66: If It's Meant to Be...

(3rd Person POV)

"You don't  love him, do you?" Jiwon stared at Kirang, eyes narrowed. They were at the hospital's cafeteria, getting coffee and things for everyone back at the waiting room.

"How can you say that? Of course I do..." Kirang fowned as she filled the paper  coffee cups, "He's my husband...and the father of my child."

"Yeah, but loving someone and being in love with someone are different." Jiwon said, carefully placing the coffee cups in trays, "So, do you love him? Or are you in love with him? Because I'm not gonna lie, Kirang. I'm in love with you, just as I've always been."

Kirang was quiet, she didn't know how to respond. She filled the last cup and placed it on Jiwon's tray before heading to the payment counter.  Jiwon followed behind her, watching as she paid. Then, they left the cafeteria and headed in the direction of the waiting room.

"Your silence says it all, Kirang." Jiwon took longer strides until he was standing in front of her, blocking her path, "I know you well, I know you're kind, and loving and I know for a fact that if you had known Jimin was my brother, you would've never wanted him dead. I know your apology was sincere. And I know that you're not in love with Yoongi."

Kirang sighed softly, looking down at the floor before nodding softly, "You're right." She said, almost in a whisper, "I'm not in love with him. I do love him...but I was never able to love him like I loved you. I was so stressed and miserable with my life that I just...I let myself go."

"Then why did you marry him....?!" Jiwon asked sadly, "Kirang...you and I, we could've remade our lives together...just you and I..."

"It's not too late." Kirang interjected, lifting her gaze. She wiped away a few stray tears from her cheeks, "I was already thinking of this...I'm not going to force Yoongi to be tied to me. I'm going to offer him a divorce, because I know his true happiness lies with Jimin. It's been clear since the beginning. But I was so scared of being alone, of my father's reaction if I let Yoongi go. That's why I did what I did, and I regret it. As for our baby..." Kirang lightly placed a hand over her bump, sighing softly, "Yoongi loves him, too. We'll work those details out..."

"There's still time." Jiwon said softly, "Let's not rush."

Kirang nodded, offering a small smile. They walked together back to the waiting area, only to find it filled with police.

"What the hell...?" Jiwon set the tray of drinks down and pushed past a small crowd of curious people that had formed, Kirang behind him. They moved to stand next to Jungkook.

"Jungkook what's going..." Jiwon didn't  finish his sentence as he stared in disbelief at the scene im front of him. An officer was standing next to Hoseok, who's hands were cuffed behind his back. Another officer had Taehyung's front side pressed against the wall, the handcuffs just snapping shut around his wrists behind his back.

"Why are you arresting them?!" Jiwon stepped forward, but Jungkook stretched his arm out to stop him.

"My dad sent for them to be arrested for kidnapping and attempted murder." Jungkook spoke quietly, "Even if it was my father who sent the orders, his hands are clean. Unlike Hoseok's and Taehyung's..."

"What the hell are we supposed to do?" Jiwon scowled as he watched the officer roughly pull Taehyung upright, leading him to the doors. Hoseok was close behind him, even if the officer was pushing him along, he paused in front of Jiwon and Jungkook.

"Don't worry about us." Hoseok said calmly. He hid his feelings well, unlike Taehyung, who was very clearly scared, "We'll be fine. I knew this would happen, just not this soon...take care of Jimin, keep him safe..."

The officer shoved Hoseok forward. He took one last longing glance at the saddened faces of his friends before he continued walking, his gaze on the floor. Soon, they were out of the hospital and in the back of the police cars.
.
.
.
"Do you know how hard it's been for me?" Yoongi sniffled. He was holding Jimin's hands in his own, using his thumbs to rub circles against the smooth skin.

"The day they said you were dead..." Yoongi paused as he choked up again, "I...I lost myself. I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to sleep...I didn't want to exist. All I wanted was you. These past few weeks have been a blur to me, I've been living without really being alive...but now, I feel like the clouds in my sky have started to thin out. No, actually...they're gone. Because you're here...alive."

Yoongi lifted his gaze to look at Jimin, who was staring elsewhere, but not at him.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked quietly, his hand resting lightly on Jimin's cheek. Much to his surprise, Jimin turned away.

"I'm fine. It was hard for me too, you know? Because not only did I lose you, I lost my entire life." Jimin clenched his jaw in an effort to stop his tears. He didn't want to cry.

"Falling in love with you has easily been the most painful expierance I've been through." Jimin met Yoongi's tearful eyes, "And I've been through all sorts of pain. You hurt me in ways that I didn't know were possible.  When I was in Busan, there were times I wondered if it was possible to die from a broken heart. Why did I fall in love with you?"

Yoongi's lower lip began to tremble, fresh tears forming in his eyes. He looked away, shrugging his shoulders. Jimin's words were hurtful...

"Because of you and your family, because of your lies, I lost my entire life. I had to leave everyone I loved behind. I had to lose 'Jimin' and become 'Sooyoung.' Do you know how hard that was? To live in constant fear that someone out there was out to kill me? To live knowing that I was losing you more and more everyday that passed? All because I fell in love with someone forbidden? Do you know how much I suffered?!" Jimin cried out, allowing his tears to flow like rivers.

"How gutsy of you to actually show up in your wedding suit." Jimin looked away, using the sleeve of his hospital clothes to wipe his tears, "Or is it a funeral suit? I'm really dying, after all. Just like your family wanted. You're married now. It doesn't matter how much I love you, you aren't mine to love anymore."

"Jimin..." Yoongi sighed softly. Of course, Jimin ignored him. Every word Jimin said was like an arrow straight the the  heart.

"Jimin..." Yoongi said again. He used his fingers on Jimin's chin to make him face him. But Jimin resisted, so Yoongi used both his hands. He placed them on Jimin's cheeks and made him look.

"I love you. Go ahead and hate me, I won't stop you. Because I know I was wrong, and I  know it's all my fault. And I will apologize to you everyday, every hour, every minute if you want. But please...please don't be like this. Because I don't know if I can bare it. I can't live without you, Jimin Park. I love you, and I need you." Yoongi removed his hands from Jimin's cheeks. Yoongi stood, walking over to the window. He could feel Jimin's gaze on him as he opened the window.

"This..." Yoongi removed the golden wedding ring from around his ring finger and held it up,  the shiny material glistening  under the lights,  "is nothing compared to my love for you.  In fact,  I love you so much that I'm willing to do this. "

Yoongi took a few steps back and then  threw the ring out the window with all his strength. Jimin watched,  mouth hanging open, as the ring glsitened in the sunlight before completely disappearing somewhere into the city below.

Yoongi stared out the window for a moment before turning back to Jimin.

"I love you. And I'm willing to give up everything in order to be with you. I will remove myself from the Min company. " Yoongi walked over to Jimin's bed,  kneeling down beside it.  He took Jimin's hand into his own,  "I will not let you die, do you understand? I am going to be here with you until you get better. I'm never leaving you again. And you're going to fight, right? You're going to live. I believe in you."

Jimin's small shoulders began to shake as he sobbed. How could he hate Yoongi? He couldn't, that's what. Jimin was deeply and unconditionally  in love with him.  And he was willing to go through any amount of pain, all over again.  To be with Yoongi, to be happy for whatever he had left of his life, Jimin was willing to endure whatever pain was necessary.

The dawn right before the sun rises is the darkest.