Chapter 31

Mikoto had her head hung in embarrassment as she and Fugaku sat across Yomi Who was sipping a cup of tea quietly.

"Don't mind me, carry on with what you were doing."

Fugaku wanted to die right then. She knew. She would never let him live this down, mikoto was beer red, she didn't expect Fugaku to come home with a guest.

Yomi forced her laughter down with another gulp of tea. Itachi, guess what your parents were doing in their teen years, wouldn't you like to know?

Dropping the cup she stood smiling, "thanks for the tea mikoto! It's so similar to kushina's tea."

Her ears perked up, "you know kushina?" Right, they were friends weren't they?

"Hai! She's family!"

Speaking of family.... "thanks for your hospitality Fugaku, now you can go back to what you were doing before I interrupted you!"  And with that she left the tomato red faced couple alone to their own devices.

Nagato sat in the hot spring with yahiko and jiraya sensei, since jiraya was trying to peep into the female section yahiko was left talking to the shy red haired uzumki.

"Ne Nagato, what's your ideal girl?"

An ideal girl?

An image of Yomi formed quickly in his head before it vanished. A blush appeared on his face which didn't go unnoticed by yahiko who had a smug grin.

"Don't tell me you've found a girl? Wait, could it be the girl that's always sending you love letters? Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend!?"

"T-That's n-not it!" His face almost matched his hair as a feeling of embarrassment seemed to overshadow the small smile on his lips.

"Then what is it? Is she your fiancé instead?"

There's no way she would actually like someone like him, to him she was the sun, she was strong, but he was the polar opposite. Weak, a murderer.

"I-"

"Where did you even find a girl like that?"

"....... in a river."

"What? Your joking right?"

"No way! She was really in the river!"

"Woah, what does she look like?"

As Nagato was about to speak bubbles rose from the hot spring and Nagato looked down to see Tsuki Yomi sitting on his laps, straddling him, yet hugging him.

"Nagato~!"

She actually showed up in the hot springs!

"Onee-chan!?"

Yahiko staring at the girl a few years younger then he looked at Nagato's face, then he couldn't control himself.

Letting out a round of booming laughter to express his amusement.

She was the Tsuki Yomi? The girl that Nagato practically adored.

"Keep it down would you? You'll scare away the chicks."

Jiraya refused to move from his peeking spot as he peeked but he let an eye glance at them and seeing Yomi's position on his student he nearly choked on his own saliva.

"Nagato!?"

Nagato paled.

"Jiraya sensei! This is not what it looks like!"

He wished he could just die right there.

"Oh, hello jiraya san" Yomi replied cutely. "I'm here to take your student, I'll return him soon~!"

With that she was gone with the red faced, red haired uzumaki.

Nagato drowned in his own self pity, why him?

They had landed at her bathtub and she had given him a towel and a change of clothes.

Nagato took it and came out, unsure of why she brought him with her.

Putting on a dressing gown he called out to her.

"Yomi?"

"Over here!" She was behind the door, he sighed before following her.

As the door swung open there she stood happily holding the hands of a red haired woman.

"Onee chan, who is this?" He asked slightly suspicious of the red hair that looked too similar to his.

"Nagato uzumaki say hello to kushina uzumaki!"

The woman smiled kindly, "It's a pleasure to meet you Nagato kun."

Nagato found it hard to process what he was hearing, she was....... family?

A strange feeling crept up as he felt his eyes sting slightly, his family, as far as he knew, was dead. There was no way she was real right? Big drops of tears slid down his face.

All this time....

Kushina smiled sadly and she opened her arms, Nagato did the unexpected, he ran into her arms and felt her warm motherly hug.

All this time.....

Kushina also felt her heart strings thug as she felt pity for him, the world was cruel to leave a small child like him alone for this long.

"All this time, you were alone."  Kushina began, Nagato wailed, pain, hatred, loss, he let it all out, something he hadn't done in a long time.

"I'm sorry."

He had wanted to here those words, for a long time, he had wanted someone to apologise for leaving him alone.

All this time....

"All this time, you truly weren't alone."

Tsuki Yomi watched the heart breaking scene, she couldn't see what they were doing or how they felt. She suddenly found herself being the third party.

She felt out of place, she suddenly felt....

Alone.