36: Angel

(Yoongi POV)

I opened my eyes.

An angel was standing above me.

Had I died in surgery...? Did I not make it...?

My eyes finally began to focus, and I could clearly make out the angel above me. He was blonde, with lightly tanned skin, plump pink lips, brown eyes, and a smile that could save the world. He looked like my Jimin.

"Thank you for coming to meet me, my angel. It makes being dead less scary..." I closed my eyes again, totally at ease. I was comfortable, happy. Like I was floating on clouds.

My angel giggled, an almost musical sound, "You're not dead, Yoongi."

"Mmm... I'm not?" I opened my eyes just a little, staring at the angel, "Hey...how are you so pretty?"

"What kind of pain meds did they give you?" The angel giggled again, his hand lightly brushing the hair away from my forehead, "It's me, silly. It's Jimin."

"Jimin...Jimin?!" My eyes flew open, my heart racing. It was in fact Jimin, smiling down at me. My mind was foggy, but I knew him being here was a big deal.

"Yes,I'm  Jimin. I like your new hair, by the way." He smiled, leaning down to plant a kiss on my forehead, "I'm so, so glad you're okay. "

"When did you wake up?" I watched as Jimin sat down in a chair next to me.

"Two days ago?" Jimin made a cute thinking face, "I woke up the morning you went into surgery...Jin said there were complications, so you've been sleeping. I've been keeping Jungkook company."

I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Jimin was hanging out with Jungkook, and that made me a bit angry.

"Did Jungkook behave?" I narrowed my eyes.

"What kind of question is that?" Jimin smiled, furrowing his eyebrows, "Yes. He's been really cool, despite the situation."

"Good, good." I closed my eyes, once again feeling very dizzy and disoriented, "Hey Jimin..."

"Yes?" His voice came from beside me.

"I think I need to sleep some more...don't leave my side, please?" I opened my eyes just enough to see Jimin's beautiful smile.

"Of course I won't leave. I'll be right here when you wake up. Rest well."
.
.
.
I woke up with the sound of strange voices harshly ringing in my ears.

"This bastard better wake up soon. Surgery or not, he's getting married."

"Honey, don't you think we should really let him rest? It's not his fault..."

"You really think it's real? He's faking it, for God's sake."

"Jungkook was crying, dear. And that Jimin boy explained everything very thoroughly. I don't think he's lying..."

"Don't even mention Jimin. I don't want to hear his name."

It was mom...and dad. It was easy to make out their voices. Why were they here? How did they find out?

"Dear, relax. I really think this is why Yoongi never tells us anything. You always scold him."

"I'm making him into a better, stronger man. Though, man is really an understatement. There really isn't anything manly about him."

"Let him fully recover before we go ahead with the wedding plans, honey. Just an extra week or two."

"...Fine. But no more than that. Yoongi's put it off long enough and we need to move ahead with the company."

"Of course, dear. Let's let him rest, we'll come back tomorrow. "

Father didn't answer, but I could hear them as they walked out and left me alone again.

I immediatly got up, dragging the IV along with me as I limped to the door. My abdomen was aching dully. Where was Jimin? Had they told him anything? I needed to find him.

I pulled the door open, sticking my head out. My eyes widened at the sight I saw next. 

Jimin was walking down the hallway, away from my room. Jungkook was next to him, his tall frame making Jimin look even smaller than he was. And they were laughing, nudging each other. Jimin seemed at ease, which meant niether my parents or Jungkook had told him anything.

I looked away, silently slipping back into my room. Even though there was probably nothing more than friendship between them, my heart still dropped and thumped sadly as I watched Jimin with Jungkook. Is this how Jimin would feel...when I finally told him about Kirang?

I headed back to my bed.

I made up my mind then. I wouldn't marry Kirang, and I would run away with Jimin. I'd bring Jungkook with me, to protect him. For as long as I was alive, they'd be safe.

But then, I remembered I'd have a child to care for...that changed things.
.
.
.
6 days later

My parents didn't return. Jungkook went home as soon as I was well enough to be on my own. Somehow in only a couple of days, he'd managed to make Jimin his best friend.

I was thinking about that as I sat in Jin's office for an exam.

"Everything is looking exceptionally good, Yoongi." Dr. Jin practically beamed. He was showing me my lab results, along with the recent MRI, "The wound is healing nicely as well, inside and out."

"And the cancer? How's that?" I stared at Jin  anxiously.

"There's no trace of it. It may be too early to say, but you may be completly cancer free. Still, we need more tests to confirm. " Jin smiled warmly.

"And Jimin? How is he doing?" Although I was more than happy to hear my own good news, there was no point in being happy if Jimin wasn't doing well.

"He's doing surprisingly well, actually." Jin crossed him arms, tilting his head thoughtfully, "Since he was in a coma, his blood cells regulated, kind of. He still has leukemia, but he's getting better. Especially with the new treatment Namjoon developed." Jin sighed happily, a tiny smile on his lips, "Everything seems to be going so well."

"Except for the part where we haven't caught Jimin's attacker." I added, "If you'd let me, I'd like to go talk to my father's police force today about that situation."

"Oh? I would...but your father said not to worry about that, because he had it under control. He said he contacted his group right after you asked him for help. " Jin said.

"What, really? When he'd say that?" I asked in confusion.

"As soon as I met with him after your surgery. Jungkook called him because he was scared when I said there were complications, I know you had said we shouldn't call..."

"It's fine, I get it. Well, if that's handled, then can I go out?" I raised an eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

"Out where?"

"On a date with Jimin?"

Jin was speechless for a while before he laughed quietly, shrugging, "If you feel well enough, it's okay with me. Just be careful."

"Got it. Thanks doc." I got up and practically sprinted out the door. I couldn't wait to have Jimin in my arms again.