Chapter 45

"I still don't get it, you could have easily lived as Uchiha Yomi without needing to create another personality." Isobu said to the white haired woman who's eyes were closed as she lashed in the waters. "Why do you not?"

Her eyes opened slightly.

"Because I'm tired, Isobu."

•.•.•

"It's a boy!" Yomi squealed in anticipation as she watched Mikoto smile, nine months since Yomi had heard from the strange woman in her dream, she had completely forgotten everything she had told her about and instead decided to spend all her attention on her newly acquired cousin.

Tsuki Yomi watched, what an ugly baby.

Itachi glanced at Tsuki Yomi who seemed to have the exact same smile smile as his little cousin, that confused him slightly, it was almost as if they were the same person. But they seemed so different at the same time.

"Come on kids, it's time to go." The nurse said as Yomi whined and waved to sasuke as if he could understand what she meant by waving her hands in the air.

"Bye sasuke!" She said happily, Tsuki is sweat dropped, maybe she was too much like naruto, that cherry atmosphere would drive her insane.

Fugaku lead them out and decided to take itachi for training.

"It's not fair." Yomi would mumble when they leave, Tsuki Yomi would just sigh.

Fugaku wouldn't be able to teach her any jutsu anyway, Yomi was an artificial personality living in her body, she wouldn't be able to access any of her chakra even if she tried, unless she drew on Isobu's chakra she would never be able to do any jutsu, and she didn't seem determined enough to base her training solely on taijutsu.

Tsuki Yomi hummed, she didn't necessarily care if Yomi didn't become a ninja, it would help them keep off the radar anyway.

And Yomi was only temporary, when she was well rested and found the god of darkness she would be ready to take on the world as Tsuki Yomi.

For now all she just wanted to do was to sleep.

"Be careful, right now you're missing your darkness counterpart, if you encounter any purely negative chakra your body will react negatively to it as you only have the god of light in you."

Isobu warned and she frown slightly, how inconvenient, all she had to do was wait for Yomi to draw out the god of darkness with negative emotions right?

This might take a while...

In the meantime she should sleep.

•.•.•

Kushina hummed a tune to herself as she stared at the night sky, and like that night the sky was gloomy and dark with storm clouds that seemed ready to burst.

Maybe something bad was going to happen.

Subconsciously she rubbed her swollen belly, hopefully her child would be safe.

"You humans worry over nothing."

Kurama's voice boomed from inside her head.

"You know fully well that Tsuki Yomi will look after your kit even if something happened."

Yes she knew, it was strange, the feeling of having someone else to rely on that wasn't Minato.

What a comforting feeling.

•.•.•

Months flew by peacefully, The uchiha trio spent the vast majority of their time with each other and with the new addition to their small band of merry kittens, sasuke.

However one particular night in October itachi sat on the porch watching the night sky, cradling sasuke in his arms.

The wind picked up and brought a foul feeling along with it, he shivered, his mind thinking back to Shisui and Yomi who were still playing outside.

Yomi was on Shisui's back she yawned as he carried her back to itachi.

Her eyes were fast closing, but she noticed a small family laughing with their daughter, she had beautiful dark hair and seemed to be having the time of her life.

A feeling of pain crept up consuming her thoughts, she didn't have a family like this.

She had never known her mother and aunt Mikoto never mentioned who her father was.

And according to the others she was dirty, filled with the vile blood of another clan.

An impurity.

"Why do you care so much for humans if they are all like this?"

Her eyes snapped open as a vile feeling cane over her, she began to shake violently, she couldn't understand why her body was reacting so negatively to such a voice.

"Shisui!" She cried out in desperation but he just quietly put her down and watched her as she trembled violently all hope leaving her eyes as she noticed Shisui wasn't doing anything.

Wake up.

•.•.•

"It's good to be home."