Chapter 33

What do you know about sacrifice, weasel?

• • •

Kakazu stared at kisame, how old was he now? He looked roughly around fifteen but who knew?

"Whelp how old are you now?" The miser asked the shark who seemed to be stuffing his face with Tsuki Yomi's homemade onigiri again without giving his poor mouth a break.

Kisame had grown into an impressive young man, pounds of solid muscle and years of training had brought him to the person he was today.

The kanaka he trained with strapped securely on his back and his chikagakure shinobi headband hanging proudly from his neck.

Kisame didn't bother to talk so he kept on eating like his life depended on it.

"Hurry up, Tsuki Yomi has ordered us to retrieve your new sword."

Kisame merely grunted refusing to divert his attention from the food in front of him. Kakazu got annoyed.

"For every mouthful you eat while you refuse to answer and waste my time you'll have to pay 1000 ryo."

Even at that kisame didn't budge, Yomi's food was delicious.

Meanwhile, in konoha kushina squealed at the little boy in mikoto's hands, itachi.

"He's adorable mikoto!" She said cooing at the new born baby who stared at her curiously.

Yomi stared, wishing she could see what itachi looked like as a baby, if only she has a camera.......

Itachi looked at her and smiled cutely letting out a laugh before wigging his hands trying to grab her cloak. He was so cute and non suicidal, nothing like the itachi she knew and loved.

If she could save just him that would enough.

No it wouldn't.

Nothing could justify her inability to save them from pain and sorrow, she had watched them go through it once, but not again.

"Would you like to carry him?" Mikoto asked Yomi who smiled and nodded, itachi was handed over to the arms of Yomi, and almost immediately he burst into tears.

"Oh my! Itachi!" Mikoto exclaimed at her son's poor behaviour. Kushina laughed and Yomi found herself crying. Mikoto was scared for her life, Yomi was crying!?

"I'm sure he didn't mean it Yomi san."

Tsuki Yomi shook her head, "no, it's ok" when did she ever see itachi this carefree? Did he ever cry for stupid reasons? She hugged the crying baby's who seemed to calm down, "I'm just, really happy."

It's funny how the littlest things made her happy. Mikoto's worry slowly turned into a sad smile. The world must have really been cruel to her, seeing such an embodiment of innocence, she would've reacted the same way in such a position.

The Yomi she knew, was the kind of person to become a lamb for slaughter for the greater good.

Yomi realised she had been here for some time so she got up. "I'll have to go now Kushina san." She said getting up and handing itachi over to mikoto.

"you have another meeting with the hokage?"

Yomi nodded as she turned her back to leave, only to be stopped by a small hand holding on to her cloak.

A small smile climbed onto her face as he let go and she advanced alone.

Alone?

Was she really alone?

She asked herself that question on a day to day basis, now she was constantly shrouded in darkness she needed company more than ever before.

But she had people surrounding her, she had family.

But why did her heart feel so empty?

A little boy bumped into her on her way out from the uchiha compound.

"I'm so sorry!" He heavily apologised, by his voice he seemed to be around four or three years old, maybe he was five.

"It's ok kid, are you alright?"

"Hai! Onee chan!"

He felt like a bright kid, she wished she could see him.

"My name is shisui!"

What are the odds?

A/N: My busted attempt on ibis paint. 😭
Check out Tsuki Yomi drawn by TheOnlyGabe3 she's so cute and I just love her to bits! 😍😍 she's just so - squeeeeeee!!

Madara: *stares intensely at fan art*

Madara: *brings out picture*

*Author ignores it fangirling over Tsuki Yomi*

Madara: ALERT! ALRET! Love interest not paying attention!
*sweats nervously*

This is bad.