Chapter 37

AreinYuni made a new cover for this book, many thanks!! It looks so cool as well😭 tears of joy.

Anyway, back to the story!

"What do you mean by the burden of absolute power?"

"You might never understand it, Oreo san."

• • •

Orochimaru walked with the little girl as she skipped along the village without a care in the world. Such a perfect smile yet the world had been cruel to her. Ripping out her eyes.

She would've been a perfect host, and she still could be if he could try replacing her eyes.

Unknown to him the little girl could understand very well what he was thinking. Replace her eyes? That wouldn't work, her sight was taken by that of a supernatural being, as long as she perched on to this power she would be blind.

But not for long.

Sniffing the air she halted suddenly tugging on orochimaru's trousers, he bent down to her level. She blushed slightly as she felt his knees bend and she lowered her head.

"Candy."

His head looked up and he scanned the vendors finding one that sold dragon beard's candy, he patted her head and waltzed over there, Tsuki Yomi was still blushing, her heart beating uncontrollably.

Buying some he handed it over to her, "here you go hime sama."

"Yomi nee chan!!!!!"

Shisui ran into Yomi tackling her in a bear hug, fortunately she hadn't taken the candy from orochimaru's hand or it would've landed on the floor along with her childish body.

"Shisui.." She said as she felt the air that was knocked out of her lungs. This guys was a unchia right? Then why was he so strange?

<<

"Yomi chan!"

Obito shouted as he tackled her into a hug.

<<

She smiled, not all uchihas were like that but for some reason it felt that way.

"Yomi san guess what!?"

Did she really have to do this now, she wanted the candy orochimaru had bought for her.

"Itachi said his first word!"

Really?

He had actually thrown her to the floor and messed up her cloak just because itachi said his first word?

"Shisui..."

He was clueless to how annoyed she was.

"You pushed me to the ground for that!?"

Orochimaru had a closed eye smile, but then he looked up spotting a messenger bird.

"Hime sama."

Yomi's attention was directed to orochimaru, "till next time." Handing over the candy stick he leaped to the top of a roof and was gone.

Yomi suddenly turned towards Shisui with a glare of pure annoyance as if it was his fault that orochimaru had left.

"I'd better get going..." he said before standing up and slowly backing away before turning and running for his life.

Yomi sighed in exhaustion as she stood up and took a big bite at her candy.

Meeting only darkness. She kept moving forward, she might be lost but if she kept moving hopefully someone would notice her.

In the mean time she had to keep herself from bumping into other people.

What a drag.

Falling though the window she landed butt first on the floor in front of Fugaku's desk. He sweat dropped as he watched her stand up dusting herself.

"Do you ever use the front door?" He asked in disbelief as she just let out a small smile.

"You uchihas seem to enjoy pissing me off."

So she was in a bad mood, understandable.

But she came all this way to see him, maybe their friendship actually meant something to her.

"Anyway I didn't come for you I came for Itachi."

...... or maybe not.

"Itachi should be sleeping."

"I still want to go see him."

"I said he's sleeping.💢"

"Brat, who do you think you are to disrespect your elders?💢"

Keep in mind that at the moment she was in the body for a kid.

Yomi stared at him for a while before suddenly they both broke out into a fit of laughter.

"You.... are hilarious."

He said and she kept on laughing, the first time in years.

They both sat in silence enjoying each other's company.

"Thanks for everything Fugaku." She said as she stared at the ceiling absentmindedly, only seeing darkness.

"For what?"

"For being my light in my world of darkness."

He smiled, "you know you could've gone to see itachi anyway right?"

She felt her consciousness leave, "I know."

"Humans are fickle creatures, they will never be able to satisfy you, why don't you just leave them be? After all, you plan on giving up your humanity soon don't you?"

Her eyes forcefully snapped open as she realised she was still staring at darkness. Her and moved slightly feeling a warm and soft mattress under her.

She sat up with her hands over her eyes.

Leave them be?

Absurd.

• • •

"Father who was she? The woman you considered your best friend?"

He sat for a while in silence before the wind picked up slightly.

To him she was....

".... a god."

A/N: it's highly unfortunate but I got tagged again. 😭 since I did it before I'll just do a Q and A. And so if you guys have any questions about anything related to me or my books please feel free to ask! Ciaossu!

P.s for those of you who are into strong princesses check out my new book "to be empress".