40: Cat Out of the Bag

(3rd Person POV)

Jimin had an anxiety attack.

The news of Yoongi's engagment took him by surprise, and he began to panic. Why had Yoongi lied? Why had he let himself fall in love so foolishly? Why?

Jimin began to hyperventilate, his breathing uneven between his sobs.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked, holding Jimin at arms length.

Jimin shook his head, his whole body trembling, "I...I can't breath." He choked out between breathes.

Jungkook swept the younger boy up into his arms, bridal style. Jimin really didn't look good, had the news been too much for him?

.

.

.

"So...What exactly happened?" Jin and Jungkook stood outside of Jimin's room. Jimin had been inconsolable, Jin had to administer a light sedative to calm him. Right now, Taehyung and Hoseok were with him.

"He found out about Yoongi's engagement." Jungkook sighed, "It had to happen eventually."

"Poor kid..." Jin frowned, shaking his head, "Yoongi was his entire life...it's a good thing he's being discharged soon, when he gets back. That way, Jimin won't have to bump into him."

Jungkook nodded. That's right...Yoongi wouldn't be here much longer.

Jin left, and Jungkook entered Jimin's room. He was sitting cross-legged in his bed, Taehyung next to him. Hoseok was leaning against the window ledge, arms crossed. The TV in the corner of the room was on, and ironically, it was showing news coverage of the Min-Kim wedding, as they were calling it.

"I still can't believe it." Jimin sighed sadly as he watched the news report, frowning deeply. It was clear he was out of it, the sedative keeping him numb. Everyone was quiet, Taehyung had his head on Jimin's shoulder. Jimin looked like the shell of who he was, he looked empty. Jungkook bit his lip, for a second regretting his actions. Then again, Jimin deserved better. Jungkook sat on the edge of Jimin's bed, listening as Taehyung ranted.

"I'm so glad I got to punch him, Jimin. He definitely deserved it. And he deserves many more punches. " Taehyung said.

"Violence doesn't solve anything, Tae." Jimin smiled tiredly, "If you guys don't mind...I'd really like to sleep. "

"Sure thing, Jiminie." Taehyung stood, helping Jimin lay back before pulling the sheets around his body, tucking him in, "I have to go anyways, Uncle Jin still has me grounded."

"Be good, Tae." Jimin waved as Taehyung said his goodbyes before leaving.

"I have to go, too." Hoseok said quietly, lightly patting Jimin's head, "Please...take care. And try to stay away from Yoongi."

"You were right, Hoseok." Jimin said tiredly, his eyes closing, "I'm sorry."

After Hoseok left, Jungkook stood.

"Don't leave, Jungkook." Jimin mumbled, his eyes shut. He was half asleep, but still conscious, "Stay...I don't want to be alone."

Jungkook sat back down. Jimin seemed to instantly relax, his breathing becoming deep and even as he drifted off to sleep.

"Yoongi...I told you I'd win his heart. I told you I'd be here for him when you broke him. Game over." Jungkook thought to himself as he watched Jimin sleep.
.
.
.
.
The Next Day

Yoongi woke up with a sore neck. He stretched, rubbing it with a groan. Too tired to drive back to the hospital, he had spent the night at his parent's house and slept on the couch. Yoongi reached for his phone, quickly typing out a text.