder as I walked inside, flicking on the lights. I stood in the living area, stretching noisily in the comfort of my own home.

"Whoa! Yoongi this is so cool! You must've worked a lot for this..." Jimin exclaimed as he wandered through the apartment, his eyes wide as he took in everything. I sat down on the couch, smiling as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You can have whatever you'd like.." I shrugged, looking away as I felt a blush creep up. Those words sounded so weird coming from me. "Uh...well, you know...since you gave me some of your stuff..." Why did I even say that?! I barely had any decor...

I waited for a response from Jimin.

He was busy looking at my aquarium.