Chapter 61

Night drew by, Sasuke was fast asleep on his futon as he had spent a good amount of his day trying I deal with a boar.

The night was cool with a gentle breeze blowing the leaves around, Itachi sat next to a grown Yomi, compared to her he was still a kid, they both had an ice lolly in their hand  and had sat comfortably in silence for the past few minutes.

Tsuki Yomi stared up at the moon, a complex emotion flashed by her eyes before she finally spoke.

"What do you know about sacrifice, weasel?"

Itachi glances at her confused, this question again? And why did she keep calling him weasel? Was this a new term of endearment?

"What do you mean by sacrifice?" He asked curiously, he wasn't sure what she was trying to tell him but he was ready to listen.

She blinked forcing back the tears in her eyes, "for the love of your family you would destroy the world and create a new one."

He looked at her confused, he suddenly had a bad feeling in his heart, a slight feeling of suffocation, like he was suddenly drowning in her sorrows.

"Family is supposed to be our safe haven. But very often, it's the place where we find our deepest heartache, weasel."

A tear slid down itachi's face, so much pain, where did it all come from? It's like none of his feelings were part of his emotions, like he was crying for her.

Tsuki Yomi turned to him, she smiled sadly as she noticed his tears. Her hand reached out to touch his face, his hand rested on hers as he let out a loud cry.

Onee chan if you won't cry then I'll cry for you.

A few hours Yomi sat quietly watching the moon with the boy beside her, the moon was indeed full and beautiful.

"Why?"

That one question had forced her to think, was there a reason why she said all those things to itach? He was just a boy he probably couldn't comprehend what she said, he wouldn't understand the magnitude of how much she had to bear.

But it's inevitable, only a god could bear such a thing.

"Why?"

Her eyes saddened, "who knows.."

Shisui looked at her, he grit his teeth in anger, "You've always been like this! Bearing everything by yourself! You don't even acknowledge us! Your family!" He erupted in anger, she might be immortal, that didn't make her invincible!

"It's something that only I can do."

He pushed her down pinning her to the roof with a hand holding her two arms above her head, "bullshit!"

His eyes were scarlet as she could feel him tremble.

"You don't have to! I am here! I will be with you! I will help you! There is always me!"

She suddenly became serious, "stop being so childish Shisui, it's really not something I want you to involve yourself in."

"It's the same ever time.." his bangs covered his eyes. "It's the same every damn time! Why can't you be vulnerable!? I want to shield the woman I love!" Tears began to drop on her face. "Why can't you understand that!?" His tears...

"Shisui...." she couldn't cry, rather she smiled, she felt happy, the same feeling when she saw the young gaara's admiration.

For the first time in a while she didn't feel alone. Her heart beat increased, he's really too much, he even boldly confessed like that...

"All hero's suffer."

"Then let me be the hero in your stead! Even if you wanted me to I would let you be the villain so you wouldn't have to to feel this way!"

She released an arm from his grip bringing it to his face, she wiped away his tears, "Thank you Shisui..."

He bent down and his lips met hers, her hands intertwined with his hair and they both hugged each other with passion. Something like this, it was ok for her to enjoy the moment right?

Just this once let her indulge in her own selfishness.

"Shisui... you know i don.."

"Shhh.." he said signalling her to keep quiet, "I love you, and I'm willing to wait no matter how long it takes, but till then."

He looked at her deep crimson eyes.

"I will protect you."