Chapter 28

The chunin exam's second stage had arrived. The Hokage and the kamikage sat in the surveillance room to watch the matches in the forest of death. 

The kazekage would be absent until the one on one matches.

Yomi sat silently, staring blankly at the screen, even though she couldn't see she could pretend to see. She could hear the matches so she listened out for the match with team chikagakure. Her mind wondered back to the night before, she really hadn't expected kushina to notice.

<<

Kushina hummed to herself as she prepared some food for the little girl sitting nervously at her dining table.

Yomi was a nervous wreck, she had never been invited to dinner before so she had no idea how act or what she should say.

As kushina walked up to her with a plate of food with a glass of water Yomi felt that she had to say something.

"Ano...... kushina-san, you really don't have to do this for me."

Kushina merely smiled sweetly, Yomi was looking down in embarrassment, her hair falling at the sides of her face.

Kushina reached out and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"It's alright, after all, we're family right?"

Yomi felt her eyes sting and she broke out into a smile and nodded. Then she reached out to pick the fork, feeling around for it before taking it and slowly placing it on her plate.

Kushina felt her heart break, the way Yomi did things, unless you watched her you wouldn't know she was blind.

"How did you become blind?"

Yomi froze, kushina knew?

"How did you know?"

"Why didn't you tell me? I thought we were family?"

Yomi hung her head in shame. Big tears fell from her eyes, kushina sighed and reached out to hug yomi.

"Kushina-san"

"It's ok Yomi."

<<

"Kamikaze?"

Her attention was drawn away by the examiner as they were pointing to the tv, at least that's what she thought they were doing.

"Which team is this?"

"Team Minato." She smiled remembering what happened the night before.

"The will of fire is strong."

The Hokage looked at her, "leave us." The ninjas left quickly leaving the two Kage's alone.

"Why don't you speak up child, you're blind."

.

Kisame growled at team Minato. He hated them, especially Obito uchiha.

He was the one who made his onee chan cry!

Kakazu just watched idly, he had transformed sasori and himself into kids for the genin exams, and yet he wasn't willing to join in with the fighting, he would let the whelp fight to the best of his abilities.

"I will definitely win! So that my onee-chan will hear how far I have come!"

Kisame declared making Yomi smile, that child... probably knew everything from the start.

Kakazu smirked as he watched the passion driven shark. "Well said whelp."

A/N: I spend my time listening to songs and imagine cool AMVs with Tsuki Yomi, it's so sad she isn't part of naruto 😭. I'm actually looking forward to my other book Ancestors, I can finally meet the one and only! Izuna uchiha!

Madara: what about me?

Me: oh, you too.

Izuna: lmao!

Madara: just go die!