60: Keep a Secret

(3rd Person POV)

D-2 days until Min-Kim wedding

Earlier

Jungkook couldn't sleep. After seeing those pictures online, his mind was buzzing. The boy in the picture was Jimin. It had to be. There was no way it wasn't. He had piercings in the same places as Jimin, the way his eyes disappeared when he smiled was just like Jimin.

Jungkook spent most of the night doing research, his hands busily typing away at his laptop. A while ago, the pictures of Sooyoung had disappeared, they were no where to be found. Luckily for Jungkook, he had saved them to his private files. And thanks to his status within Min Company, Jungkook had access to a lot of usually undisclosed information.  

During his research, he found the place where Sooyoung worked. It was in Busan. He also found hospital records for him, though the only thing he got from that was the name of  Sooyoung's  doctor, a guy named Jiwon Park.

What really ticked Jungkook off was the fact that there was really no other information on Sooyoung. No history, no healthcare records, nothing. Everything he had was new, created only weeks ago.

"It's gotta be him..." Jungkook muttered to himself, standing up from his bed where he had been sitting. He wrote down the address to both Sooyoung's coffee shop and the hospital he was treated at. 

Ideally, he should've waited until morning to get his thoughts together about how to proceed.

But Jungkook didn't.

At 4 in the morning, Jungkook snuck out of the house under the cover of darkness. Without a car of his own, Jungkook had to make do however he could. 

Which meant he'd borrow Yoongi's yellow car, even if it was strictly off limits. Jungkook jogged outside, cringing everytime the gravel crunched beneath him. It was loud. Jungkook quickly opened the unlocked door of the car (He'd have to ask Yoongi why it was always unlocked) and slipped inside, it purred to life smoothly. Not wanting to risk getting caught, Jungkook sped off immedietly, letting out a sigh of relief as he left the residence and entered the highway.

First things first, Jungkook wanted to present his theory to Seokjin at the hospital. Surely he was there, he always did his rounds late at night or ridiculously early. Jungkook drove steadily towards the hospital, eyes focused on the road.

Why was he doing this? Jungkook gripped the steering wheel, biting his lower lip as he tilted his head. He glanced at the dash board, a little picture suddenly capturing his attention. It was a Polaroid shot of Yoongi and Jimin, their cheeks pressed together. Jimin was smiling as he held the camera, Yoongi just looked annoyed. But behind the annoyance, was something else. Love, maybe? Adoration....happiness.

Jungkook clenched his jaw. He knew why he was doing this. It wasn't for him anymore, it was for Yoongi. Sure, Jungkook did like Jimin, but seeing how Yoongi spiraled into depression without Jimin was almost sickening. If he could even do this much for his brother, it would be enough.

Jungkook pulled up into the parking lot at the front entrance of the hospital. He sat in the dark for a while, pondering his next actions when something he saw made him tilt his head curiously.

Walking out of the front doors was none other than Seokjin, followed by Namjoon. They were heading to a sleek black car. Seokjin got in the driver's seat, Namjoon in passenger, and then they pulled out of the lot. Rather than stop them, Jungkook decided to follow them.

The more they drove, the more Jungkook grew confused. They were driving to Busan...but why? Could it be they had the same ideas as him?

Not long afterwards, Jungkook followed Seokjin's car into the parking lot of a hospital within the city. The same exact hospital Jungkook found... the one where Sooyoung was treated.
.
.
.
Present
As soon as Jimin spotted his brother in the lobby of the hospital, he jogged towards him excitedly. He had finally found a job that was relatively easy; a pet store. Not only was it easy money, being around animals helped lift Jimin's spirit. More often than not, he was miserable, even if he hid it behind his bright and happy smile.

"Jiwon!" Jimin called out, smiling, "Jiwon guess what! I finally--"

Jimin came to an arupt stop. His brother wasn't alone. There were two men next to him...and they looked awfully familiar.

It was Jin, next to him was Namjoon.

Out of sheer panic, Jimin turned and immediatly ran in the opposite direction. He was positive Jin had seen him, the look in his eyes gave it away. He heard someone calling out to Sooyoung, but he didn't stop running until he was safetly outside the building. Tears welled in his eyes as he pulled out his phone.

The only numbers on it were Hoseok's, Taehyung's, and his brother's. Jimin dialed Hoseok before seeking a hiding spot underneath some stairs. As soon as Hoseok answered, Jimin sniffled.

"Hoseok, please come pick me up...something is wrong...I think the plan failed."
.
.
.
"Let him go." Jiwon sighed sadly, "Like I said, he's in a fragile state...it's best we don't  pressure him."

Seokjin had tried to run after Jimin, but he was already gone. That, and Jiwon was gripping his arm. Jiwon knew if Jimin had really wanted to see Seokjin, he wouldn't have run away. But right now, Jimin was scared, untrusting of everything and everyone. And it was understandable; he was in this situation because someone had wanted him dead. Jiwon didn't hesitate to call Hoseok, letting him know Jimin had run off suddenly.

Seokjin and Namjoon hesitantly agreed to leave and visit again once Jimin was up to date with the situation. As they were walking out the front entrance, an incoming message made the phone in Jiwon's pocket vibrate. A text from Hoseok, letting him know he had Jimin.

With a sigh of relief,  Jiwon returned to work,  his mind reeling from all the sudden events.
.
.
.
"Seokjin." Jungkook called out from behind a pillar. He was standing at the hospital's entrance, having followed them all the way here. He stepped out from his hiding spot, meeting the gaze of a shocked Seokjin and a confused Namjoon.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here? Is Yoongi here?" Seokjin's eyes darted around, nervously looking out for the elder of the brothers.

"He's not. I came on my own. What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked, eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Medical research." Namjoon stated casually. They had moved closer to Jungkook, their voices hushed.

"No." Jungkook shook his head, "I know that's not why you're here. You met up with Doctor Jiwon Park, didn't you?"

"How did you--" Seokjin scoffed, "Why does it matter anyway? We're here on business."

"You know it too, don't you?" Jungkook watched carefully as both Seokjin and Namjoon's expression changed to a suspicious one, "Sooyoung."

Jungkook watched as Seokjin visibly tensed up at the mention of the name.

"You saw the pictures too, didn't you? The ones of the cafe kid, the ones that are now deleted." Jungkook stepped closer, his jaw clenched. Tears were welling in his big doeish eyes, "You know. He's not dead, is he? Jimin is Sooyoung."

Seokjin swallowed nervously, his eyes wide as Jungkook spoke.

"Don't tell anyone." Seokjin pleaded quietly, choking up. Instantly, Jungkook's tough expression changed to a softer one.

"Why not...? This is huge. Yoongi will be so happy--"

"Yoongi won't be happy." The tears in Seokjin's eyes once again confused Jungkook, "Jungkook, Yoongi is the reason all this happened. He sent Jimin to be kidnapped and killed."

"...what?" Jungkook was taken aback, "No way, that can't be. Yoongi was devasted when Jimin died, he was so depressed...there's no he would do that..."

"Well, he did." Seokjin said sadly, "That's why no one can know Jimin is alive...Sooyoung is his new identity. Please. Jungkook...please keep this to yourself..."

Jungkook stood quietly, the sudden news hitting him like a train.

Jimin was alive, and it was Yoongi who wanted him dead....but why? Yoongi had reacted so dreadfully to the news of Jimin's kidnapping and later, his death. Was Yoongi just faking it all?